Bitcoin Forum
July 15, 2024, 05:09:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Asrock H110 Pro btc+ Setup guide  (Read 1677 times)
Bimmber

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:36:30 AM

i still dont get why people use windows unless theyre trying to mine obscure coins.

I could not agree more. Windows is not suitable for mining, its such a pain. Ethos is a way to go.
rebelmalangi

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:01:34 PM

Hi Guys ,
            Can anyone help us what is the issue. My last 2 weeks I tried many things but till now non of them work for me .

I have 11 GPUs 10xRX5xx and 1xRX4xx Card.
Install Windows 10 Pro 1709 ( as per the thread found out 1709 is must to run more then 8 gpus) so download and install
But with AsRock H110 Pro Btc+ I am not fortunate to run 11 gpus.
I tried with latest AMD 18.x driver-7 feb release, I tried 17.11.4 as all mentioning but sometime windows detect 8 cards some times 9 or when I am lucky they detect 10 gpus and after a reboot it again randomly shows 8 or 9 gpus.
Randomly gpu wont get detect on windows at reboot, when I run claymore undetected card fan wont work or sometimes when I reboot 1 or 2 gpus fan keep running wont stop after reboot (mean gpus not detect in windows) . In device manager I can see hiddentr gpu which I delete and restart but still I was not able to see all 11 cards working in windows.
         Even when I run 10 gpus in miner after sometimes windows get crash randomly. dont know its windows problem or Mobo riser and touching each other and make the board to reboot.
     From last 2 weeks trying to fix my rig crash/reboot , GPUs detection issue but not I am fed up after all changes .

Someone please share there experience if you are running 11 or more GPUs on Windows

Kudo
Mike_Samialis (OP)

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:56:57 AM

I have this mobo running 8 cards.

It is true its a pain to setup and logic doesn't apply when configuring it to work with more than 7-8 cards.

What worked for me was using the blockchain drivers. Not the latest ones though. Or 17.11.4 AMD Drivers which will let you use MSI afterburner to change mem and core speed.

Also if you have connected 7-8-9 or 10 cards but it doesn't show some of them try changing the pciE slots. I plugged them in order from 1st to 8th skipping the main pciE.

Im about to connect 2 more cards at some point for a total of 10 but for now i can't tell which slots and in what order the mobo will detect. One thing sure is that you need to use DDU each time you change the drivers.

Also for me the latest version of drivers didn't work because although all cards where detected i COULDN'T use MSI afterburner to change clocks so i only got speeds up to 22-24 in claymores ETH miner.

I have read somewhere that you need a combination of cards for the mobo to run all 13 slots. Ie you need both AMD and Nvidia im not sure if it matters which you need more or if you need mining specific cards as well.

If anyone's got any questions or has any other info feel free to post. I ll keep this thread updated!
fabry1999

Activity: 279
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:03:43 PM

Hi,

I have try to install the 17.11.4 versione and the last 18.2.3 but for some GPU I can't change mode from graphic to COMPUTE,

any idea ?

What I can do ?

thx

Fabrizio
ikicha

Activity: 788

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:23:57 PM

You using 10 GPU card on Windows OS?
I think windows OS give hardware limitation, max 6 card. but i dont know actually, my rig only 5 RX570 with windows 10
fabry1999

Activity: 279

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:27:41 PM

I have 8 GPU and the new driver have no 8GPU limit

Fabrizio
Mike_Samialis (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:24:38 PM

With the latest updates there is no limitation in number of cards Windows supports. When you assemble your rig start with just ONE card. Install the drivers from scratch and then add the rest of your cards.
I used the 17.11.4 drivers version. Not sure if the same will work for you.
dmitriy vakulenko

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:54:44 PM

My setup is :
Started building my first mining rig. I have read both this forum and reddit as well as random info all over the internet.

Decided to go with the 13 gpu Asrock mobo and because of availability issues i got 3x psu's instead of 2x more powerfull.
Anyways building and connecting everything wasn't that hard. You need to follow the basic instructions that come with the mobo. I also watched this guy's video on youtube when assembling my rig : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6gB7GYkkiA

Points to watch out for. You have to connect the 2x extra molex connectors on the mobo, to the same PSU that gives power to the mobo+cpu.

Other than that everything else as in the video but here's where MY problem starts

Setup is:

Asrock H110 Pro btc+
8g Ram (2x 4g dimms)
Pentium 4560
10x XFX R580's
3x 850w PSU (platinum)

For now i have only connected 7 cards using 2 psu's. Im waiting for a cable to connect all 10 cards and the 3rd psu.

I setup windows and installed the wrong drivers first. So had to use DDU and reinstall the AMD crimson pack. Now gpu-z and windows device manager sees 6 cards.
I did a bios update but that didnt change anything.
Also when i have my display connected to one of the 580's i CANNOT access bios setting.
If i disconnect all cards and use onboard graphics i can access bios but i get oenly 7 pciE showing in bios.

what gives?

btw using 6x cards with modded bios and AMD mining drivers gives me 30Mh/s on claymore mining Ethereum but i have 10x cards and i need to use them all.

thanks for any help..much appreciated!
Hi, I have experience of mining on such a motherboard. I have three rigs for thirteen cards. Two rig on NVIDIA video cards, and one on am. I'm working on Linux. I think this is the most convenient operating system. There is no glitch like windows, supports thirteen video cards without any problems. I also use a server power supply and I advise you.it is necessary to additionally supply two Molex connectors.
Mike_Samialis (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:30:28 PM

Is it true that ethOS gives you an extra 1-2mhs per card for ethereum?
How does it work with this board? Anyone tried that setup yet?
Bimmber

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:35:49 PM

Is it true that ethOS gives you an extra 1-2mhs per card for ethereum?

Not sure about AMD and ETH, but with my nvidia cards and zcash mining ethos gave me more sol/s compared to Windows 10.
riskyfire

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 08:21:25 PM

I made a pretty well detailed video of a 13 GPU build using the Asrock H110 Pro BTC. It might be useful for some of you guys

https://youtu.be/UWu2d6_bF5M

Bare

Activity: 130
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:23:10 PM

ok, I see everybody making up to 12-13 gpu rigs with this motherboard using 1080ti's or rx4xx/5xx,

But,
has anyone done 8-13 gpu rig with this motherboard using hawaii/fiji cards?

using win 10 v1709 and earlier crimson drivers such as 16.7.3?
Mike_Samialis (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:09:15 AM

Nice video..i think i saw it on youtube before when i was looking how to setup my rig..

I have a question though. Has anyone put all 13 AMD cards on this board? Will it run on 13 AMD cards cause asrock's guide has a mix of 7 AMD and 5 Nvidia.

I have 8 AMD cards hooked up on it and im waiting on a cable to plug 2 more. I recently bought another 2 RX580's though for a 2nd rig im planning but i thought in the meanwhile if i could put them all together.
But i want to ask first if anyone else has done it..

thanks
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: