Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:41:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are there any altcoins you can mine with a mobile?  (Read 189 times)
Booted1543 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:10:34 AM

I've got a spare mobile and was wondering if it is possible to mine altcoins with it, and if there's any way it can turn a profit (perhaps by mining coins I expect to increase in value). So is this doable?
jimmykl

Activity: 349
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:56:02 AM

I've got a spare mobile and was wondering if it is possible to mine altcoins with it, and if there's any way it can turn a profit (perhaps by mining coins I expect to increase in value). So is this doable?

No. Sell it and buy the coin you expect to increase in value.
Rasanders22

Activity: 67
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:06:51 AM

Yes, sort of. You can setup a coinhive account which creates a website you can log into with your phone or mobile device. But, depending on your mobile device your hashrate will be so low it would never be worth it. Currently they pay 0.00006119 xmr per 1 million hashes. My Samsung S8 will of 20 H/sec. If I had my new s8 hash 24/7 265 days a year I would make 0.038 xmr, or about 13 dollars. I tried it with a old Windows phone and a Samsung Tab 3. The Tab 3 wouldn't hash and the Windows phone gave me 8 H/sec.
MA3A

Activity: 241
Merit: 100

To Hash or not to Hash, that's what the question

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 05:52:49 AM

tried it on galaxy s6 - does 27hs. There is a bunch of Apps in playstore. just google "coin miner"
in china they got it on waay different scale - put them in clusters.

https://motherboard.vice.com/fr/article/evbvpe/comment-miner-des-bitcoin-avec-des-smartphones-usages

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbXMV1IFS8U

https://www.facebook.com/Qubex-Denver-Data-Recovery-473541326020759/ - accepting coins as payment
www.qubexdatarecovery.info Professional data recovery service for PHYSICALLY DAMAGED (broken) DEVICES: RAID0/RAID5/HYBRID RAID/SSD/HDD/FLASH DRIVE/CELLPHONE/, ALL OS, up to LEVEL 4, ISO-10 Clean room/ISO-100 hoods, Pro tools and know-how.
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 5650

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:07:10 AM

Piece of advice: Don't use Coinhive like that.

It was designed to replace ads which have so little revenue for each devices that allowed you to mine.
The design is for audiences' typically low hashrate to accumulate in your account to produce an acceptable revenue.

By doing it yourself, you're either doing it stupidly or the phones are not yours (or you didn't bought them yourself).
By Mining, you're waking up your phone's processor while mining (24/7 or even half a week) making a strain to the components.

You will make some XMR but after a while, you will be needing a new battery or the whole unit itself.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
CreamyG31337

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:07:56 AM

electroneum promised this but it's not available yet. The app has a placeholder for it.

BTC tip jar: bc1qtepyll2c9fkn67wpnhunclw4mf39nc2jx79zdh
Fanger

Activity: 90

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:15:21 AM

One that I'm aware of is:

https://jsecoin.com/?utm_source=referral&utm_campaign=aff48248&utm_content=

There is also a small sign up bonus.
MarcJ

Activity: 166
Merit: 18

SUBAJ 🔥 Digital Loyalty Card 🔥

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:28:34 AM

maybe able to follow the cloud mining, because cloud mining will be very easy if you do with using mobile. You can use mobile that really helps cloud mining

vlad230

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:07:07 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2018, 06:45:47 PM by vlad230

I tried mining for CryptoNight coins on a high end smartphone using an octacore CPU, 8GB ram and powerful mobile GPU but got a max of 40h/s... very low. Not to mention that the phone would get really hot and the power would drain fast.

In the end you'll ruin your phone battery and need to replace it. The cost to replace the battery would be far more than you can mine with it.

No. Sell it and buy the coin you expect to increase in value.

Best advice you got today. I suggest following it.
somethingiswrong

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 06:18:27 PM

electroneum promised this but it's not available yet. The app has a placeholder for it.

But you can still "mine" electroneum with it.
They also stated that any real mining would destroy your phone in a very shot time period due to overheating the components.
Mobiles are just not designed to be on full load over a longer time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: