Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:15:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] The Forge Network (FRG)  (Read 2661 times)
Olega252

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 10:08:24 AM

The coin will be issued only 100 million? Bounty will be up to what date?

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
TrentD_TFN (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 02:18:20 PM

Only a 100 million total supply.

Bounty will be running until the end of ICO. So all the way through the majority of March
gigabyted

Activity: 906
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:51:05 PM

Bounty will be running until the end of ICO. So all the way through the majority of March

Correct me if im wrong but right now theres about 21M coins out (premine for ICO being a large chunk of it) and PoW is almost over, so the only coins that will be issued after this is the 5% annual stakes.  so about 1M per year.  So it will takes a VERY LONG time to get to 100M.

So supply after 1 year could be around 22M-23M right?  And adding about 1M - 1.1M every year or so.
TrentD_TFN (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 07:48:31 PM

Correct me if im wrong but right now theres about 21M coins out (premine for ICO being a large chunk of it) and PoW is almost over, so the only coins that will be issued after this is the 5% annual stakes.  so about 1M per year.  So it will takes a VERY LONG time to get to 100M.

So supply after 1 year could be around 22M-23M right?  And adding about 1M - 1.1M every year or so.

You have pretty much hit the nail perfectly on the head. We wanted to ensure the longevity of staking for the community.
TrentD_TFN (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 10:32:34 PM

Updated the OP.

Pre-Sale is Live!
pitt59

Activity: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 11:52:46 PM

completed my purchase but when do you send the coins to my wallet
TrentD_TFN (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 01:43:07 AM

completed my purchase but when do you send the coins to my wallet

That's great! All pre-sale purchases will be distributed at the conclusion of the pre-sale. Thanks for your support!
Beard_TFN

Activity: 16

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 03:27:29 AM

If you have questions regarding the process of purchasing FRG coins during the presale, don't hestitate to let us know! 
orangegeuse

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:40:43 AM

Is there a block explorer?

Is there a link to the source code? The Linux wallet is an all-in-one job that requires QT (bad for CLI) and also is built against libdb 5.3 (which not many distros run).
pitt59

Activity: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:22:44 AM

would be good if you put a counter on website showing how many coins are sold on ico live
TrentD_TFN (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 10:58:55 AM

would be good if you put a counter on website showing how many coins are sold on ico live

shop.theforgenetwork.com

The counter here will update as time goes on, albeit not live but in rather frequent intervals.
MrSpasybo

Activity: 378
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:47:59 PM

Congratulations, you have 10,000 blocks! This is the first step in the success of your project.

Your supply: 100.000.000 FRG
Token Sale: 10.000.000 = 10%
Others: 10%
What will you do with 80%? For only mining in future?
gigabyted

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:04:03 PM

Congratulations, you have 10,000 blocks! This is the first step in the success of your project.

Your supply: 100.000.000 FRG
Token Sale: 10.000.000 = 10%
Others: 10%
What will you do with 80%? For only mining in future?

Total supply is 100M
Current supply is about 21M
18.5M of that Current Supply is for preSale and ICO.
The rest will be released at 5% per year thru ProofOfStake. (So it will take at least 50 years to reach that 100M)
BlockchainRevo

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:04:46 AM

First ICO investment!  Super excited about the smart home voice assistant stuff you guys were talking about in your room and I love that you are actually engaged with and making changes based on your community and investors.  Goodluck!
ramirkz

Activity: 1330
Merit: 133

https://uafree.org

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2018, 10:28:48 PM

Good luck dev's! Add your bounty campaign on portal http://bounty.cool and our Telegram https://t.me/bountyCool. Check please information and PM me if it need to correct.

Support of Ukraine  https://uafree.org
rapsigua.vc

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:34:56 PM

can someone enlighten me what this coin is? thank you
sjyi

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:48:41 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2018, 01:13:47 AM by sjyi

Hello The Forge Network:

I've read through your material on your web site.

Interesting concepts discussed there, but I have some questions:

1) I was not clear about your decentralized exchange DEX.  Would you be able to point me to some document as to how that will function and/or be implemented?

2) When PoS is paying 5% interest, how will you be obtaining this fund?

3) After the initial 10k blocks are mined, how will the blocks be computed?

4) How will the low transaction fee work?  Who receives the transaction fee?  How decides the transaction fee?

Eager to hear your clarifications.

1) Once we have gone further into development, prior to the DEX implementation, we will come out with detailed documentation on how and what exactly it is that we are planning on doing. So that our community can give us feedback on what they would like for us to implement (feature-wise) along with the standard layout of our DEX.

2) There will be no minimum amount for staking. Just a minimum of 4 hours before coins have matured enough to stake then from those coins that are staked 5% will be awarded once you are picked to process a transaction.

3) After PoW has completed then it will be up to the stakers to process transactions. So in order to receive the hashing power needed to process transactions there will need to be stakers and for those who are staking to receive 5% accrual there need to be transactions. It's a much more energy efficient way to process transactions.

4) The more that are involved the lower the fees will be. The network itself receives the fees and then they are kicked back into overall circulation. The fees are at the protocol level to defend against block bloating attacks.

Thanks for your clarifications.
I have additional questions if you don't mind explaining.

1. DEX, I have not seen any DEX Q&A on this thread.  Puzzled though.  The DEX is what you claim, so I think you would be the best qualified person to explain what the feature is and how it would work.  After the explanation, people would be better informed to ask for further clarification or ask for different features.

2. PoS. I think 2-4 seem to be tied to PoS.
So if I could write down my understanding of your plan:
   Assumption: PoW phase has completed.

a. Acquire some FRG coins.

b. let some time elapse (4 hours minimum)

c. stakers can now start processing the transactions. (If this involves processing blocks, isn't this the same as mining?)

d. stakers can earn (accrue) 5%. (of the holding coin? of the transactions processed?  From your description, it maybe that miners (or stakers processing the transactions) are supposed to get the fee, but the network itself is getting the fee?

This is why asked how the 5% accrual is funded.  Are the stakers earning some kind of interest? or are they earning processing fee? (i.e. miners fee). 
   Eitherway, how can you guarantee the 5%?

e. the more stakers there are, the lower the transaction fee. 
   If there are more stakers, the 5% accrual fee decreases?  Will that 5% accrual remain constant?  Will the network be able to survive with consistently lowering fee?
wilberthh

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 10:37:22 AM

At first I was kinda skeptical about this alt coin, I mean... when I downloaded the wallet, my antivirus suddenly notice a trojan virus! turns out it's only a false alarm. Thanks God.

Anyways, I really hope that the masternodes feature will be really happening as stated in the roadmap. How much FRG do I need by the way? is it decided yet? Because the more I read this the more I love it.
gigabyted

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 09:17:33 PM

WTS a few thousands FRG, pm me for it. 

Selling part of what i have, dont ask for it all, you wont have it, specialy if this is going with masternodes like stated in the roadmap...
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:05:51 PM

What happened to the airdrop of this coin? Is it cancelled?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: