Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 08:11:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ok im finally begging here. please help me with transferring  (Read 133 times)
lelam (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:01:17 AM

Guys, Ive asked alot of questions in different threads, some my own threads, some of others. Im not getting the explanations I need.

Please can someone help with exchanges, transferring, what wallets etc.

I have a bit of bitcoin in GDAX. I have a tiny amount of litecoin in cryptopia. I have 500 ETN in a desktop wallet.

I don't know what to do with it now.

I want to grow it, and even though it is a small amount, have a little bit in a handful of the right coins.

Ive asked about exodus wallet. Is that a good wallet to use? Is the shapeshifter a good tool to use?

Ive asked about transfer fees. People are saying LTC has cheaper fees but Cryptopia want £3 to transfer litecoin to an exodus wallet address. If I sell all my ETN that will still be a 10% fee which seems high to me.

Ive never done this before. I just want to have a bit of the right coins, in a place that is safe, and that I can move if I need to at minimal cost.

Please can anyone offer some advice.

Thanks
dilmocoiner

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:43:54 AM

the fee of the litecoin network is super cheap, I paid 20 cents today. But the exchange's fee, unfortunately, is up for them to define, and sometimes they do abuse customers. 3 dollars is fine though, in some countries the exchanges charge like 50

exodus is good; however, like most things involving bitcoin, isn't very user friendly

you'll need to know how to keep yourself safe when using a desktop wallet. I choose to use a hardware wallet because I don't trust my own skills to do so

once your coins are stored with you there will be no exchange fees, making them cheap to move around. Though with bitcoin right now the fees are very high, making it unadviseable to move small amounts with it
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 3856

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:14:54 AM

Exodus[1] is a good multi-coin wallet which obviously, is a wallet that could hold multiple coins[2]. Shapeshift sure is handy as you can exchange your coins quickly, but the fees are definitely way higher with shapeshift compared to when you use exchanges.

LTC has cheap fees, but the £3 fee you're referring to is cryptopia's withdrawal fee. Which unfortunately, we have zero control of.

[1] https://exodus.io
[2] http://support.exodus.io/article/96-exodus-wallet-roadmap

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀