Bitcoin Forum
August 30, 2024, 06:16:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Your strategy in trading  (Read 2118 times)
gustaf.berg

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:04:09 PM

What is your strategy in trading? When you buy any alt coin how long do you hold and on what percentage you sell it?
I usually buy it, I hold it for three months, then I sell it at any price for three months, so I don't have to watch the price go up and down every day.

I hold only with 40% of my portfolio. Rest of it, I do day trading which means I do a lot of buy-sell and sel-buy by trying to buy cheaper and sell when it is expensive. I also do little bit arbitrage traidng if I need money urgently.
STIKS1911

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:07:07 PM

I choose promising coins at a low price and hold them. When the price grows at least 100%, I sell half, thus losing nothing, and the rest I hold on until this coin gives x3-x5!

globalcitizen

Activity: 476
Merit: 104

Decentralized global citizen and crypto-preneur

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:15:47 PM

I buy low and sell high. That's my number one strategy. The percentage I sell at doesn't matter much but I always make sure that my selling price is such that covers the commission charges and increase my portfolio by an appreciable percentage. May be with time I will develop a better and more profiting strategy.
kristensoto

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:28:51 PM

there are many strategies when i trade cryptocurrencies, but in general, the most effective way we can do is buy coin when its price is still low and sell when it reaches the peak, but there are many factors that can effect the price such as predictions, time, the control of big whales,.. that are varieties we can not easily get.

qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:30:59 PM

Strategy vary depending on type of investment, i think day trading is not good for crypto markets, we only have to find good entry point and we have to wait for that, random trading can be very risky in the crypto world.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:31:58 PM

I buy low and sell high. That's my number one strategy. The percentage I sell at doesn't matter much but I always make sure that my selling price is such that covers the commission charges and increase my portfolio by an appreciable percentage. May be with time I will develop a better and more profiting strategy.
That is the simplest strategy. This in my opinion requires a high level of patience because we have to wait until the right time when the coin price increases. But there is one effective way that any little movement in my opinion it should be utilized. Do not wait too long because it will actually make us lose momentum. It is better to get a little profit but the opportunity to get it is easy rather than having to wait long without any certainty to be able to make a profit. I am a simple person and I like the easy thing to do all the time.
K0korap

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 04:39:05 PM

Well first you need to choose the right alt coin to which you have a reasonable confidence. Then you can wait for a specific amount of time when to sell it. you can also do portion, which means that you sell some while you hold some of your coins.

Oumal

Activity: 542
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:20:31 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2018, 05:43:59 PM by Oumal

What is your strategy in trading? When you buy any alt coin how long do you hold and on what percentage you sell it?

At least 50% of the profits, then try to buy when prices are going down and going out in BTC. If less, it doesn't really make sense to trade.
minus_one_crypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:24:34 PM

It is enough for me to get 15-20 percent of the profit from each coin. I trade every day and do not leave the coin for long storage. For long-term storage, I have a separate portfolio that I do not keep on the exchange

cripto_fc

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:28:43 PM

i also think holding is the best option, but hold until when?
Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:55:22 PM

this is based on my own experience, all the altcoin I buy, honestly all the price goes up, it just takes a long time, and it's just the percentage increase each coin is different, for example its like ripple up from price 0.25$ up to 2.50$, it also depends heavily on luck. and I will hold the coin until it rises more or less in the price of 30%

influenze

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:01:03 PM

With a market going up every strategy work fine. More important seems to me what to do when the market going down?

I'm a newbie investing in crypto since end of november, i have around 75% in long investments and 25% for daytrading.
Long investment i put money in XRP, WAVES, STRAT and NEO, for daytrading i pick trending coins like ADA and TRX.
Meycell

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:02:52 PM

ussually i buy altcoins when down in 25% and more.. then i will take profit when altcoins going back up to 10%-20%
i do it everyday to get profit in daily
crytomusica

Activity: 101

Cointed. The Future of the Money

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:04:39 PM

my trading strategy is prefer to hold altcoin which i think is good coin with many considerations and after reaching profit 30%-60% i will sell it.

I have more sophisticated strategy I guess. Let me try to explain it! Let's say I have a coin that costs 1000usd total in my portfolio. Whenever it increases %50 I sell %20 of it. For example if value increases to 1500usd I cash out 300usd to spend and I would still have 1200usd in my portfolio. By using this strategy I made a lot of money in 2017.

proexcept

Activity: 308
Merit: 156

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:38:17 PM

Unfortunately I do not have a clear trading strategy yet. Because of this I often make mistakes and buy coins which go down. I hope that in the future I will be able to make the right choice much better))

⚫ ⚫ ⚫Make even more profit on crypto trading with secure automatic trading https://trade-mate.io⚫ ⚫ ⚫
oscarrsm

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:32:05 AM

I do not have a clear strategy. Sometimes the coin falls heavily, more than 30 percent of the purchase, but I do not want to sell it, because it's a good project. That's how I get the coins for the average investment term. Profit, too, is always different. Sometimes 10%, sometimes 50% turned out.
anshk

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:41:09 AM

Well first you need to choose the right alt coin to which you have a reasonable confidence. Then you can wait for a specific amount of time when to sell it. you can also do portion, which means that you sell some while you hold some of your coins.
dirgayeah

Activity: 868
Merit: 103

*Indonesian Professional Translator and BM*

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 01:47:43 AM

every people have their own strategy for trading.
someone can do a hit and run method , daily trade and monthly trade.
but for me I just do a Hit and run now. searching many reference and news from trusted crypto signal.
and if already find a coin to buy or sell I just do it.

EZ365TM        REVOLUTIONARY DIGITAL ASSET ECOSYSTEM 
WHITEPAPER INVESTOR pitch   |   Telegram   |  Twitter   |   Facebook   |
[   PLAY      TRADE      LEARN   ]
ucok_aball

Activity: 504
Merit: 107

👨‍👩‍👧‍&#

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:58:49 AM

actually for trading I use the usual way just like buying cheap at selling expensive but for example if I was stuck in a price that decreased and want to cut loss then I immediately tradingkan capital again to another coin ,,

ICOselector2018z

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:10:05 AM

It is extremely difficult to figure out the right strategy when it comes to the Crypto world. And to be able to do it right, it is absolutely vital to take experts help and to me this guy Michael at On-Chain is sensational! If I call him the BEST ICO Consultant, it will NOT be incorrect. He is truly a gem of a guy and even better guide. Just don’t miss him if you are serious on your career ahead.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: