Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:08:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Owner gone AWOL] Website Preview: BITADS.NET. Now Pay-Per-Day!  (Read 33690 times)
BitVegas (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 07:21:05 AM

I have increased the bid increments. You now have to out-bid others by higher amounts.

When there is a new bid (ad changes), the image stays on the user cache, and doesn't show the new ad.
This will be addressed when I add javascript ad-boxes.
You can counter this on your own site by adding <?php echo "&".rand(0, getrandmax())); ?> to the end of the img src.

I was looking over the bids today and was wondering... when someone is outbid does it send them an email to let them know, or do they have to constantly keep watch of each site they are bidding on to see when someone else bids higher than them?
This is not set up yet but it is on the to-do list!

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 07:25:54 AM

Sounds good! Just so you know, there's a 10 BTC fee for each idea I come up with that's implemented, >=).

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
BitVegas (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 07:49:33 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2013, 09:31:04 AM by BitVegas

Sounds good! Just so you know, there's a 10 BTC fee for each idea I come up with that's implemented, >=).

That's ok I charge 11 BTC for each post in this thread Smiley.

Also, you do not have to watch 'each-site'. You just go to your bids page and it shows the status of every bid.

Fixed a bug with 'spent today' on the user bids page.

addi

Activity: 626
Merit: 500

https://satoshibet.com

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 01:50:46 PM

Great site man, keep it up! Smiley

BitVegas (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 03:57:29 PM

Added an easier way to increase you bid when you are outbid.

EDIT: Also fixed the "Your have" typo Smiley

addi

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 04:23:37 PM

Feature requests:

- Cookies for login, I have to login every time, even though "stay logged in" is checked.
- Something more permanent then the hourly bidding, I have to check multiple times per day if I'm not outbid and have to outbid again, its fine for a bit but i can't keep doing this. Also I'm not sure it seems once I outbid someone it instantly converts the banner to mine, isn't this supposed to happen per hour only?

BitVegas (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 04:28:09 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2013, 04:44:21 PM by BitVegas

Feature requests:

- Cookies for login, I have to login every time, even though "stay logged in" is checked.
- Something more permanent then the hourly bidding, I have to check multiple times per day if I'm not outbid and have to outbid again, its fine for a bit but i can't keep doing this. Also I'm not sure it seems once I outbid someone it instantly converts the banner to mine, isn't this supposed to happen per hour only?

That's weird cookies are working for me. I'll look into it. EDIT: The session checks for your IP. Is your IP changing? This could be why.

When you out-bid someone. You pay for the remaining time in the hour only, and the previous bidder is refunded for the remaining time in the hour. This way it can be instant.

I will be adding email notifications if you are out-bid on adspaces. If you have any other suggestions to keep you having to check all the time then please let me know.

Also, you are only charged what is needed to be paid to out-bid the user below you. So even if you set your max bid to 0.5 BTC, and the user below you has bid 0.0001 BTC, you will only be charged 0.000125 BTC (enough to out-bid him). So the idea is to set your bidding value to the highest you are willing to spend and not just to out-bid someone.

I do also have another idea for the bidding system. Which is similar to how reddit shows ads. Let me know what you think. I'm unsure if it's better or worse at this time.
Your ad will have a % chance of being shown, which is your total contribution to the adspace.
Example:
Bid A) 0.1
Bid B) 0.06
Bid C) 0.04

0.1 + 0.06 + 0.04 = 0.2

Bid A will be shown 50% of the time, Bid B 30% and Bid C 20%.

This way all bids are valid, you just pay for how much air time you want from the adspace. And even if you are out-bid your ad is not invalid, it just isn't being shown the most.

Just an idea at this point.

ingrownpocket
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 05:13:32 PM

I do also have another idea for the bidding system. Which is similar to how reddit shows ads. Let me know what you think. I'm unsure if it's better or worse at this time.
Your ad will have a % chance of being shown, which is your total contribution to the adspace.
Example:
Bid A) 0.1
Bid B) 0.06
Bid C) 0.04

0.1 + 0.06 + 0.04 = 0.2

Bid A will be shown 50% of the time, Bid B 30% and Bid C 20%.

This way all bids are valid, you just pay for how much air time you want from the adspace. And even if you are out-bid your ad is not invalid, it just isn't being shown the most.

Just an idea at this point.
I was writing a post with the exact same idea.
BitVegas (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 06:17:24 PM

Yeah. If everyone thinks this will work better I will start working on changing the system over.

addi

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 06:19:38 PM

As a customer I would like that a lot better

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2200

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 06:45:21 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2013, 10:28:40 PM by bitcoininformation

Just a quick idea, it would be nice to see how much you actually can withdraw in the Withdraw section. It is really annoying to scroll up, copy the balance, paste it and then reduce that amount with the network fee.

EDIT: It would also be nice if you could somehow see all the adspace a website has to offer.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 07:37:53 PM

Yeah. If everyone thinks this will work better I will start working on changing the system over.

I like this idea as well!

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
pisces1999

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:15:35 PM

Great site man, keep it up
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2200

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 10:29:08 PM

It might also be a good idea to have the ability to bit on a whole website.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
btcton
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 01:13:52 AM

Are we allowed to remove the "Your ad here, instantly! bitads.net" text?

The signature campaign posters adding useless redundant fluff to their posts to reach their minimum word count are lowering my IQ.
BitVegas (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 05:40:05 AM

Just a quick idea, it would be nice to see how much you actually can withdraw in the Withdraw section. It is really annoying to scroll up, copy the balance, paste it and then reduce that amount with the network fee.

EDIT: It would also be nice if you could somehow see all the adspace a website has to offer.
Both ideas added. Your balance is now on the withdraw page and the Buy Adspace page is grouped by website.

You do not have to deduct the 0.0001 fee. The website will do that from your withdrawal amount.

Are we allowed to remove the "Your ad here, instantly! bitads.net" text?
Sure! Edit the code to your liking.

It might also be a good idea to have the ability to bit on a whole website.
I have some plans for stuff like this in the future. You do know you do not need to make a new adspace for every page and you can reuse the adspace throughout your website? On bitvegas I only have one adspace but I show it on every page

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 06:10:29 AM

I really don't like the latest change with the sites being merged in to a drop-down listing. For example, on my site there are two ad blocks. It only shows one without going in to the drop-down, so nobody would even know that the second slot has a current bid of 0 unless they went through every site looking at all of their slots one by one. I like how it was before because you could easily order the slots based on their current bid price.

BitVegas (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 06:48:42 AM

I really don't like the latest change with the sites being merged in to a drop-down listing. For example, on my site there are two ad blocks. It only shows one without going in to the drop-down, so nobody would even know that the second slot has a current bid of 0 unless they went through every site looking at all of their slots one by one. I like how it was before because you could easily order the slots based on their current bid price.

No problem. I now made it an optional setting to group by website (default off).

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 06:54:49 AM

No problem. I now made it an optional setting to group by website (default off).

That was fast! Change the text from "group by website" to "group by domain" though. Sounds more elegant.

BitVegas (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 07:03:34 AM

That was fast! Change the text from "group by website" to "group by domain" though. Sounds more elegant.

Ok Smiley. I made it look a little better too

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: