Bitcoin Forum
August 17, 2024, 11:21:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Auto reboot on a Wattage window to keep those GPUs humming. "Crash Cancelling"  (Read 111 times)
Protofabtt (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:24:29 AM

Hi all:
While something like Teamviewer can handle accessing & managing a non frozen or non-crashed system , we do often face crashes or unresponsive rigs what with bleeding edge overclocking etc.

I am asking for a little feedback on the below feature set as I am looking at developing a simple system to reboot a (crashed/frozen) mining rig without having to monitor it or access smart plugs etc. People do sleep or go off grid from time to time (airplanes) and need a robust system to keep the rigs running.

The approach is simple = The Ca$hCube. Cool

1) To optimize your rig, plug the rig into the Ca$hCube and the cube into the wall socket.  It features a removable, remote mount capable,  LED wattage display (4 digit). Place the LED wattage display at a convenient spot.
2) Tune your rig to the optimum efficiency.
3) Configure the Ca$hCube via a couple buttons on the wattage display to setup a wattage window with transient tolerance (I figure on a transient tolerance of 60 seconds).
  Perhaps +/- 50W, or some value appropriate for the GPUs in the rig.
4) Enable the wattage window reset capability.

Now if the rig steps out of the power draw window for more than 60 seconds the Ca$hCube will power down the rig for 15 seconds and then power it back up.
The Ca$hCube will allow for 5 mins for the rebooted rig to stabilize and then assess the wattage window again.
If this cycle occurs 3 times inside a 30 minute window the Ca$hCube will shutdown the rig as unstable or faulted in some way and beep every 30 secs with a continually flashing fault LED.
After 4 hours of a powered down faulted condition the Ca$hCube will reboot the system and start the process again to mitigate any loss of internet or mining pool access.

As a bonus, the Ca$hCube can monitor the KWh used with a manual reset capability.

Any thoughts on this are welcome.

I am looking at crowdfunding, but I can take some BTC, ZEC or ETH upfront for super priority delivery.... Grin

Thanks
Ancel

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: