Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:11:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoNewsTracker - Customizable cryptocurrency news aggregator (need feedback)  (Read 125 times)
tamastorok (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:24:24 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2018, 06:38:50 PM by tamastorok

hi guys!
Since there is a huge flow of articles about cryptocurrencies which makes it hard to cut through the noise. So my friend and I decided to build a cryptocurrency news aggregator that is customizable and sends you notifications once a new article is published about your selected cryptocurrencies.

It makes pretty easy to keep up with the news you actually care about. The app is free and always will be.

We’re planning to release the very first version of our app within a week. Our intention is to get early feedback so we can improve things that matter. So I’m here, looking for fellow cryptocurrency fans for feedback.

Is there anyone who wants to see the first version of our app? Let me know. Smiley)

ProductHunt page: https://www.producthunt.com/upcoming/cryptonewstracker

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 3406

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2018, 08:04:23 PM

It would have been better if you had a beta version of it now, so everyone would be able to test it (awaiting a live version, submitted an email)

Prior to everything, have few suggestions (in order to make it better than what's already out there, in regards to similar websites and apps):

1. Is it possible to go one level deeper and have certain keywords for each crypto-currencies to be aggregated (so there won't be a flux of articles) instead and have notifications for those?
2. In case you're planning to have a signup process in the app, it would be best to get rid of it since most crypto users prefer not to have their emails in most databases (if possible), due to possible hacks and email spams.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
tamastorok (OP)

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:33:24 PM

It would have been better if you had a beta version of it now, so everyone would be able to test it (awaiting a live version, submitted an email)

Prior to everything, have few suggestions (in order to make it better than what's already out there, in regards to similar websites and apps):

1. Is it possible to go one level deeper and have certain keywords for each crypto-currencies to be aggregated (so there won't be a flux of articles) instead and have notifications for those?
2. In case you're planning to have a signup process in the app, it would be best to get rid of it since most crypto users prefer not to have their emails in most databases (if possible), due to possible hacks and email spams.

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. Smiley
Yeah, you're right it would have been better to have a working beta but I was so excited to share with you guys what we're working on. It will be released in the coming days. Fingers crossed. Smiley

1. The tagging works like this: you want news only about Litecoin so you add the keyword "Litecoin" to your newsfeed filter. From then you will see only those where Litecoin is mentioned. You can also add "Charlie Lee" as an additional relevant kw. You can group keywords into separated news feeds, based on topic etc. For example, you create a news feed called "Litecoin news" and add two keywords to it: Litecoin and Charlie Lee. This way you have more keywords assigned to a selected cryptocurrency. You can set up notifications for every news feed you have created. Hope I answered your question, let me know if I should clarify anything.

2. You can use our app without signing up BUT in order to create customized feeds you should sign up (simple sign up, email name nothing special).

Let me know if you have other questions. Smiley

Again, thanks for your support!
DZRCoins

Activity: 64

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:56:17 PM

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. Smiley
Yeah, you're right it would have been better to have a working beta but I was so excited to share with you guys what we're working on. It will be released in the coming days. Fingers crossed. Smiley

1. The tagging works like this: you want news only about Litecoin so you add the keyword "Litecoin" to your newsfeed filter. From then you will see only those where Litecoin is mentioned. You can also add "Charlie Lee" as an additional relevant kw. You can group keywords into separated news feeds, based on topic etc. For example, you create a news feed called "Litecoin news" and add two keywords to it: Litecoin and Charlie Lee. This way you have more keywords assigned to a selected cryptocurrency. You can set up notifications for every news feed you have created. Hope I answered your question, let me know if I should clarify anything.

2. You can use our app without signing up BUT in order to create customized feeds you should sign up (simple sign up, email name nothing special).

Let me know if you have other questions. Smiley

Again, thanks for your support!

I also would say that you should have SEO friendly site. It brings you some "organic" users. So, think about SEO friendly URLs and news visibility. Sign up should be optional and you can set special built in tags like "BTC news", "Litecoin News"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: