Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:49:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UnitedBitcoin (UBTC) and Trezor  (Read 119 times)
Paul85 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:17:00 PM

Hello. I have a Trezor device where I store my BTC. So I would like to ask you what i need to do for UBTC claiming. Do I have sent all my bitcoin out of Trezor and then back? Or is enough to sent all my bitcoin from my Trezor to my new address in the same Trezor? Or nothing from these is not necessary and I will get UBTC automatically without any action?

In letter from UBTC team a few days ago is this:
Both the Bitcoin and UB community have provided extremely helpful feedback. The UB team is committed to the community, so comments are welcomed and encouraged. One area the community made clear needed to be addressed was the claiming process. Due to this feedback, The UB team has changed the process. Bitcoin holders are not required to send Bitcoin from address A to address A or provide a TXID to prove ownership. This will simplify the user experience. Users who have already completed the previous process and have provided TXIDs will be contacted by email with further details.

And on their webpage is this:
During phase 2, an amount of UBTC, equal to the balance at Bitcoin block 498,777, will be distributed at a 1:1 ratio to eligible addresses that satisfy the following conditions.

(1) did not receive UBTC in the first round; and

(2) had a Bitcoin balance at block 498,777 (approximately UTC +0 midnight 12th December 2017)higher than 0.01 BTC; and

(3) had activity (outgoing) between block 494,000 and 502,300 (around 12th November 2017 to 3rd January 2018);

I am not sure what exacly number 3 means for Trezor users. Thanks for advices Smiley

cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:33:54 PM

Hello. I have a Trezor device where I store my BTC. So I would like to ask you what i need to do for UBTC claiming. Do I have sent all my bitcoin out of Trezor and then back? Or is enough to sent all my bitcoin from my Trezor to my new address in the same Trezor? Or nothing from these is not necessary and I will get UBTC automatically without any action?

In letter from UBTC team a few days ago is this:
Both the Bitcoin and UB community have provided extremely helpful feedback. The UB team is committed to the community, so comments are welcomed and encouraged. One area the community made clear needed to be addressed was the claiming process. Due to this feedback, The UB team has changed the process. Bitcoin holders are not required to send Bitcoin from address A to address A or provide a TXID to prove ownership. This will simplify the user experience. Users who have already completed the previous process and have provided TXIDs will be contacted by email with further details.

And on their webpage is this:
During phase 2, an amount of UBTC, equal to the balance at Bitcoin block 498,777, will be distributed at a 1:1 ratio to eligible addresses that satisfy the following conditions.

(1) did not receive UBTC in the first round; and

(2) had a Bitcoin balance at block 498,777 (approximately UTC +0 midnight 12th December 2017)higher than 0.01 BTC; and

(3) had activity (outgoing) between block 494,000 and 502,300 (around 12th November 2017 to 3rd January 2018);

I am not sure what exacly number 3 means for Trezor users. Thanks for advices Smiley

I doubt Trezor will officially support this fork. In general I think Trezor, if they want to remain a serious company and a serious hardware storage solution, should stop supporting anything but BTC.

In any case, I would go with the usual routine to access forkcoins:

1) Download the official software for the forkcoin (so in this UBTC's wallet)
2) Empty your BTC wallet by moving it into another BTC addresses
3) Import the (now empty) wallet into the UBTC wallet
4) Open the UBTC wallet and after syncing the wallet you should see your UBTC coins there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: