Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:20:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie Question - Which Wallet?  (Read 168 times)
TheHippy (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 02:40:09 PM

Aft'noon all,
Recently purchased LTC that I've moved to Exodus.  I have a few Ripple XRP in Cryptonator, but since discovering they CHARGE 20 XRP JUST to put into their wallet, I'm more than a little annoyed because, they say there is STILL 20 XRP in my account, I just cannot see it ... I won't get it back either!  Where do you store your XRP please?  I'm also about to buy a Nano S to store all my coins.

Thanks,

Ange
x
Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 03:07:52 PM

coinbase now supports ripple and so you can store your ripple there.But i'm glad you want to buy a ledger nano S,that's your best bet if you want to be safe from all forms of hacks and sleep comfortably too.lol.But for now you can try coinbase wallet.

RNGfight

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:10:59 PM

XRP seems to have to pay this 20XRP for a new account, but I can't find the 20XRP, but I can't solve it. Embarrassed

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
CryptoRama

Activity: 453
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:23:46 PM

Aft'noon all,
Recently purchased LTC that I've moved to Exodus.  I have a few Ripple XRP in Cryptonator, but since discovering they CHARGE 20 XRP JUST to put into their wallet, I'm more than a little annoyed because, they say there is STILL 20 XRP in my account, I just cannot see it ... I won't get it back either!  Where do you store your XRP please?  I'm also about to buy a Nano S to store all my coins.

Thanks,

Ange
x

I use hardwallet nano s, it's the best, eazy and safe use...  You should beware of things like that, because you cannot have all your wealth on sites than can stop operating over night... Sites like exchanges, and other where you can store, cryptocurrencyes... Use your own wallets and private keys...

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
STIKS1911

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:25:55 PM

I would advise you to purchase a Cryptocurrency hardware wallet Ledger Nano S! This will be the safest deposit for your crypto currency. This is much safer than browser wallets. With Ledger Nano S, secrets like private keys are never exposed: sensitive transactions are isolated inside your hardware wallet within a state-of-the-art Secure Element, locked by a PIN code. Transactions can not get tampered with, they are physically verified on the embedded screen with a simple press of a button.When investing in the crypto currency, the most important thing is security!

TheHippy (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:36:51 PM

Thanks everyone for responding.  I do have the Exodus wallet address, Coinbase wallet address and transaction code (from Coinbase when I moved it to Exodus) safely in 'paper wallet' - so if (hope not!!) Exodus or coinbase died and I could no longer gain access, would the codes not be sufficient to retrieve my coins?  Incidentally, I don't think Coinbase does support XRP,

Ange
crytomusica

Activity: 101

Cointed. The Future of the Money

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:00:04 PM

I would advise you to purchase a Cryptocurrency hardware wallet Ledger Nano S! This will be the safest deposit for your crypto currency. This is much safer than browser wallets. With Ledger Nano S, secrets like private keys are never exposed: sensitive transactions are isolated inside your hardware wallet within a state-of-the-art Secure Element, locked by a PIN code. Transactions can not get tampered with, they are physically verified on the embedded screen with a simple press of a button.When investing in the crypto currency, the most important thing is security!

I also think Ledger Nano S is the best. I have started with myetherwallet a year ago because most of my portfolio consists of the erc20 tokens. That's why it was user friendly to use mew. After having some income, I wanted to make it more secure and I bought ledger nano s which I'm using it combined with mew.

blozo

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 06:10:42 PM

Hardware wallets like the ledger nano S are the best and safest option (with a cost of around 70$)

qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:17:26 PM

I think if you can get a nano ledger that will be the best option if you intend to hold your coins for long term.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
mysacrifice

Activity: 364
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:32:33 PM

Aft'noon all,

Thanks,

Ange
x

I use hardwallet nano s, it's the best, eazy and safe use...  You should beware of things like that, because you cannot have all your wealth on sites than can stop operating over night... Sites like exchanges, and other where you can store, cryptocurrencyes... Use your own wallets and private keys...

I also user nano s which make me feel really safe and secure. I was using mostly myetherwallet but after I've heard that some of my friend's wallet was hacked I wanted to make it more secure and I bought ledger nano s. It is relatively cheap comparing to how valuable it is.
TheHippy (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 09:28:30 PM

Well thanks all for your input on this.  Will have to be a Nano S then, won't it!  So - are they un-hackable? When attached to your Laptop for example?

CryptoRama

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 02:57:58 PM

Well thanks all for your input on this.  Will have to be a Nano S then, won't it!  So - are they un-hackable? When attached to your Laptop for example?

Well nothing is unhackable, you should watch out who you tell about this in your life and also be sure to use right apps on computer, but it's still almost impossible to hack if only you use wallet and disconnect it when you are done, because in that way hackers need your passphares to even enter in your wallet. Hackers are tricky, if you are the target nothing is impossible for them. The only way to really get passphrases is to involve yourself into that persons life.. Or be stupid and have passphrases all over on your computer/phone.... Or quantum computers that are searching and cracking wallets... But with that computer cannot be targeted because they search everything...

| INVECH |
adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 04:35:53 AM

I use myetherwallet for my Ethereum and I use blockchain.info for my bitcoin.
Although I am planning on changing from blockchain because of their transaction fees. The are too high!  Sad

Anita1873

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 05:23:35 AM

You have not mention that you hold which coins but if you have ERC20 tokens and coins then myetherwallet is best option to store your coins and if you have Bitcoin then you can use trustworthy blockchain.info.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
valnd

Merit: 11

Until the end of time

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 05:30:13 AM

Well I store my tokens on paperless wallet but i am considering buying  hardwallet nano s on ebay and soon i will do that
that is the safest way to store your tokens and be rest assured that you are safe. using paperless wallet like MEW is good as well
but it's short comings is that you can be targeted by hacked and got hacked. So if you can get  hardwallet nano s it will be best for u.
CryptoRama

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:21:30 AM

For a start is OK, to have on at least 2 exchanges some, and when you start to accumulate some wealth, then you should buy ledger wallet nano s, Or any type of ledger wallet, because of it's safe use and safekeeping(nano s supports other currencyes too). I don't recommend that you hold coins on exchanges, you should have your own wallets, for instance, what could happen if you hold coins on other sites, like exchanges, gambling, etc... https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2017/12/07/bitcoin-exchange-nicehash-robbed-of-64-million-from-its-wallet/

You should really get ledger Cheesy

| INVECH |
Tonstar

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:32:15 AM

I know one project - e-Chat, that developed super security crypto messenger with build-in multicurrency (both fiat and crypto) wallet with minimal commissions, and also blog platform..
Treasurer

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:34:12 AM

I also use myetherwallet and Mycelium for my bitcoin. They were once recommended to me, now I recommend to you
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:36:26 AM

The best and easy way to store ripple and other altcoins as well as bitcoin is coinpayments.net. It charges less fee on transfering your coins and also doesn't require you to have minimum 20 ripple like othes ask you as a security deposit. Coinpayments suppor more than 140 cryptocyrrencies with 2FA.
Your coins are secure enough with coinpayments, you can find their official link in my signature
nsasuiteb

BAILOUT

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:38:23 AM

I was stroring my ripple in poloniex but it is very risky. The best option is ledger to store ripple. Get yourself a ledger nano s, you can store other coins as well, it is very secure.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: