Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:23:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HASHER: a multi pool, multi algo profit optimization mining interface  (Read 602 times)
Johy- (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:25:12 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 04:38:00 PM by Johy-

Hi there, and happy new year!

This happens to be my first post here, although I've been following this forum for soooo long. And what an important post (at least, for me).
Over the recent weeks, I've been working on Hasher, a new multi pool/multi algo interface for Nvidia mining with profit optimization. After using MultiPoolMiner and NemosMiner, I came up with the conclusion that I had further needs. These needs were (1) a better support for pool profit - zpool's API was always unavailable so I could never start mining; (2) more clarity in setting up everything, or ease-of-use; (3) still perform state-of-the-art profit optimization with benchmarking and multipool support.

Eventually, the project became bigger as I got excited about new ideas that could improve the project, and now here I am. But that's it for the story, let me introduce Hasher now...

What is it?
https://github.com/Johy/Hasher
Hasher is a simple yet comprehensive interface that benchmarks your hardware, downloads and runs miners for you to effectively mine the most profitable coin on the most profitable pool. For now, only Nvidia is supported but I'd love to add AMD.

Features
  • Easy introduction and setup
  • Nice interface, more user-friendly than command files
  • Single window with all information at hand (hashrate, algo, pool, profit estimates and balances)
  • Multipool supported: zpool, aHashProol, HashRefinery and NiceHash - Hasher will mine on the most profitable pool
  • Profit API failover: if a pool's API fails to return profit estimates, Hasher uses other approaches to get the data no matter what. If it still fails, there's a cache Hasher can use too*
  • Benchmarking and miner comparison to pick the best one for each algo
  • More customization options (e.g., intensity) while still keeping it simple
  • Robust profit calculation - i.e. even when pool APIs are having troubles
  • Automatic updates: when a new version is released, it will be downloaded when you launch Hasher and installed when you quit it. No more time spent to check updates and copying files!
  • BTC address validation in setup, you can't enter a wrong address (because of your cat) anymore
  • It's free! There is a default donation of 1% - 14mins a day - that you can void (or increase...!)
*In fact, during my tests in the recent days, Hasher systematically switched to a higher profit algo/pool with only 10ish miners on it. After a few hours, multiple times, there were 200ish miners on this algo on this pool. It really looked like the failed API calls on other profit switching algos were preventing people to mine the actual most profitable coin, while Hasher could switch at the right time.

Pictures
https://image.ibb.co/g0xnUw/home.png
https://image.ibb.co/hB1gpw/performance.png
https://image.ibb.co/j6zqhG/benchmark.png
https://image.ibb.co/iMEebb/pools.png
https://image.ibb.co/hhgQGb/settings.png

Installation
  • Download the latest .exe release
  • Hasher has a few dependencies (listed in the GitHub readme) that you need to make sure to have
  • Double-click on the .exe application. A quick install will start, create a shortcut on your Desktop and launch it
  • Follow the introductory setup in Hasher, and enjoy!

I understand that I am a new user on this forum, and that some people can get skeptical about the project, even more so when it is distributed as a .exe. I'm completely fine with this, and there is an alternative way to get Hasher running. It's a Node.js application, so you can also just download the zip and run npm install && npm start. Since one of the objectives of this project is to be easy to use, distributing it as a .exe with auto-update is one of the features (at least for me).

More information and acknowledgments
The readme on the GitHub page is quite comprehensive already, so I'll let you head over there to have a look. If you have questions, remarks, ideas, feel free to share them as I'd be really happy to contribute in the CC community by improving Hasher over time or simply assist you. I truly hope you will enjoy it (and that you won't run into many issues...).

This project is free, and donations to the following BTC address to support it are extremely appreciated: 14t4EkREaQfsbwngtLS7KJx7d1ADiWuB9c.
A lot of ideas in Hasher were inspired from MultiPoolMiner and NemosMiner, that I enriched with more novel features (auto-updates, aggregated balances, GUI, robust pool API failover, etc). Therefore, I'd like to thank them and invite you to donate to them as well if you appreciate the recent work in profit switching algorithms:
NemosMiner: 1QGADhdMRpp9Pk5u5zG1TrHKRrdK5R81TE
MultiPoolMiner: 1MsrCoAt8qM53HUMsUxvy9gMj3QVbHLazH

Thanks a lot in advance for your support and I look forward to reading your feedback!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Johy- (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:37:21 AM

Alpha v2 has been released yesterday after a user had troubles downloading the miners. This part should be better now, hence another alpha for Hasher. If you give it a try, please report issues if any (I'm still expecting different hardware, internet speed, PC setup and Windows version could lead to a few glitches), preferably on GitHub where I can track them more easily. Thanks!

Johy- (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:16:45 PM

Hi!

About 10 users currently use Hasher on a regular basis and that's amazing! Thanks to them really.
Because of this, and because no other issue has been reported, I'm releasing the beta version of Hasher. It's been running perfectly for weeks now, so I think it's ready.

This release also comes with a few more features! Most importantly in my opinion is the smoothing parameter that allows a more robust and effective profit switching mining. The two others are just some more tweaking options: how frequently you want to check for profit, and what estimate you want to use. All of them are in the advanced settings.

Finally, there are some minor bug fixes, better logging etc. Thanks again for using Hasher! And as usual please let me know if you need specific functionalities or if you have issues using it.
Blizzer3

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:53:26 PM

Well when i try it, gets stuck on "downloading" the miners
Johy- (OP)

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:18:52 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 09:37:30 PM by Johy-

Thank for trying out and reporting the problem! Another person had this issue and I released a fix, sorry it doesn’t work for you. Unfortunately, I knew this would happen as systems can be very different from each other. Can you tell me:
- if the progress increases at all (and if so, by how much)
- what the log file says (see the readme for the path of the Hasher folder)
- if in the bin directory of this folder, some miners are unzipped
- what your environment is (Windows version, for example)

Hopefully these details will help me track the issue and fix it. Sorry again and thanks!
Johy- (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:33:26 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2018, 04:37:26 PM by Johy-

There was a glitch in profit checking for the beta v1 so I released a hotfix that should work better.
Enjoy!
zipe

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:32:22 PM

will check this tonight. after Nicehash (newbie crap) and multipoolminer (best so far but user unfriendly) this is the next step Smiley

wil help with as much feedback as I can. thanks Smiley
Johy- (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:35:37 PM

Oh man that’s awesome, I crave for feedback and criticism! I’ve spent a lot of time developing it and while it works great for me, I truly want it to help others as well - and while issues are expected, I can’t make it work for everyone alone, I need actual testers/users. Like I said, about 10 people seem to use it on a regular basis, but I can’t help to think of all that tried without success (and I understand providing feedback can be annoying). It’s important to note that nice interfaces full of options stored and easy to use are much harder to maintain than simple bat files. :-)

Please report your issues/suggestion on GitHub if you can, it helps me track them. (Here is fine too if you don’t want or can’t post there).

Thanks a lot!
Zikkson

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:00:34 PM

I like fresh design of Hasher, but i cant use it because it doesnt support miningpoolhub. Do you plan to add this pool too?

PS. Maybe i can try it on  ahaspool, which i used few days ago and switched.
Johy- (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:44:46 PM

Thank you so much for the suggestion! I considered it but didn’t implement it because it requires additional info (a username), while the ones currently supported are completely anonymous. I didn’t want to bother if it wasn’t requested, but now that it is, sure, I’ll add it with pleasure. Ill find some time in the next evenings to add it (like I said, it’s not as straightforward), hopefully for a release this weekend. I’ll post here when it’s done so that you can try it out.

Thanks for the kind words!
volkansen

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:48:08 PM

Very nice and easy to use GUI. I like that you can select actual_last24h / estimate_current to calculate the most profitable algo / coin.
Looking forward to test it but the software gets stuck at 89% when downloading miners. Please take a look at the SS below. Looks like it's looking at the wrong directory for the 7zip.
https://i.hizliresim.com/MdyWB7.png
Johy- (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:11:32 PM

Really odd, thank you so much for the details, it might explain why some people don’t get it to work. You are using W10? Do you have 7zip installed (normally it’s packaged with Hasher but maybe something’s wrong with it, and maybe only those without 7zip have the issue)?

Thanks!
Zikkson

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:25:16 PM

Thank you so much for the suggestion! I considered it but didn’t implement it because it requires additional info (a username), while the ones currently supported are completely anonymous. I didn’t want to bother if it wasn’t requested, but now that it is, sure, I’ll add it with pleasure. Ill find some time in the next evenings to add it (like I said, it’s not as straightforward), hopefully for a release this weekend. I’ll post here when it’s done so that you can try it out.

Thanks for the kind words!
Great, thanks a lot. Im using Nemosminer right now and Hasher looks like great evolution of that powerful miner. Hope it performs same.
Johy- (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:11:14 PM

Very nice and easy to use GUI. I like that you can select actual_last24h / estimate_current to calculate the most profitable algo / coin.
Looking forward to test it but the software gets stuck at 89% when downloading miners. Please take a look at the SS below. Looks like it's looking at the wrong directory for the 7zip.
https://i.hizliresim.com/MdyWB7.png
I have finally been able to fix this issue that seemed to prevent other people to use Hasher. Thanks so much for your help, now it should be working in the latest release. Please let me know and enjoy. Thanks!

Great, thanks a lot. Im using Nemosminer right now and Hasher looks like great evolution of that powerful miner. Hope it performs same.
While the code has nothing in common with MultiPoolMiner or Nemosminer, I used Nemosminer's strategies regarding Nvidia optimization (same miners, for example, Alexis78 miner works so well with 1080Tis). Surprisingly, Hasher performs as well for me in terms of mining even with the interface running. However, I do advise to apply the same settings as in Nemosminer regarding mining intensity, if they worked for you. I didn't add them by default, because some intensities are not compatible with all GPUs. One plan I had was to design intensity settings optimized for 1080Ti, 1080, 1070Ti, etc., that users could share in order to very quickly have an optimized mining. But first it takes time and second, I only run on 1080Ti. But it's definitely on the roadmap to add an import/export functionality so that if someone has a great setup on a given GPU, they can share it easily and others with the same GPU can benefit from it...
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:17:36 AM

hey OP thx for your hardwork, i'm testing hasher & liking it so far, let me play around with it, i will gladly donate.

a little more info on the interface will be nice, bigger fonts too, maybe allow resizing ?

have no idea what it is doing during benchmarking but it's ok for me

i'd like the option of adding api-bind option so i can monitor the miners

how about miner name ? btcadd followed by "." ?

liking it so far, will test it out n see how it goes.

any chance to use my own preferred/custom miners ?

will report back & looking fwd for further improvements.
Zikkson

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:52:02 AM

While the code has nothing in common with MultiPoolMiner or Nemosminer, I used Nemosminer's strategies regarding Nvidia optimization (same miners, for example, Alexis78 miner works so well with 1080Tis). Surprisingly, Hasher performs as well for me in terms of mining even with the interface running. However, I do advise to apply the same settings as in Nemosminer regarding mining intensity, if they worked for you. I didn't add them by default, because some intensities are not compatible with all GPUs. One plan I had was to design intensity settings optimized for 1080Ti, 1080, 1070Ti, etc., that users could share in order to very quickly have an optimized mining. But first it takes time and second, I only run on 1080Ti. But it's definitely on the roadmap to add an import/export functionality so that if someone has a great setup on a given GPU, they can share it easily and others with the same GPU can benefit from it...
Great features! Thanks about intensity, didnt know its different. Never had problem with default Nemosminer intensity on my gtx1060 rigs, so i will set it same.
Dont know if you still looks on Nemosminer release notes, but last version added Palgins HSR miner for neoscrypt and its great 10% hash boost. So maybe sometime in future could be good addition in Hasher too Wink
Johy- (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:16:43 PM

hey OP thx for your hardwork, i'm testing hasher & liking it so far, let me play around with it, i will gladly donate.

a little more info on the interface will be nice, bigger fonts too, maybe allow resizing ?

have no idea what it is doing during benchmarking but it's ok for me

i'd like the option of adding api-bind option so i can monitor the miners

how about miner name ? btcadd followed by "." ?

liking it so far, will test it out n see how it goes.

any chance to use my own preferred/custom miners ?

will report back & looking fwd for further improvements.
Thanks a lot for your kind words! Let me answer each of your comments. :-)
Interface: sure, I’m always listening for suggestions regarding the design. These changes are quite minor and i will happily integrate them. Before that, i prefer having something perfectly functioning (although i might add some suggestions out of entertainment if i get bored debugging) :-)
Benchmarking: the readme says what it does for those who care: it only runs each enabled miner/algo on selected pools supporting the algo for some time. The longest the more accurate. What I like to do is run a quick bench on everything and when I have an idea of the best performing algos, I rerun a long benchmark only on them.
api-bind: looks like there is a need for additional parameters (it could be something else than api-bind). So I will add a feature in advanced setting to allow for custom extra parameters. Thanks!
Miner name: you mean the identifier on the pools? Yes i can definitely add something so that users can change it (but I think the currency should always stay, so that new users who don’t know how it works don’t end up not being paid...). That way, you will be able to change it to whatever you want!
Custom miner: fantastic idea! I never thought of it. This would require quite some work, but it’s definitely something I’d be happy to integrate.

I’m impressed you took time to comment and provide feedback, thank you so much. My hardware is still limited and I have no idea how it performs on more than 2 GPUs, etc. So I’m truly grateful you took some time trying it out, and especially suggest new features. I’m so happy to be able to improve it thanks to you!

Great features! Thanks about intensity, didnt know its different. Never had problem with default Nemosminer intensity on my gtx1060 rigs, so i will set it same.
Dont know if you still looks on Nemosminer release notes, but last version added Palgins HSR miner for neoscrypt and its great 10% hash boost. So maybe sometime in future could be good addition in Hasher too Wink
In fact, I try but it’s hard to easily or quickly find information about new miners or best performing ones. I’m really happy if users can report on miners to request their addition because they perform much better, like you did, because I don’t have the time to effectively curate them all myself. In other words, if i was alone doing it I would check once a month and update. But if I receive reports like this, it’s much easier and faster for me. So, sure, I will gladly add it quickly. Thank you so much for your help!

Really, I’m elated to see this enthusiasm, it helps me a lot - thanks guys! Looks like the list of new feature requests grows, so instead of posting a quick patch, next time I will make a significant release. Hopefully, by this weekend. :-)
Zikkson

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:05:37 PM

Take your time. Better to release stable version later, than hotfixes now. Hotfix should be only for critical issue in my opinion.

By the way ahashpool looks better than miningpoolhub these days, so dont be hurry with miningpoolhub support if you can do something better. Take my suggestion about miningpoolhub for future Wink
zorvalth

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:12:22 PM

How do you calculate the profit? Because if you use api of these pools its really way too overestimated, nicehash is more realistic and than it will never mine on nicehash?
Johy- (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:17:41 PM

That’s an extremely good point. Or in other words, what prevents pools to steal miners on auto pool switch by overestimating the estimated earnings?
Right now it does as you expected, Hasher uses the APIs and indeed, Nicehash would never be mined on if you select multiple pools...

Do you have any idea how it could be more fair? Because pool payouts are really different, overestimated or not. So in your opinion, what should Hasher use for picking the best pool?

I was also planning to account for the pool fee, miner fee and Hasher’s fee (if any) in the estimates. Right now, it’s not the case which doesn’t help the overestimation. But this I can fix quickly and I will. Thanks again for raising a good point, looking forward to suggestions if you have some. :-)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: