Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:11:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Japan’s economy could get a boost in 2018 from bitcoin  (Read 215 times)
emmmmm

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:09:33 AM

With the rise of bitcoin, it is possible that Japan will gradually become the third largest economy, which is entirely possible because the people of Japan are already smart.

cloud.runner

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:39:55 AM

Japan is the only main country which actively support Bitcoin. It should invest much and has a roadmap about Bitcoin.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:12:49 AM

The fact that Japan is getting rich from the introduction of the crypto currency into its economy and will increase its domestic gross increase in the country's output by 0.3 percent is very good for the popularization of crypto-currencies around the world and is a good example for other countries. Until this time it was difficult to say how the crypto currency really affects the economy of the country, which it uses so massively. Such information will have a very positive effect on the distribution of crypto currency throughout the world and will be a good weapon in the fight against opponents of the crypto currency.
Wyne

Activity: 531
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:33:40 AM

New York: Bitcoin’s about to boost the world’s third-largest economy, according to analysts at Nomura.

The digital coin’s 1,500% rally this year has left crypto-crazed Japanese investors likely sitting on hefty gains that Nomura thinks will spur consumer spending.

“Rises in asset values often result in a rise in consumer spending, too, known as the wealth effect,” the team, led by Yoshiyuki Suimon, wrote on Friday. “We estimate the wealth effect from unrealized gains on bitcoin trading by Japanese investors since the start of fiscal year 2017, and estimate a potential boost to consumer spending of 23.2-96.0 billion yen.”

The note points out that trading volume in the bitcoin market is roughly 40% yen, which is larger than even the US dollar’s share.

Bitcoin has fallen about 25% since closing in on $20,000 on 18 December, trading around $14,500 in New York on Friday afternoon.

Still, Nomura is confident that the share of investors who have benefited is much larger than those who may have lost money due to the recent decline.

“Moreover, the fact that the rise in bitcoin prices was concentrated in 2017 fourth quarter could result in the wealth effect materializing in 2018 first quarter, and if that is the case, we estimate a potential boost to real GDP growth on an annualized quarter over quarter basis of up to about 0.3 percentage points,” Nomura said. Bloomberg

http://www.livemint.com/Money/jAw6xJbZCXvNzDkde2oShN/Japans-economy-could-get-a-boost-in-2018-from-bitcoin.html
Yes, I agree with Nomura.  Even bitcoin decreases its value by the last quarter of December, still it is a fact that many people gain more earnings than its lost from bitcoin that bitcoiners  experienced and benefited.  The good thing about Japanese people are they do not lost faith on bitcoin instead they keep their confidence and still believe on it.  I am hoping that the potential boost in economy and bitcoin will be materialized in the first quarter of 2018 as what Namura stated. 
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:14:37 AM

The fact that Japan is getting rich from the introduction of the crypto currency into its economy and will increase its domestic gross increase in the country's output by 0.3 percent is very good for the popularization of crypto-currencies around the world and is a good example for other countries. Until this time it was difficult to say how the crypto currency really affects the economy of the country, which it uses so massively. Such information will have a very positive effect on the distribution of crypto currency throughout the world and will be a good weapon in the fight against opponents of the crypto currency.

For popularity it is good. How ever many dont want to get involved just yet, cuz probably they think that Japan made mistake but I think they made right move in right time. Japan is always ahead of time in everything and they dont fear of technological set backs. For me they will probably be leading country in economy in let say 5 years and they could say that bitcoin made them be top economical country in the world.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

amaydel

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:35:40 AM

Usually the country with a large economy are often the country that embrace in new technology, like the blockchain. How i wish this could be an eye-opener to other countries who are in the move of banning bitcoin than embracing it. Good for Japanese that they are open-minded about the blockchain technology. As a result, their economy will be getting more bigger this year.

D O M I N I U M      │    PRE-ITO WHITELIST is OPEN   [ REGISTER NOW ]    │        WHITEPAPER 
Decentralised, regulated, property financing, property listing and property management platform
♦     ANN THREAD     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     YOUTUBE     MEDIUM     LINKEDIN     INSTAGRAM     ♦
shinjunobi09

Activity: 126
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:39:22 AM

Yup especially now that the volume of demand is going to increase because now some company in japan are paying their employees through bitcoin and besides japan is very much open in welcoming to new technological made that can help the people lives be much more comfortable.

Mirugame_

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:52:59 AM

Economically speaking Japan remains in top on the global stage, and because of the demographic trends threatening to shrink its workforce significantly in the years ahead, I think they are making the right decisions about integrating cryptocurrency in its economy.
sandwichman1

Activity: 62
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:55:12 AM

why is he interested in bitcoin only now?
Visbay

Activity: 1236
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:15:14 PM

With the rise of bitcoin, it is possible that Japan will gradually become the third largest economy, which is entirely possible because the people of Japan are already smart.
I think japan is the first country who is using bitcoin in a very high quantity and its users are also very high from everywhere bitcoin is also teaching in schools and in some companies staff are receiving their salaries in bitcoin so there where you want to use bitcoin in japan you can use it because bitcoin is very popular in Japan and its accepted in many banks in japan so there is no doubt that in 2018 japan economy will boost.
spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:18:20 PM

I like the way how Japan is handling new technologies and adopting bitcoin.
Other countries should follow them and do the same thing they did, bitcoin can help economy a lot. I am not quite sure why big countries don't see that.
GoldMen

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:32:37 AM

I like the way how Japan is handling new technologies and adopting bitcoin.
Other countries should follow them and do the same thing they did, bitcoin can help economy a lot. I am not quite sure why big countries don't see that.

they are doing it, not only is Japan opening its eyes. The whole world is happy with this new era and sees itself with the demands until the day
naily

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:45:24 AM

New York: Bitcoin’s about to boost the world’s third-largest economy, according to analysts at Nomura.

The digital coin’s 1,500% rally this year has left crypto-crazed Japanese investors likely sitting on hefty gains that Nomura thinks will spur consumer spending.

“Rises in asset values often result in a rise in consumer spending, too, known as the wealth effect,” the team, led by Yoshiyuki Suimon, wrote on Friday. “We estimate the wealth effect from unrealized gains on bitcoin trading by Japanese investors since the start of fiscal year 2017, and estimate a potential boost to consumer spending of 23.2-96.0 billion yen.”

The note points out that trading volume in the bitcoin market is roughly 40% yen, which is larger than even the US dollar’s share.

Bitcoin has fallen about 25% since closing in on $20,000 on 18 December, trading around $14,500 in New York on Friday afternoon.

Still, Nomura is confident that the share of investors who have benefited is much larger than those who may have lost money due to the recent decline.

“Moreover, the fact that the rise in bitcoin prices was concentrated in 2017 fourth quarter could result in the wealth effect materializing in 2018 first quarter, and if that is the case, we estimate a potential boost to real GDP growth on an annualized quarter over quarter basis of up to about 0.3 percentage points,” Nomura said. Bloomberg

http://www.livemint.com/Money/jAw6xJbZCXvNzDkde2oShN/Japans-economy-could-get-a-boost-in-2018-from-bitcoin.html

because japan has legalized this crypto currency and their country already support bitcoin, and finally can increase financial of japan society, and turn over transaction grow in its country, i hope this become example of other countries
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2018, 06:52:18 AM

And if this goes smoothly and effectively the best thing we can have is that a lot of countries can look up to Kapan and use it as a blueprint for their economy to have a boost or to even enjoy the profits that cryptocurrencies can offer for a new age

mustakforum

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 06:54:43 AM

Because Japan has been trying to make Bitcoin a part of their economic growth and economic culture.
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 08:04:45 AM

Any economy with surplus of good investors over bad ones can profit from exchange markets (stock market, Forex, crypto market....). However, only if they keep investing the extra money back into the economy of that particular country and if the taxation is properly regulated.

I wrote in another thread that for me the taxation of earnings in crypto market doesn't feel right, but I may be inclined to change my mind. You have to understand that my country is not doing anything good with the money they receive from taxes and hence my scepticism.

The economy of Japan wouldn't be so strong as it is if it wasn't regulated well, if their Government and main investors weren't investing in strategic places and if they didn't have a good short, mid and long term planning. Hence I also believe they have a good plan on how to use Bitcoin (or altcoins) to regulate the money supply and have other benefits, not just those coming from a profit from the rise of the market (which would be dangerous as the market could crash).

You have to understand though that if you make a profit on exchanges it means someone else had a loss. So unless new Bitcoins were created it wouldn't increase the, let's call it a "world profit". But that is the story for another thread maybe.

kiki52

Activity: 54

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:00:54 AM

yah. i think japan will get the major for any country how cryptocurrency got regulated in japan. we hope many country will follow japan in digital currency. because cryptocurrency can make a big impact for economy.
keykey1

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:55:04 AM

A great help in this explosive growth of the economy was rendered also by Ripple. I'm sure the successful experience of Ripple developers will be extended to other countries. We'll see how cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin and Ripple support economic growth.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: