Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:04:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What Hardforks Actually Do?  (Read 114 times)
ishaiq (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 09:18:40 AM

i always had this question in my mind that what hardforks do? they never made bitcoin faster nor lowered transactions fees
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:48:04 AM

That's because they have no effect on the main chain whatsoever. What happens is that the entire chain is copied until a specific end point block, and the rules from then on are changed. You can think of that chain branching out, so whatever happens to it has nothing to do with the main chain. This is also why people get free coins from forks. Because the main chain is copied, your private keys will be holding copies of your old coins on the new chain.

VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 10:51:59 AM

i always had this question in my mind that what hardforks do? they never made bitcoin faster nor lowered transactions fees
I think you missed something. Hard forks are proposed solution to Bitcoin problems but that does not mean that Bitcoin will directly benefit from it, because it is a solution that is made not for Bitcoin network but to its new network that have "Bitcoin" on its name, for example the hard forks says it will increase the block size of Bitcoin, that does not mean that they will increase the block size of original Bitcoin, instead they will make a new coin where they will implement the said solution and that is why there is a war happening between Bitcoin and hard fork coins because they are competing which is the best. But nowadays Bitcoin hard forks are now the new way to make easy money and not really solving any problem.
bigvito19

Activity: 706
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:00:41 PM

suck the money out of bitcoin
SUDARMONO

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:14:50 PM

they are just making a new coin and actually have no effect on bitcoin, and it makes its own profit because it can get the free profit from the hard fork.
dawoodkhan97

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

LibertyLance - Where Freelancing Meets Blockchain

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 01:35:46 PM

All this drama was for nothing as the idea was to
improve bitcoin and the issues it has. But rather
people banked on it and are still doing it!

All these forks and we still have no outcome in
these 6 months. Sick of people trying to make
a quick buck.

/ / _  LibertyLance  |  First Ever Decentralized Gig Based Marketplace
ANN  Whitepaper  One Pager   ▬▬▬  SUBSCRIBE NOW  ▬▬▬   Twitter  Facebook  Telegram
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Private Sale Starts on May 29th   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:21:52 PM

What am I interested in when this gonna stop? How long will we see these hard forks happen?
I think this hurts Bitcoin in the end..

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: