Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:37:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie question about dedicated server for creating Altcoin  (Read 96 times)
Cryptobel-NL (OP)

Activity: 344
Merit: 1

Creative Creator

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 03:27:23 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2018, 03:20:15 AM by Cryptobel-NL

Beautiful people!

I'm getting ready to start a new coin. This coin won't be for any commercial purposes but for a internal payment system for our young film organisation. The idea is very good, but to see if it will work as we want, I want to experiment with creating altcoins. Especially since we have absolutely no experience with creating our own currency.

Basically I got all the information I need, but I could only find limited information about the dedicated server for the seed nodes. I only found out that there should be a minimum of 2GB RAM. My question therefore is: what are the other specs I need to keep in my for buying my server space. And since I wanna experience some with the coins and maybe create (multiple) test coins to see how it works out: is it possible to host multiple coins on one (bigger) server or should I rent multiple servers?

I hope my question is clear and complete. If someone can awnser it for me or link me with a post that I overlooked, I would be grateful. I'm still a newbie so I would love to learn.

Thanks in advance and enjoy 2018 to the maximum!

*update: we prefer to work with a PoS system.

◼◼ The Future of Payroll
◼ Make Every Day Payday (http://workchain.io)
exadex.org

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 03:33:38 PM

I recommend to create a token on the Waves blockchain. This is very easy and costs 1 Wave (about 12$). No server is needed.

Cryptobel-NL (OP)

Creative Creator

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 01:37:38 AM

I recommend to create a token on the Waves blockchain. This is very easy and costs 1 Wave (about 12$). No server is needed.

Thank you very much for the input, am looking into it right now. Is it possible to implement a POS system in such a token?

◼◼ The Future of Payroll
exadex.org

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 02:06:08 PM

I'm not sure. It should be possible, but may be difficult. I hope someone with some waves token skills reads this thread. Grin

allanr

Activity: 345
Merit: 114

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 02:11:06 PM

Create token in ethereum platform instead, PoS is possible to do. And in my personal opinion its much more easy.
pedropendukot

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:17:36 PM

I couldnt disagree waves platform is better than ethereum.Creating a coin isnt an easy task,but i wish your luck with your experiment.

Cryptobel-NL (OP)

Creative Creator

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 03:14:23 AM

Create token in ethereum platform instead, PoS is possible to do. And in my personal opinion its much more easy.

I've been looking into the smart contracts and the already exicsting POStoken on the Ethereum platform. See if their source code can help me. Thank you very much for the heads up.

◼◼ The Future of Payroll
Cryptobel-NL (OP)

Creative Creator

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 03:22:30 AM

I couldnt disagree waves platform is better than ethereum.Creating a coin isnt an easy task,but i wish your luck with your experiment.

Thanks a lot for your input. I haven't been able to find a possibility to combine it with a POS system (which we would prefer) on the WAVES platform. Only on Ethereum. So basically I guess I will have to do with the Ethereum, but I'm not in a rush so we'll see how the market develops in the upcoming period. What makes the Waves platform better in your opinion?

◼◼ The Future of Payroll
Cryptobel-NL (OP)

Creative Creator

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 03:35:25 AM

I'm not sure. It should be possible, but may be difficult. I hope someone with some waves token skills reads this thread. Grin

Haha, I hope for it too, right now I only found the option of PoS token on Ethereum so gotta check.

◼◼ The Future of Payroll
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: