Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:45:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Your strategy in trading  (Read 2081 times)
Cauchy

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:19:36 AM

Follow the trend, short in bear market and long in bull market. Mainly trade the top20 coins. Study charts and order books.
Cryptophorus Columbus

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 04:36:31 PM

I rely only on the technical analysis of the charts (of course, when there are some manipulative declarations from politicians I take them in consideration).
Btw, I saw that Elliot waves are the best tool in predicting the market movements.
alekscrypto3969

Activity: 61

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 04:43:01 PM

Depends on the Altcoin. Do they worth it? Are they going anywhere soon, what marketing they have, what APP, is it ready. How many people know about them and did they reached Hard Cap. Answer these questions and decide for yourself what you are going to do. You can sell 50% right away or wait few more months 4-5 and sell more or all of them. I think you should hold at least 10% for 2-3 years.
KalaiBTC

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:28:49 AM

It depends upon how long you want to hodl and sell. If you want to hodl for longer you will get more profit. It also depends upon your necessity. As for me, I have invested some in some altcoins, and am planning to hodl for quite one year. Thereafter I will see the market scenario and decide what to do afterward.   
In trading, you cannot hold your coins for a longer period of time. You have to go for selling of your coins soon at time when the market value of the coin starts going up and then again buying the similar coins at time when the market value drops down. This way you will be able to earn some good profit out of trading and this is the technique which I’m following for now in order to have some good profit.
jerrysmith

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:37:27 AM

Before invest any  coin, I have to know coin track record history at least a year before and the volume for today. After that, see where is the third top/ bottom price action to decides stop loss and take profit area. Start buy and hold, mostly 2 - 3 month and take profit. Just like that
jyotianand01

Activity: 980
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 06:40:42 AM

I am also doing trading but i buy good quality low priced stocks at dip and hold till the market start next up movement because after a sharp downfall a good upside always happen and that give me always good profit. Only long term holding in quality coins will give better returns rather then trading so i do both trading and holding.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   
WPPENERGY
.World Power Production.

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   

..INQUIRE..
━━━━━━━━
Matdog
Copper Member

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:00:59 AM

I am also doing trading but i buy good quality low priced stocks at dip and hold till the market start next up movement because after a sharp downfall a good upside always happen and that give me always good profit. Only long term holding in quality coins will give better returns rather then trading so i do both trading and holding.
I think the price is fundamental point. Of course, we can sell it higher than the price, when the price of the rise higher than that, I can have a good advantage ... ..
Klestr

Activity: 294
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:13:54 AM

Analysis! Any strategy is developed on the basis of analysis. First you need to analyze everything and then do it

drogba773

Activity: 294
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:26:23 AM

Being patient and waiting for market to go down amd then buy and wait
yubsep

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:40:45 AM

What is your strategy in trading? When you buy any alt coin how long do you hold and on what percentage you sell it?

There's no a specific strategy for me. It depends on my time, how much money i have and what is my target (Daily, Weekly or Monthly Profit).
If you don't know exactly what the status of crypto market is, hold for short/long term investment and don't confirm your lose by selling.
acheampong64

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:41:24 AM

What is your strategy in trading? When you buy any alt coin how long do you hold and on what percentage you sell it?
Trading is another awesome way of making money on crypto. Actually, almost regardless of the way you got your coin, you still trade it. Now, I trade by first of all identifying the coin I want. If you don't perform checks on the coin, you'll get scammed (happens when some group of people try to pump a coin, you go and buy in a hurry, and then they dump it on you, and that's the end for you). I also try to avoid greediness. Sometimes you have to sell off some profit you've made (say from 20% and above) and then continue with the rest. I also do not trade all my money in one coin. That is very good, because it is not advisable for anyone to invest all his money in one thing. Spread them throughout. And when I buy any altcoin, I hold on to as long as I can for it to reach about 20%+ more than when I bought it, or I can trade it a lower price but not cash it out, but rather use it to trade in an interesting coin to recover losses.
xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:52:34 AM

Well for me it depends on the coin For example I could use it in the future maybe like ETH I would buy some and maybe sell about 50% of it when I want to gain a profit ,
And just hold the remaining 50% for my personal use like Gas in sending Erc20 Tokens .

magicmeyk

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:08:51 AM

I only do short trade like when I buy an altcoin I will sell it with a profit of 2-5% per trade. It may be small but I am gaining profit surely.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:15:05 AM

I only do short trade like when I buy an altcoin I will sell it with a profit of 2-5% per trade. It may be small but I am gaining profit surely.
Do you already consider the fee before selling it? I think your strategy is good if you already less the exchange fee, that percentage of profits is already
acceptable especially if you have a big capital and you are always finding coins which moving positively in a daily basis of your trade, but its also risky and have a lots of things to understand before proceeding using this strategy.
onesalt

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:23:43 AM

I follow some profiles in tradingview, I try to analyse coins I follow and take action accordingly. There are some times that specific coins go up and down repeatitively, I try to catch them to increase the amount of those coins in my portfolio.
carrymentality

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:25:19 AM

I follow the ever used strategy of buy low and sell high. Although there is a lot more to it than just seeing in between its adjectives. To answer your question, I usually buy an coin after weeks of dumping, say about three weeks to a month, at least with that kind of movement, I know that I am not buying while its price is at its highest point. I usually hold, on the other hand, for about two to six months, depending on the my profit goal. Although I usually want around 30-50% profit margin depending on the movement of the coin, if the coin is not going up for some time, and then, it suddenly does, I am okay with gaining around 30% because waiting for more would be too much, at least with that gain, I can use that as capital in other investments that has more  chances for a better gain.
jmalkovich

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:39:42 AM

If the coin gets me a profit that is more than I expected ( like 50% in 24 hours) , I sell it all and buy a different and safe coin that did not increase at the past 24 hours. I minimize the risk as well as the possibility of the profit Smiley

retail.global

◣  FACEBOOK
◣  TWITTER
◣  TELEGRAM
◣  MEDIUM
GumboTrader

Activity: 29
Merit: 3

CIBUS FOOD Ecosystem

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:05:18 AM

The best thing to do is have a strategy. You really don’t want to miss out on cryptocurrency and block-chain technology. It’s not really about investing in coins. It’s more so do you believe that cryptocurrency and block-chain are the future.

I believe it’s the future! So for the next 3 years I will invest heavily into cryptocurrency and the technology behind it and also learn, learn, learn more about it. I will then wait to see how things are shaping out after 3 years. If cryptocurrency is not moving the way I truly believe it will move (to the moon), then I will move on to more traditional assets and investments but at least I am still in the cryptocurrency game.

So my advice is at least get in the game with a couple hundred bucks or grand. I am starting with 3k and won’t miss it a lick. I mean the risk is worth it to me. I really am big on cryptocurrency and the technology behind it. It’s like falling in love with the invent of computers back in 1960 or something. So don’t be scared to invest.

Put some money in, leave it and just see what happens because the upside is to promising. Don’t be that person that knew about cryptocurrency but never invested in it, please don’t! Life will be Hell and simply miserable for you, sorry. I’d rather throw a couple hundred dollars away now into cryptocurrency and it not work out as suppose to knowing a $300 investment today could have netted me $1 million R.O.I (return on investment)in the near future. As for me, I’m all the way in!

█▐  CIBUS FOOD ECOSYSTEM  ▐ █FOOD BLOCKCHAIN
▬▬▬▬ TOKEN SALE 28 FEB 2018 ▬▬▬▬ (https://cibus.world)
Wechsler
Copper Member

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 09:15:20 AM

Major hodler here. Sell 30% at 5-10x. Some coins I don't sell, even bounties.
AiwonOleh

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:26:21 AM

I stick to the strategy of keeping coins for a long period of time, but there are things that they do not apply to them and they need to be sold as soon as possible, since they simply lose their value and I lose my money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: