Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:02:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think alts will be anonymous for long?  (Read 132 times)
orkoso (OP)

Activity: 276
Merit: 23

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:25:33 PM

I am not saying private, I am just saying if you think that the goverments are going to allow us to keep cryptocurrencies without having to notify it to the revenue services.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CaptainLorca

Activity: 264
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:27:10 PM

I am not saying private, I am just saying if you think that the goverments are going to allow us to keep cryptocurrencies without having to notify it to the revenue services.

As long as they can't control it, they can't really forbid it... putting a law on it, yeah.. But that must not mean that you have to stop dealing with cryptos.

◣   Stake.com   ◥
«  Stake 2 - Play Smarter  »
12+ Gamemodes  |  Provably Fair  |   Daily Giveaways
CryptoYYZ

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 05:29:21 PM

Most governments already have wording in the tax code to report earnings from other sources like cryptocurrencies.  You can "choose" to not report and use strategies to hide income but use at your own caution as the governments always play catch up and could find out years later and audit you.  Look at all the offshore accounts in tax havens that WIKI leaks exposed putting hundreds of people in the spotlight.

I like sleeping at night, so if I make it big in crypto I'd just report my earnings and keep it legit Cheesy
unsquidly

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:58:19 PM

I don't think so as well as they are in control and holding the same market cap for a long time.
Panteleymon

Activity: 262

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:05:28 PM

There is no such thing as complete anonymity. You can always find anyone. There would be resources and a desire. And this is a very convenient thing - to believe in complete anonymity. And you are calm, and those who provide it profitable.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:19:02 PM

you need to understand that decentralized and peer to peer means that nobody can do anything about how you use your money. that is the main reason for a peer to peer network.
you can think of it as torrents and file sharing that way. the government can not block that ever without shutting down the internet!

setting laws for things and forcing you to report to the revenue services and pay your taxes is a whole different thing though. that is how the society works. if you have problems with taxes then it is a very different topic.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
maereglapo

Activity: 181

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:25:27 PM

I doubt it wont last for so long,regulation started already in U.S and thats so alarming to our commnity,centralization is coming to us!
TonyLukarelly87

Activity: 322
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:37:13 PM

Sooner or later, but centralization will be. Foundations, banks, government will not allow the Crypto-currency to remain decentralized. Regulation of coins will be. But in every country in different ways.
ichsan ardi

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:41:05 PM

why should we tell it to the revenue service? while the government does not consider this crypto world to exist.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
whofeelsitknowsit

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:54:53 PM

If you are a citizen of a country, you are subject to its laws including its tax laws.  Governments are still trying to figure out what cryptocurrency is and how to tax it, but at least in the US, it won't be long before the IRS begins enforcing the reporting (for tax purposes) of cryptocurrency transactions.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
sparg

Activity: 280
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:08:42 PM

For now crypto is not mass adopted but the hype is growing and people with cash stated pouring in since last year. You can easy see this by comparing the market cap from the start of 2017 with the one from december. This increase in market cant get by without gaining some attention from the authorities and once goverments notice that they dont get they`re piece of the pie they will move in.
However they cant really do much about it, only to try to regulate the incomes from crypto investment. In my county, for example, at a letter regarding the financial status of bitcoin so i know what taxes to pay the financial insitution said it cand be taxed because they dont know what bitcoin is Smiley).
I dont say it is a negative thing all togheter because with regulation maybe there will be less scammers and more protection.

RNGfight

Activity: 196

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:14:22 PM

I think that the future of anonymous tokens will be regulated by the government, so maybe anonymity will be affected, so the anonymous cryptocurrency may not have a good future.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
sandos

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:12:54 PM

people want private. they dont want people know about their money. so I think altcoin will focus on anonymous

InsiderOfCrypto

Activity: 193

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:13:35 PM

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-R0nBZ5tKE

This is private Cryptocurrency mobile wallet which even your grandmom can easily use and be happy with!

NAV is not just very advanced and sophisticated privacy coin - which is technically much more advanced than Verge, Dash, Monero, PivX and etc. - NAV coin is about to become fully decentralized anonymous dApps platform ( "anonymous Ethereum" )

NAV is the most technically advanced project on the Market.

NAV coin is the most undervalued cryptocurrency - with the biggest price growth potential - NAV is the best pick for 2018.

NAV Coin official website: https://navcoin.org/

Nav Coin Markets: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/nav-coin/

NAV coin is the most undervalued cryptocurrency - with the biggest price growth potential - NAV is the best pick for 2018.
shaun98

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:21:31 PM

Yes, I believe alt coins will remain as anonymous, as governments have no way of controlling them at the moment.

awazieik

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 03:28:15 PM

Be prepared for being regulated by the government although it is not going to be easy for the government or financial institutions

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
gin113

Activity: 140
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:30:21 PM

you cant really stop it, its similar to drugs. the people that want use crypto will find a way to do so and gov regulations will only make it worse in the end.
imjustp

Activity: 256
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 03:30:53 PM

There isn't really all that much they can actually do about certain anonymous altcoins, the fact that they're private makes it extremely hard for them to actually act on people using them. That's why I believe anonymous crypto like Deep Onion will really be big this year
twobits

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:42:33 PM

As long as cryptocurrency will still use the encrypted data and that will be anonymous for long, but the main thing about the cryptocurrency is pegged to the centrazlied exchange site which easy to be controlled by the government through various rules that will be strict the team to follow it.

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
mayan251

Activity: 267

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 03:54:45 PM

It can only be said that the encrypted currency is relative. If you want to check your assets for a government, there's a way to do it. No encrypted currency is absolute anonymity.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: