Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 01:20:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Asrock H110 Pro btc+ Setup guide  (Read 1671 times)
Bakhtra

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:45:35 PM

Could someone else using this mobo post a picture of what your bios look like when running on 10 or more cards?
I just reset bios and change to gen 1 for all. No other changes needed, oh I use PCI2 as display. What you need is correct windows and driver.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HiloUka

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:00:41 AM

It only shows the 7 of them. You just set them all to gen1 and then save and restart. Then first try 8 cards. Login let all the drives load. Shut down, add the 9th. I had to skip one of the PCIe slots so my 9th is plugged into my 10th port. I had the same trouble you guys are having, even crashed the damn thing a few times and had to unplug the cards. First time only 6 would work. I did do as was suggested and try to install the other catalyst driver. Now running w/ 9 cards. All AMD RX580.

Anyhow, thats pretty much all I did after having the same problems. The steps all were posted above I think.
Mike_Samialis (OP)

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:31:19 PM

My mobo wont let me boot into bios with an AMD card. Nvidia card works but my RX580 doesn't. I tried both stock and modified bios.

I have to switch to onboard graphics. Install windows and then do the rest. Install drivers and then i get image from a card but NOT if it is plugged in the main PCIe.
Asrock is seriously crap so far!
Mike_Samialis (OP)

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 09:57:10 PM

Update.

I re-built my setup from scratch. Re-installed windows on a new ssd .
Here is what works for me:

The Asrock mobo doesn't give me picture on my screen even when i clean installed everything and had my screen connected to a graphics card. Im using XFX RX580's.
In bios the default graphics is PCIE2 but if i have a card connected on it either directly or via riser it just gives me black screen and i cant even access bios.
So i used the onboard graphics to setup windows. Once i had windows i shut down and put ONE card on the main PCIE which is PCIE2.
Then at the first boot with ONE AMD card i installed the drivers Bakhtra kept mentioning 17.11.4.
Then i restart and switch the Global setting function to compute in the AMD settings. Shut down again.
After installing the first card i went ahead and connected 7 more cards. I did then ALL at once. Then i switched the setting for each card.
One thing i noticed with the 17.11.14 drives was that i could not get MSI afterburner to work. I could not change clock or mem Hz at all. Claymore gave me about 26Mh/s

So then i used DDU and after switching back to onboard graphics i installed the latest AMD blockchain drivers. This time after the restart all the cards were shown. One small detail. I have a card connected to the main PCIE but no card connected to the slot right before it. Havent tweaked anything in the bios either.
Windows now sees 8 cards and with the latest drivers i can use Afterburner and get some extra juice off of my cards.

Running Claymore at the moment at 29.9 - 30Mh's

Quick note: I had to up windows virtual memory cause claymore gave me a DAG error. After adding more virtual memory everything works as a charm!

Now waiting for the triple PSU cable to connect the other 2 cards remaining and have a 10x RX580's setup.

I ll try to help as much as i can if anyone else getting crap from that board..

Also it wont recognize Intel M.2 SSD's..
Bakhtra

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 12:21:50 AM

Update.

I re-built my setup from scratch. Re-installed windows on a new ssd .
Here is what works for me:

The Asrock mobo doesn't give me picture on my screen even when i clean installed everything and had my screen connected to a graphics card. Im using XFX RX580's.
In bios the default graphics is PCIE2 but if i have a card connected on it either directly or via riser it just gives me black screen and i cant even access bios.
So i used the onboard graphics to setup windows. Once i had windows i shut down and put ONE card on the main PCIE which is PCIE2.
Then at the first boot with ONE AMD card i installed the drivers Bakhtra kept mentioning 17.11.4.
Then i restart and switch the Global setting function to compute in the AMD settings. Shut down again.
After installing the first card i went ahead and connected 7 more cards. I did then ALL at once. Then i switched the setting for each card.
One thing i noticed with the 17.11.14 drives was that i could not get MSI afterburner to work. I could not change clock or mem Hz at all. Claymore gave me about 26Mh/s

So then i used DDU and after switching back to onboard graphics i installed the latest AMD blockchain drivers. This time after the restart all the cards were shown. One small detail. I have a card connected to the main PCIE but no card connected to the slot right before it. Havent tweaked anything in the bios either.
Windows now sees 8 cards and with the latest drivers i can use Afterburner and get some extra juice off of my cards.

Running Claymore at the moment at 29.9 - 30Mh's

Quick note: I had to up windows virtual memory cause claymore gave me a DAG error. After adding more virtual memory everything works as a charm!

Now waiting for the triple PSU cable to connect the other 2 cards remaining and have a 10x RX580's setup.

I ll try to help as much as i can if anyone else getting crap from that board..

Blockchain driver will not recognize your last remaining card, since max you can run with it is 8 GPU. For more than 8, you need 17.11.4. Just mod your bios as your AB setting, if you really need to use that 2 remaining card.
Omg9500

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:33:01 AM

I can confirm this. Running 10 RX580s on win10 with drivers 17.11.4 without problems.

@Bakhtra
Can you give me your settings in afterburner if you are using this? afterburner not working for me as it does not recognize more than 8 GPUs and its not working with driver 17.11.4. Hence I am using TRIXX instead (similar tool from Sapphire instead of MSI afterburner).
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 07:41:17 AM

i'm going to buy one myself, does it detect all the 13 gpu without doing anything?

i think i can do a 1500 watt-one -cpu build with 12x 1070ti underpowered at 55%-60% tdp, i see no reason to push the gpu at 90-100%, the gain is minimal...
For me, max I can get stable only 12 GPU (AMD), can get 13 GPU but 2 last card will get halved hash. For that 12 AMD RX 5xx using 1300-1400w.
1500w PSU I think can go for 1320w max on wall.

1500 corsair can go much higher on power in , on wall i mean like 1600
Since PSU efficiency 90% so max on wall is 1666w for 1500w PSU (100%), but rule said 80% from that that's why 1333w max on wall.

well rule isn't that true you can see 1600+ on the corsair link
ottomans_enigma

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:34:43 AM

i hace a h110 pro and i solved my problem by updating the bios, its a nice guide for beginners, thank you for your gentle work,
Bakhtra

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:55:55 AM

I can confirm this. Running 10 RX580s on win10 with drivers 17.11.4 without problems.

@Bakhtra
Can you give me your settings in afterburner if you are using this? afterburner not working for me as it does not recognize more than 8 GPUs and its not working with driver 17.11.4. Hence I am using TRIXX instead (similar tool from Sapphire instead of MSI afterburner).
I don't use AB/Trixx, I just mod gpu bios.
john1010

Activity: 2072
Merit: 562

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2018, 11:25:57 AM

You need to use Windows 10 1709 (Fall Creator Update) and 17.11.4 AMD Drivers and don"t forget to change mode to COMPUTE for all GPU.

Hello

Yes i am using the latest windows version. Updated and everything. Version 1709.
The drivers i am using are 17.30.1029 and there isn't anywhere that i can change the settings to compute as i have read elsewhere.

I have flashed all of my 6x cards that windows detected using AtiFlash and a modded bios version specifically for my card.
Windows wasn't detecting the 7th card with stock bios either.

this is what i see in the bios when i log in. btw i can only log in to bios when my screen is connected to the onboard graphics.

About the noob question above. No the mobo DOES NOT come with a heatsink for your cpu. You get the stock heatsink packaged with the cpu unless you buy a tray version.

Its easy.
1. Right click windows icon >> device manager >> go to your gpu >> right click GPU >> uninstall >> delete the driver software for this device >> do it for all your GPU.
2. Right click my computer >>  advance system setting >> hardware >> device installation setting >> NO >> save change.
3. Go to safe mode or just do DDU and then restart your PC.
4. Download AMD driver 17.11.4 >> you can search it on google and then install it.
4xxx >> I forgot this step >> IMPORTANT STEP if using mod bios >> run amd/ati pixel clock patcher.
5. Restart PC >> go to amd setting >> gaming >> global setting >> change mode from graphic to COMPUTE >> do it to all your GPU.
6. Restart PC again and then start mining.

I tried to change to compute from graphic and seems not working on my card, Im using mixed brand of rx 570 4gb, MSI Gaming x, Aorus, Sapphire nitro+ rx570 8gb but when i change to compute the radeon restarted but when i looked again, there is no changes in some of my cards, yes I do it repeatedly in every card 1 by 1.. And tried also the 17.11.4 but I can't see any differences, I go back to the latest of adrenaline.
Bakhtra

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:19:32 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2018, 01:40:42 AM by Bakhtra

You need to use Windows 10 1709 (Fall Creator Update) and 17.11.4 AMD Drivers and don"t forget to change mode to COMPUTE for all GPU.

Hello

Yes i am using the latest windows version. Updated and everything. Version 1709.
The drivers i am using are 17.30.1029 and there isn't anywhere that i can change the settings to compute as i have read elsewhere.

I have flashed all of my 6x cards that windows detected using AtiFlash and a modded bios version specifically for my card.
Windows wasn't detecting the 7th card with stock bios either.

this is what i see in the bios when i log in. btw i can only log in to bios when my screen is connected to the onboard graphics.

About the noob question above. No the mobo DOES NOT come with a heatsink for your cpu. You get the stock heatsink packaged with the cpu unless you buy a tray version.

Its easy.
1. Right click windows icon >> device manager >> go to your gpu >> right click GPU >> uninstall >> delete the driver software for this device >> do it for all your GPU.
2. Right click my computer >>  advance system setting >> hardware >> device installation setting >> NO >> save change.
3. Go to safe mode or just do DDU and then restart your PC.
4. Download AMD driver 17.11.4 >> you can search it on google and then install it.
4xxx >> I forgot this step >> IMPORTANT STEP if using mod bios >> run amd/ati pixel clock patcher.
5. Restart PC >> go to amd setting >> gaming >> global setting >> change mode from graphic to COMPUTE >> do it to all your GPU.
6. Restart PC again and then start mining.

I tried to change to compute from graphic and seems not working on my card, Im using mixed brand of rx 570 4gb, MSI Gaming x, Aorus, Sapphire nitro+ rx570 8gb but when i change to compute the radeon restarted but when i looked again, there is no changes in some of my cards, yes I do it repeatedly in every card 1 by 1.. And tried also the 17.11.4 but I can't see any differences, I go back to the latest of adrenaline.
Yo, it will be like that, cause AMD software is shit. Change all to compute mode, it will restart after each change, but sometime it stay graphic (only visual) just go to next GPU. After you change it all, restart computer, and recheck again if there is still that not compute mode, change it again and then restart again, after that start mining.
Remember, you need to restart pc after change it to compute mode.
bestvcc

Activity: 61

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:52:42 PM

watching this thread ,thanks
fiorano

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:05:50 PM

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone got any advice on getting a rig with this mobo to run over wifi? 

Can anyone share any tips/advice please?

Many thanks,

Fiorano
clocks

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:01:59 PM

Hi fellas,

I have Win10 Enterprise up to date.
h110 Pro btc+
5*RX580
3*RX570

Win10-64Bit-Crimson-ReLive-Beta-Blockchain-Workloads-Aug23

BIOS settings: Intergrated video = off; All PCIe = 1Gen.

I have only 1 GPU in PCIe2 as using it to connect display.

I have an issue, that not all cards are recognised. Always random.

Usually around 4/5/6.

I tried to use only one 1200W power supply, but usually used two 1000w with a syncroniser.

Please give any clues.
sjyi

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:08:27 PM

...The drivers i am using are 17.30.1029 and there isn't anywhere that i can change the settings to compute as i have read elsewhere.

Driver version 17.30 is beta version supporting chainblock.  This version does not have that selection.
cipiripi90

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:38:05 PM

i hace a h110 pro and i solved my problem by updating the bios, its a nice guide for beginners, thank you for your gentle work,

Hi! Smiley

Can you tell me which version of motherboard version did you had and on which on did you updated?

I connected 6 AMD cards, all are recognized but only card that is in PCI2 slot (GPU0) is minning above 14Mh that how much I can get with OC, all other cards are running areound 12 MHs. I tried to switch cards and again same situation only card that is in PCI2 slot is minning 14Mh and all other about 12 Mhs.

I tried GPUs on different motherboard and they are able to mine all of them 14MHs simultaneously.

Any advise.

Thank you!
DooMsLicE

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:27:04 PM

everyone here seems to be getting issues for AMD cards but I can't figure out how to get Windows 10 to recognize more than 6 GTX 1080 ti's.

On the latest Nvidia Drivers, Windows 10 fully updated. Bios only shows 7/12 Pcie's. Windows will only pull up 6 even though I changed all 7 to Gen 1.

Not sure what to try next
IDaveN

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:40:05 PM

It will only not recognize PCI-E M.2 SSDs because theres no pci-e lanes left. You can use a SATA M.2 SSD just fine. Smiley
blockchange88

Activity: 141
Merit: 4

ethereum is a fork of ethereum classic.

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:01:47 PM

i have 2 of these boards. im running 12 1080tis on each rig. theyre pulling around 8500sols via smos/dstm. no drivers, no nothing. just plug and play.

i still dont get why people use windows unless theyre trying to mine obscure coins.
Meda123

Activity: 62

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 06:36:34 AM

i have 2 of these boards. im running 12 1080tis on each rig. theyre pulling around 8500sols via smos/dstm. no drivers, no nothing. just plug and play.

i still dont get why people use windows unless theyre trying to mine obscure coins.
Hey man what OS do you use ?

We had really many issues here is a short story;

Bought 15 rx 580 8gb. We just can use 5 on each rig. So we bought 3 MOBO 3 Ram and 3 CPU. I really want to get this shit working.. For me it would be a success to get more than 5 to work!! It simply does not recognize the 6th card. When I Plug in it radomly Shows 3-4 cards. At 5 it shows 5.

Which PCI E lanes do you guys use? I use the black one except the long lane.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: