Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:46:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pascal coin why is it not popular?  (Read 521 times)
ashapasa (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:56:11 AM

I have recently noticed pascalcoin and read a bit about the coin and it’s history. I was amazed that most of the features that are discussed like pruning the blockchain, having visa like transaction speed and low fees are already achieved by pascal coin, it reminded me of rai blocks and how it was unrecognized for a long time.
I am confused why such an innovative coin has not risen or gained popularity? Could it be because of the need to get an account number which can only be mined or bought ? Or could it be it’s merged mined with ethereum that’s causing the price to stay stagnant?

What are your thoughts on pascalcoin. Personally I feel pascalcoin is a sleeper coin that can gain traction really fast as awareness spreads about it.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sarveshjagga

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

Etherium Era

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:00:35 PM

well mainly because its only on polonix and not present on other exchanges
ashapasa (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 12:07:45 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2018, 02:30:51 PM by ashapasa

Well poloniex can be considered a big exchange right. It still has significant volume so I am not sure if that’s the reason. Is it the name?
Maxcrypto1990

Activity: 54
Merit: 29

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:22:53 PM

I am quite excited about the potential of Pascal, with the price rising the interest in it will increase also.

I think as you mentioned the issues are only it being traded on one market, and needing to mine or buy an account.

Another issue is they do not really have a presence on reddit or other social media. I went there, and was told that most people hang out in their discord, and that the person that created the pascal reddit isnt on reddit anymore and they are trying to acquire the rights for the subreddit at the moment. So that might improve in the future, and increase pascal's visibility

I also found out from their reddit that they are currently trying to bring pascal to more markets in the future.

▶   MERCULET   || PUBLIC SALE START 7-14 APRIL 2018 ||
CHIEF GROWTH OFFICER OF GLOBAL ENTERPRENEUR (https://merculet.io)
Telegram (https://t.me/Merculet)     Twitter (https://twitter.com/Merculet_io)     Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Merculet-347541915747100)     Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/merculet)     Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/user/merculet)     Linkedin (https://goo.gl/iJGsHS)
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:36:28 PM

I have recently noticed pascalcoin and read a bit about the coin and it’s history. I was amazed that most of the features that are discussed like pruning the blockchain, having visa like transaction speed and low fees are already achieved by pascal coin, it reminded me of rai blocks and how it was unrecognized for a long time.
I am confused why such an innovative coin has not risen or gained popularity? Could it be because of the need to get an account number which can only be mined or bought ? Or could it be it’s merged mined with ethereum that’s causing the price to stay stagnant?

What are your thoughts on pascalcoin. Personally I feel pascalcoin is a sleeper coin that can gain traction really fast as awareness spreads about it.

It seems to me that there are two reasons why Pascal is not a popular crypto currency:
the first it does not offer opportunities for the extraction of the pool
and the second because it is too complicated to use. Even miners sometimes find it difficult to.
FiveReels

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:14:52 AM

Since I am still on  member status here, It is my first time to know that there is such an altcoin that exist with a name of pascal coin. as I do some little reading on it I have three reasons in mind of why probably  it has not still became popular now a days. One is maybe it is not a user friendly coin. Its features are not that easy to use or user having a hard time to use it in any other way. Two is that it does not offer any great opprtunities to explore on converting it from coin to coin or a feature like a payment for any service or product. Three is, probably it is not commonly used with no proper advertisement from user because of lack of satisfaction of the coins feature.

CoinCollector006

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 04:38:03 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2018, 04:53:20 AM by CoinCollector006

The Pascal Coin was delisted from Cryptopia earlier this year and this hurt the trading volume, but what really makes Pascal difficult to achieve consumer adoption is that the coin is user unfriendly. You can't simply send coins to another exchange or wallet with an address the way you might with Bitcoin or any of its clones. You must purchase an account number and this will allow you to send and receive Pascal coins. Its a great technology, but very difficult to use by consumers that are not necessarily experts in blockchain technology.  

I have generally invested well in crypto having bought LTC at $4 to $30 and BTC at $1100 to $1600, but Pascal was a mistake.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pascalcoin/comments/6oyp6d/how_can_i_get_a_pascalcoin_account/

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                         
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                         
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
AdrienBe

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:16:25 AM

Probably the deepest PascalCoin analysis you can find:

https://steemit.com/crypto/@ipa-news/pascalcoin-analysis-in-detail

Please share & vote up
Maxcrypto1990

Activity: 54
Merit: 29

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:01:52 PM

Please share & vote up

Thanks for the link. Great Analysis. Going to be interesting to see how Pascal development continues, and if it will receive more interest once it irons out a few of its kinks. I think it has the potential to become a very important coin/project.

▶   MERCULET   || PUBLIC SALE START 7-14 APRIL 2018 ||
CHIEF GROWTH OFFICER OF GLOBAL ENTERPRENEUR (https://merculet.io)
Telegram (https://t.me/Merculet)     Twitter (https://twitter.com/Merculet_io)     Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Merculet-347541915747100)     Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/merculet)     Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/user/merculet)     Linkedin (https://goo.gl/iJGsHS)
Welckomtome

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:10:40 PM

Please share & vote up
Thank you! already looked but for what it is worth sharing this with everyone? What purpose?
easytipz

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:27:38 PM

#PASC has pumped last month. I still wonder why it is only listed on Poloniex, no other exchange.
desi92

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:37:20 PM

Well poloniex can be considered a big exchange right. It still has significant volume so I am not sure if that’s the reason. Is it the name?

I think maybe it could be one of reason why pascal coin is not very popular between the community.
If i cam say its sleeping giant and i thought maybe yes because it has innovation. I think the second problem is the advertising of the coin is very small. So not many people realize about pascal coin.
ashapasa (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:08:14 AM

Pascalcoin needs more marketing I think. It did well to hold value in this recent dip, hopefully it will be added to other bigger exchanges soon.
duchaitp

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:18:22 AM

I think Pascal coin needs to be present on many other exchanges so investors can easily exchange it more widely.
Adam96

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:06:47 PM

Now Pascal developers can early talk to other exchanges as they can show them the volumne history on polionex. Where average volume of pascal has been growing every week!!
sybilina

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:54:30 AM

Pascalcoin requires user accounts (akin to wallet addresses) to be 'mined'. To mine one you need to already have an account so that forces new users to either buy one or just mine to poloniex until their pool (over 90% of the time it's nanopool) rewards them with their own shiny new wallet.

On top of this it's dual mined with ethereum, so the recent surge sent the hash rate skyrocketing (and the difficulty upwards of 90 billion)

The result is that you have an innovative coin that's a pain in the crack to use, and with over 99% of the marketcap controlled entirely by two business entities. Add to that a couple of ether mining whales sitting on the overwhelming majority of the coins that have been minted and start to understand why nobody is interested. I've dual mined Pascal a bit in the past to test how it functions, so I appreciate the increase interest and price, but in all honesty anyone who invests money into this coin is a chump. The only reason it will ever pump is due to market manipulation.
redmonski

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:58:42 AM

Guys, please head over to discord. Voting for PascalCoin Improvement Proposals (PIP) is ongoing to address the issues the coin is currently facing. New GUI is in the works to make the wallet user friendly, and other proposals as well to solve the dual mining problem, mining pool monopoly, etc.

You can also check Github to learn more of the PIPs.

█▀▀▄░▄▀▀▄░▄▀▀▀░▄▀▀░▄▀▀▄░█░░░▄▀▀░▄▀▀▄░▀░█▄░█                           ✦ Crypto For The Layman ✦  •  ✦ Blockchain in a Safe Box ✦
█▀▀░░█▀▀█░░▀▀▄░█░░░█▀▀█░█░░░█░░░█░░█░█░█░▀█      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█░░░░█░░█░███▀░▀██░█░░█░███░▀██░▀██▀░█░█░░█         【Please mine on [url=https://pool.pascalpool.org/#
/]PASA 94028-93
ZPDM

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 12:14:17 PM

1) No PR and small development team, this may be addressed with future developments
2) Wallet is weird and complicated, though it sounds like if implemented well could be more intuitive and simple than other current crypto wallets. Also it is an extra step to get an account for a wallet, devs should a figure a way around or to mitigate this complexity
3) There is a weird bug (second time I started with weird, how weird) that causes exchange wallets to randomly crash.  This is a huge deal in my mind.  It apparently pissed Cryptopia off to the point they delisted them.  Only Poloniex remains.  The bug may be an artifact of being written in Pascal while nothing else in crypto is.  If devs need to write in C or some such I hope they do and don't try to be all Pascal or die on everyone.  Yea Pascal! Yea, you wrote groundbreaking stuff with it, now rewrite in something people actually use.  Maybe, maybe and I have a question on their discussion forum on this they solved the wallet problem in the last release.  If they keep breaking wallets on exchanges it can't go anywhere. If the wallet problem is solved I think things look good, the rest can sort itself out over time.

To get back to your original post, yes I find it pretty, not weird, but astonishing.  I'm not a programmer or cryptographer I can't directly evaluate what they have done maybe there are problems with their approach.  If not they already solved both transaction time and scalability while everyone is saying wait until we get our level two solutions in place.  Again astonishing. I agree that if valid, and while there are always growing pains, it is a sleeper.  I suspect it will be awhile before people notice it.  Level two solutions will take some time to roll out and my hunch is there will be some push back from established financial interests that could delay things further.  If Pascal cleans up the other problems, people may take a look at that time and so oh look Pascal coin already solved all this a year ago in a different way. If that happens to happen, watch out. 
zayzik

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 03:11:27 AM

pascal is good because it solves all scaling problems. I would look into btc scaling issues, and then look at how pascal solves pretty much everything.
Then you’ll see how pascal has instant transactions, and there is a fee only if you spam the network.
So it has spam protection unlike xrb and Iota.
chutchmcgillicutty

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 03:14:00 AM

I am quite excited about the potential of Pascal, with the price rising the interest in it will increase also.

I think as you mentioned the issues are only it being traded on one market, and needing to mine or buy an account.

Another issue is they do not really have a presence on reddit or other social media. I went there, and was told that most people hang out in their discord, and that the person that created the pascal reddit isnt on reddit anymore and they are trying to acquire the rights for the subreddit at the moment. So that might improve in the future, and increase pascal's visibility

I also found out from their reddit that they are currently trying to bring pascal to more markets in the future.

Pascal? Its all about bitcoin right now
I mean Ima gonna throw a few $$ at Pascal
You all sayin it the future... i believe you

If you think i shouldn't please holler at me

Thanks

GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ADVERTISING EXCHANGE

Token sale: MAY 21

▄█▄      ▄█▄        
                                 █████    █████       
                        ▄██▄     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▄█▄    ▀██▀                           
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄