Bitcoin Forum
September 23, 2024, 07:58:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Your strategy in trading  (Read 2122 times)
1020kingz

Activity: 350
Merit: 106

Telegram Moderator, Hire me

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:46:40 PM

As my experience in trading it depends on you if you want a long term investment or you want a day trading, if youre reffering short term investment you should buy a coin that has a very low prices and sell it when it go up depending on where you set your profit to earn in that trade, remember there are lot of coins to invest just dont be too greedy for your set profit maybe you will loose the trade.
RodneyKings

Activity: 213
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:47:32 PM

I haven't tried trading yet but I was thinking few days ago if I do trading I'll most probably hold and wait for a certain percent of profit then sell some of it. I'd want to collect atleast 10 shares per good coin to hold for years.
shams

Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:48:36 PM

I normally do 2 types of trading One is Day trading and Second is Long-term Trading. In long-term trading first thing I do it that I do full research on the coin before investing any money in that and when I am totally satisfied with my research then only I invest in that coin and in day trading I normally work on technical and fundamental analysis and trading according to the news and it's going great for me and I am happy with my trading strategy.
lusiaga

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:51:21 PM

I do the usual thing in trading. sell expensive and buy cheap. if I cutlose I should be able to bear it within certain limits,
because sometimes a cutlose can be considered important if we know the price will go down much deeper
yansen

Activity: 588
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:58:24 PM

My strategy is long term, but more short. long term only for purchased coins experiencing falling prices of the purchase price. and it forces me to use a long term strategy. to buy coins, I am more waiting for news to come. it is more supportive of price increases.

enes2

Activity: 89
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:00:47 PM

I divide the bitcoin 5 parts in different altcoins, and after any of them reach %50 profit, sell the profit and buy another one.
PS: long term investments are not included

Jobbernowl

Activity: 222
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:01:06 PM

My strategy on the stock exchange is the same as the majority. If the coin falls 20% below the purchase price, I sell as good as it was. If the price grows, then I sell at a profit of 10-30%. Something like this. It does not always work out as intended, but in principle there is income.

Newboybb

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:07:08 PM

What is your strategy in trading? When you buy any alt coin how long do you hold and on what percentage you sell it?
I usually buy it, I hold it for three months, then I sell it at any price for three months, so I don't have to watch the price go up and down every day.

Ereun

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:08:18 PM

News Trading ,, Increasingly popular, this trading strategy focuses on the actual news and economic developments and drives the market that is released every day. Opportunities are present in every important data release, but this approach is sometimes quite volatile given the short-term movement. The trader must control the time and impact of the release of the data, so that it can navigate volatility and reap profits from price movements.
Hold..buy 10% Try to sell above 20%,by using the system earlier.
won99

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 03:12:25 PM

I think if we want to successfully in tradding we must often to see the price of coin in spot market, then analysis walking of price for one week. If three day the price decrease and the fourth day the price increase, so that the price exactly increase Smiley

TAYLOR
Crypto Trading for Everyone
----
----
----
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
----
----
----
----
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
----
----
----
----
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
------
----
[]
layoutph

Activity: 1372
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 03:20:52 PM

I have been trading for exactly 1year now. Heres what I figure out. Any huge volume coins from the coinmarket cap less than $5 usd is a good to buy. So I'll try to name some of them: STR, XVG, XRP, IOTA, Cardano. Try to buy $100 each and lock it for 2yrs. If the coin is good it will give you a massive profit of 40x to 100x.

What is your strategy in trading? When you buy any alt coin how long do you hold and on what percentage you sell it?
otundebis

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:27:15 PM

My strategy in trading is very simple. i don't do flipping of different coin continuously. I try to look for good ICO and invest. I will then wait for such ICO to be traded on exchange and I dispose of them. I sometime make five to ten times profit from this alone!

VarDiff

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:37:51 PM

Buy low, sell high.

Not a trolling, it works. Find some undervalued coins on the bottom, buy and hold it for a few months at least.
A'm not a big fun of shitcoins from top-500, so I advise you to choose more strongest and oldest coins from the top.
kaspabha

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:51:21 PM

I normally searching crypto news sites and follow tweets of experts. When I am trading, I normally waiting for 20% and sell.  But now I am more prefer to hold long term than trading.
oviudiu

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:54:45 PM

When I bought I planned to hold for several years, therefor my plan  is to stay away from daytrading. Yet, I made a major mistake with Ripple.
I bought a few months ago when it was 0.27 and I sold a few days ago when it was 1.80, but guess what, the price went up to 2.80... I was hoping to sell high and buy low in order to get more Ripple...
Lesson learned.
Yhan-yhan

Activity: 144

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:55:30 PM

Have a reason before entering each trade: Start a trade only when you know why you’re starting and have a clear strategy for afterwards.
Not all traders make gains from trading, since this is a zero-sum game (for everyone who benefits someone else loses on the other side).The Altcoins market is driven by large whales (yes, the same ones responsible for placing huge blocks of hundreds of Bitcoins on the order book). The whales are just waiting patiently for innocent little fish like us to make mistakes. Even if you aspire to trade on a daily basis, sometimes it is better not to earn and do nothing, instead of jumping into the rushing water and exposing your coins to losses. From my experience, there are days where you only keep your profits by not trading at all.
czhy20

Activity: 129
Merit: 3

bitrace® | JOIN NOW

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:00:04 PM

Buy low sell high, i think that's the main strategy for trading. Then anticipate the price, always get updated on the project that your crypto is used specially in altcoins, one single tweet may drastically affect the price. In times of loss, don't get depressed, sometimes it really comes. Just think positive that you can recover from it.

bitrace®
[ PRE-ICO | Jan 25th - Feb 25th ]
[    ICO    | Feb 25th - Mar 25th ] (http://bitrace-token.com)
lionheart89

Merit: 108

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:00:52 PM

my trading strategy is prefer to hold altcoin which i think is good coin with many considerations and after reaching profit 30%-60% i will sell it.
mikaeala15

Activity: 73

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:03:02 PM

practical steps to implement right away:
Fees, fees, fees: Multiple trade actions = More fees. It’s always advisable to post the command (maker) and not to buy from the order book (taker). In Poloniex exchange, the difference is 0.1% in favor of the maker. That’s quite a bit.
Traders with no pressure: Don’t start trading unless you have the optimal conditions to make the decision to start a trade and know when and how to get out of it. Pressure almost always creates losing trades. Wait for the next opportunity, you will get there.
Setting goals and placing sell orders: always set your goals by putting sell orders. You don’t know when a whale will pump your coin up to catch your command (and pay a reduced fee on the “maker” side, remember?)
A successful strategy regarding this is placing very low buy orders. About a week ago a crazy dump occurred, selling off Augor coin down to 25% of its value! After a short while the market recovered slightly and anyone who had low buy these low orders could easily double or triple their investment. Placing buy orders requires special care, don’t wake up when you’re far away from the market to find your buy order is suddenly higher than the current market price!

Buy the rumor, sell the news. When major news sites publish articles it is usually exactly the right time to actually get out of the trade.
You have made a good trade, but as always, the moment you sold your coin runs up again! First, meet this guy – Murphy’s Law. Secondly, read over what was written previously here and never enter position again under pressure. As long as there is profit – you are ok. Go on to your next trade and don’t find yourself losing it.
Leave your ego aside. The goal here is not to be right on your trades, but to make a profit. Do not waste resources (time and money) to try to prove that you should’ve been entering that trade. Remember, there is no trader who never loses, at least sometimes. The equation is simple – get the total profits to be higher than the total losses.
Aureliusy

Activity: 325

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:03:37 PM

ermmm don't. Just hold (>5 years) in what you actually believe. You might miss a train, but you cant have them all.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: