Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:39:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Experty fills a gap  (Read 52 times)
Riddoch (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 09:25:03 PM

Experty is a blockchain-based calling platform that allows two or more parties to connect via audio or video call, and allows payment between those parties.

ICO Basic Info
Name: Experty
Symbol: EXY
Hard Cap: $9,000,000 or 33k ETH (whichever is lower)
Presale Date: Unknown
Presale Bonus: 10-60% bonus over ICO price with Proof of Care.
ICO Date: 25-Jan-2018 thru 25-Feb-2018
ICO Price: 1 ETH = 1000 EXY

Social Interest (for January 2, 2018):
Twitter: 7,849 followers
Reddit: 13 separate posts with 8 responses
Bitcointalk: 1867 posts
IDEA
• Experty is a blockchain-based expert calling platform where two or more parties connect via audio or video call. Knowledge provider sets their rate per minute, which is paid by knowledge seeker when they call. This exchange is settled on blockchain using an Ethereum smart contract coupled with off-chain software.

• Knowledge provider can share his direct call link without fear of receiving fraud or marketing calls. They can also display their availability schedule. Knowledge seeker saves time and money by contacting wanted person directly, and paying only for actual call time.

THE COIN

·         EXY is a utility token that will be used for

o   All payments from advice seekers to knowledge providers.

o   Staked by users for access to premium services (the more usage Experty platform has, the more valuable tokens will be)

o   Advice seekers as a deposit for advance scheduling with a knowledge provider

·         Token will be sold inside the application via

o   credit cards

o   Ethereum, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.

Initial Thoughts – The Good
·         Solid idea with some really good points to it

o   Hard cap of $9,000,000. Low. Could result in no main sale required.

o   Fixed it to the lower of $9M and 33k ETH so won’t be artificially driven up by ETH.

·         Discussed this with some colleagues that are in legal consulting and others in contract negotiation. Some definite interest for the millennials and other tech savvy professionals. They feel this does solve for a real life problem
·         Working application for iOS and Android.

·         Built-in ETH wallet to the application but need to see how they will be able to easily redeem to fiat currency (linked exchange perhaps)?

Initial Thoughts – The Questions

·         Team members aren’t linked to other ICO projects, but many have real world and theoretical experience in the required programming. Clearly a smart group, but would like to have seen more direct experience. That said they do have a solid team of advisers.

·         Don’t think the 5% allocation to legal and administrative costs sounds reasonable, which makes me question where the funds will come from when they exceed that in the first quarter. I would assume long term research and if so, that makes sense as they won’t have much time for that in the first year anyway.

·         Not a lot off chatter in Twitter, but a lot of followers, so that’s a start. Most of the chatter I am seeing is around the POC.

·         Team and partners get 63% of the total tokens, that’s significant. There is vesting however that will reduce the impact.

My Analysis
• Solid idea, smart team, low market cap, good hype. I think this will be a bit of a slow starter (other than the initial coin grab and day-trading) as more and more professionals start to get comfortable with cryptocurrency in 2018. Marketing and ease-of-business is key here, and I think they can do it.
777asianinvasian

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

🌟 MIRA ICO 🌟

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 09:44:58 PM

At the minimum they have separated themselves from the pack by providing something that doesn't exist or if it does is relatively unknown to the community. I looked into them when searching for campaign and that ICO out of a lot seemed the most legit.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: