Bitcoin Forum
July 27, 2024, 10:25:18 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Common Sense Question - Maximum BTC You'd Store in One Electrum Wallet?  (Read 1025 times)
btcbot (OP)

Activity: 151
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 11:30:45 AM

Just curious... I've got an offline Electrum wallet, never been online, and I'm stashing my ASICMiner divs there.  What would be the max safe amount to store in one wallet?   Cool

I'm extremely impressed with the security and I'm wondering if it should be a concern at all if I keep it offline. 

Don't tip me... tip the Riseup folks who protect activists around the world.
btcbot (OP)

Activity: 151
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 09:02:53 AM

Really, I'm just looking for something like, "Well, I don't know if I'd keep over 100 BTC in any one place, just like I wouldn't keep $10,000 cash in any one place!"    Cheesy

The truth is I think offline Electrum wallets might be safer than cash...

Don't tip me... tip the Riseup folks who protect activists around the world.
Tachikoma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2013, 12:10:44 PM

An offline wallet is probably one of the safest methods you can possibly use. You could spread the risk around by having multiple offline wallets on separate devices but that might be too much overhead device wise. 

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: