Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:18:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Asrock h110 pro btc+ recognize only 7 gpu  (Read 874 times)
rajsenthil (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 03:31:46 PM

Hello, the mobo asrock h110 pro btc+ accepts maximum of 13 gpus and people were successful with 12 gpus.
But I cannot make the 8th gpu to get recognized under Windows 10 or Ubuntu 16.04.
Only 7 maximum it get recognize. I swapped with power connectors and the pci-e slot and only the first 7 (1 is closer to the cpu) always gets recognized.
As in the ]link, under the bios, there is only 7 pci-e is shown.
I am using PSU with 1200 watts and it has enough power to run 8 GPUs. Also tried secondary PSU(850 watts) and connecting just that 8th gpu.
In both the cases, the fan spins, lights on but it gets unnoticed.
I am using gpuz and windows device manager and there are only 7 listed.

It looks like there could be some bios settings that limits to only 7 gpus but not sure though. Played around with bios settings and cleared the CMOS with battery reset but did not help.
Anyone faced such issue? Please let me know.

Thanks
VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:36:04 PM

You're in the wrong section, this area is for Bitcoin only and GPUs have been obsolete for direct mining of BTC for years.  Repost/move this to the Altcoin section.

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
Mike_Samialis

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:08:15 PM

Having the exact same problem.

My setup is :

Asrock H110 Pro btc+
8g Ram (2x 4g dimms)
Pentium 4560
10x XFX R580's
3x 850w PSU (platinum)

For now i have only connected 7 cards using 2 psu's. Im waiting for a cable to connect all 10 cards and the 3rd psu.

I setup windows and installed the wrong drivers first. So had to use DDU and reinstall the AMD crimson pack. Now gpu-z and windows device manager sees 6 cards.
I did a bios update but that didnt change anything.
Also when i have my display connected to one of the 580's i CANNOT access bios setting.
If i disconnect all cards and use onboard graphics i can access bios but i get the same picture as the OP posted. Only 7 pciE showing in bios.

what gives?

btw using 6x cards with modded bios and AMD mining drivers gives me 30Mh/s on claymore mining Ethereum but i have 10x cards and i need to use them all.

thanks for any help..much appreciated!
motoprose

Activity: 195
Merit: 41

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 08:08:42 PM

They need to come out with the latest firmware release from what I remember last time I checked into to see how many cards can be enabled on a single mobo.
Either this one or the one Asus released with 19 gpus at once.
They can not get it past 7 or 8 cards without that firmwire update they have promised to release for months now so to enable this vital selling point of what these motherboards were made to do.
Bakhtra

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:19:41 AM

My setup is :

Asrock H110 Pro btc+
8g Ram (2x 4g dimms)
Pentium 4560
10x XFX R580's
3x 850w PSU (platinum)

For now i have only connected 7 cards using 2 psu's. Im waiting for a cable to connect all 10 cards and the 3rd psu.

I setup windows and installed the wrong drivers first. So had to use DDU and reinstall the AMD crimson pack. Now gpu-z and windows device manager sees 6 cards.
Also when i have my display connected to one of the 580's i CANNOT access bios setting.
If i disconnect all cards and use onboard graphics i can access bios but i get the same picture as the OP posted. Only 7 pciE showing in bios.

what gives?

btw using 6x cards with modded bios and AMD mining drivers gives me 30Mh/s on claymore mining Ethereum but i have 10x cards and i need to use them all.

You need to use Windows 10 1709 (Fall Creator Update) and 17.11.4 AMD Drivers and don"t forget to change mode to COMPUTE for all GPU.
rajsenthil (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:15:49 PM

My setup is :

Asrock H110 Pro btc+
8g Ram (2x 4g dimms)
Pentium 4560
10x XFX R580's
3x 850w PSU (platinum)

what gives?

I too have have the similar setup as yours. I sent an email to the asrock tech support through their website. Hope to get some response.
rajsenthil (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:23:19 PM

They need to come out with the latest firmware release from what I remember last time I checked into to see how many cards can be enabled on a single mobo.
They can not get it past 7 or 8 cards without that firmwire update they have promised to release for months now so to enable this vital selling point of what these motherboards were made to do.
Hi motoprose, would be able to see which mobo it is for? There is a BIOS upgrade posted on website but suggest not to do that.
I have asked the asrock tech support mentioning this problem. Hope to find some reply from them.
motoprose

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:15:05 PM

Hi motoprose, would be able to see which mobo it is for? There is a BIOS upgrade posted on website but suggest not to do that.
I have asked the asrock tech support mentioning this problem. Hope to find some reply from them.
My bad.
It was for the asus boards.
Here is what they said on their website for their mobo that does not get past 8gpus without the update to their latest firmware:
B250 Mining Expert currently supports a total of up to eight NVIDIA and AMD GPUs. An unlimited number of GPUs will be supported following a driver update that is planned for Q4 2017.
Sledge0001

Activity: 592
Merit: 151

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 10:03:13 AM

Make sure all of your PCI slots are set to Gen 1 in the BIOS.

Windows 10 1709 Creators or above may help.

Use the same power supply to feed the 2 molex plugs near the PCI-e slots on the motherboard. These MUST be supplied powered on that board.

Start with filling all of the black PCI-e slots first then move to filling the white ones.

Test with different risers as well to make sure you don't have a faulty riser.

I also recommend making sure that the riser and the video card are also fed off the same power supply!

Hope this helps!

percy_tc

Activity: 583
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:16:27 AM

Start with filling all of the black PCI-e slots first then move to filling the white ones.

Hmm interesting.  On Asrock website they advise to put first vga into full slot. Than start from the closest to CPU and follow in order.

For me it is worked well.
Bakhtra

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 10:19:07 AM

Hmm interesting.  On Asrock website they advise to put first vga into full slot. Than start from the closest to CPU and follow in order.

I just add vga at random slot, and install all of it together (12 vga max).
Sledge0001

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 10:22:01 AM

This was advised by an Asrock tech. It worked for me Smiley I did however have the full slot filled first as well.
rajsenthil (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:21:02 PM

This was advised by an Asrock tech. It worked for me Smiley I did however have the full slot filled first as well.

Thanks for the post. I am going to try this all again and check. There is CD came with the mobo, I did not used it so far.
Does the CD needs to installed prior to usage? Please confirm.
Bakhtra

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:25:26 PM

Thanks for the post. I am going to try this all again and check. There is CD came with the mobo, I did not used it so far.
Does the CD needs to installed prior to usage? Please confirm.
I never use any of those mb cd, just update windows till no update, then make image for backup/clone later and only need once install windows, all other rigs are using that clone.
motoprose

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:17:52 PM

Is this board better than the Asus B350 19 gPU motherboards?

I was just about to pull the trigger on one that was selling for $325 on ebay just this afternoon.
They are had to find online but newegg has them for half that price but always out of stock. Undecided
Sledge0001

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 02:17:48 AM

I was just about to pull the trigger on one that was selling for $325 on ebay just this afternoon.
They are had to find online but newegg has them for half that price but always out of stock. Undecided

They are incredibly easy to get running. Check Ali Express. Most of them come without a Battery so in the 10-15 day waiting for it to arrive go buy one!
motoprose

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:59:24 PM

They are incredibly easy to get running. Check Ali Express. Most of them come without a Battery so in the 10-15 day waiting for it to arrive go buy one!
Which? The Asus B250 mining experts?

Aliexpress you are not sure if they are Chinese knock-offs especially coming from China.
You can see a lot of them showing up on ebay for half the price of them from Chinese sellers.
So you know they are not true Asus branded boards.

If they are not then show the link you are referring to please.
Sledge0001

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 09:01:19 PM

Which? The Asus B250 mining experts?

Aliexpress you are not sure if they are Chinese knock-offs especially coming from China.
You can see a lot of them showing up on ebay for half the price of them from Chinese sellers.
So you know they are not true Asus branded boards.

If they are not then show the link you are referring to please.

I have ordered several from this guy. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100-New-in-BOX-ASRock-Technology-H110-PRO-BTC-H110-mining-board-support-13-graphics-card/32828771910.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.WMZ6Rw  This motherboard is the exact same one that I got way back from Newegg just minus the battery.
rajsenthil (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:14:37 AM

I have tried today for the whole day today and unable to make anything more than 7 GPU recognizable either in Ubuntu16.04/Windows10.
 Angry
Bakhtra

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:33:40 AM

I have tried today for the whole day today and unable to make anything more than 7 GPU recognizable either in Ubuntu16.04/Windows10.
 Angry
What version of windows? And what driver?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: