Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:06:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm having suicidal thoughts.  (Read 185 times)
AXlOM (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:52:53 PM

I have lurked these forums since 2014, I got into mining with my last chunk of change when mining first got popular in the days of Litecoin and Dogecoin and the original Scrypt Coins, bought A pretty big mining op with hopes of making lots of money, getting in early and such.

Back in the day before the market tanked for a few years my cards ran no problem, but I never made my money back, not nearly much at all really.

Flash forward to 2017 and I re dredged out all of my equipment that I was too depressed to sell and ordered a bunch of new parts with the last of my crypto's that I had) Right before it's price multiplied like 6 times Sad((((() And now they will not run a damn thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been sitting on my new and old parts for about 6 months unable to mine anything for more than 5 mins to an hour, always the same fucking problem, no matter what computer I use or GPU's I have installed, or what coin I try to mine. Every, fucking, time, It just starts mining for a little while and crashes, every, single, fucking, machine. And I swear to god Im about to put a bullet in my fuckign head.

Al I want is my money back, I have given up on my hopes for lots of money, Im watching people who got into cryptos way later than I, on my recommendation actually and are far more successful than I at this point, with tens of thousands more than I. And it drives. Me. Fucking. In.Sane. to the point that I can't bear this shit anymore I'm about to throw all this shit in the trash.

I'm tired of slaving over these stupid fucking machines and having nothing to show for it I'm just gonna fucking go flip hamburgers and fucking hate myself I guess.

If anyone knows why my machines are doign this I would be very grateful, ETC ETH Zcash same story.

These fucking 280x's and 290's are garbage IMO, maybe its something else though.

I have AMD based machines on windows 7.

If someone uses a different OS or has 280x's or 290's mining I would literally suck your dick for a copy of your rigs blueprint.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 06:59:26 PM

You have to learn to ignore other people's successes.

Maybe you have some power issues, maybe constant brownout or something. Check the outlet voltages, especially under load. Or maybe you have some bad PSUs, or too much overclock, or it could be a number of other things. Give us more info to help (hardware list, miner, etc).

Not your keys, not your coins!
Tristan1337

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:09:29 PM

Try running with 1 GPU installed at a time so that you can rule out what could be causing the problem.

Also maybe try installing Windows 8/10 or possibly Linux.

Don't give up! Usually it's the most simple things that you just didn't think about that creates the biggest problems. Wink
AXlOM (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:13:00 PM

You have to learn to ignore other people's successes.

Maybe you have some power issues, maybe constant brownout or something. Check the outlet voltages, especially under load. Or maybe you have some bad PSUs, or too much overclock, or it could be a number of other things. Give us more info to help (hardware list, miner, etc).

The voltages look fine and I have mined for extended periods on a few occassions, ETH was my most successful and I could get it mining for a few days before it needed a restart or something, unfortunately ETH is the least profitable and it also pushes my cards the hardest, (Also when I started experimenting with new cards I lost the rigs configuration and the old script I had doesn;t work anymore so its back to tinkering if I want even ETH to work)

My point is I don't think its a power issue, and I have so many almost identical machines giving me the same headaches I doubt its hardware either, I think its software related.

I think I need a different OS or a specific mining program / script but I can't get anything to work.
AXlOM (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:21:10 PM

Try running with 1 GPU installed at a time so that you can rule out what could be causing the problem.

Don't give up! Usually it's the most simple things that you just didn't think about that creates the biggest problems. Wink

Oh one or two mine fine but I built 3 500 dollar rigs to hold my GPU's and they are designed to hold 12 cards, not one or 2 unfortunately Sad((

But the moment I go over one or 2 cards on each machine they just crash and burn.

I have 32 gigs of virtual memory on each machine and an additional 4 gig memory stick in each machine as well.
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:21:50 PM

It could be a problem of your PSU, your motherboard our your graphics cards. It can also be a software problem. Did you install every updates of Windows 7 ? Make sure you have a real copy of Windows and all the updates. It is better if you could install Windows 10 i think. Also updates every drivers. Also install a good Antivirus and it should have the latest updates. Don't download anything that you are not sure about it. Don't install cracked version of games of softwares. They may contain virus.
Tristan1337

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:34:07 PM

Oh one or two mine fine but I built 3 500 dollar rigs to hold my GPU's and they are designed to hold 12 cards, not one or 2 unfortunately Sad((

But the moment I go over one or 2 cards on each machine they just crash and burn.

I have 32 gigs of virtual memory on each machine and an additional 4 gig memory stick in each machine as well.

Check the power usage with a power meter. https://www.amazon.com/Electricity-Consumption-Analyzer-Overload-Protection/dp/B0716WQW79/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1514921509&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=watt+meter

Also like i said, Windows 8/10 may be needed as times have changed since the last time you were mining. New drivers/mining software often require Windows 8/10.

And even though you want your rigs to work with more than 2 GPUs, it's important to troubleshoot your problem at the point where the problem starts to happen. So if that's after you add the 3rd GPU, start troubleshooting there to narrow down where the problem is coming from before you move forward.

But again, install Windows 10 first! And check your power usage!
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 09:58:02 PM

Eth is far from pushing the cards the hardest.

What's your voltage  at the wall with a multimeter/killawatt? What kind of risers do you use? What kind of PSUs do you use? Temperatures?

Your problem can be solved if you give all these helpful people enough info to figure it out.

Not your keys, not your coins!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: