Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:07:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin affecting the Environment  (Read 424 times)
nghiahieple

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:45:08 PM

I think BTC indirectly affects our environment.
Miners use electricity for their main purposes, but in comparison with others like: cars, paper, ... It does not habe enormous effect on our environments. In some ways, BTC helps reserve natural resources.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:49:11 PM

there are a lot of other industries that are affecting the environment a lot more than bitcoin, and most of them are wasteful that are affecting the environment not doing anything useful.

bitcoin has value, it is doing something useful. it is a decentralized payment system for the whole world with highest security and fastest transactions possible. with low fees despite what you see in the past month.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Man21

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:14:08 PM

Bitcoin is affecting the environment for sure. Affect to people habit too. Normally people spend time for relaxing and now spend time in bitcoin. And most affect is more people get financial freedom.
Sweetbtc

Activity: 938
Merit: 503

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:41:16 AM

I think yes it is affecting on Environment. Like people are willing to buy mining machine to earn via mining the coins. Simple those ant Minner and other machine make hard noise. I don't use those machine but i saw some video on you tube and notice these machines make noise which can affecting on Environment badly.

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
...JOIN NOW...
smarteth

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:43:15 AM

Bitcoin Mining is effort environment it should environmental friendly and save the planet with new currency
xugzr272186

Activity: 278
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:48:48 AM

If you take a look at the coinmarketcap.com chart you will see that the crypto currency market cap is continuously increasing at currently $660 billion! Yes, bitcoin is affecting the environment and you can easily see this in the online gambling industry where customers use it to easily deposit and withdraw to and from online gambling sites. However, bitcoin's dominance decreased recently to only 37% and I assume that it will dicrease further to only 20 or even less per cent. Hence there wil be other coins also affecting the environment.

There is no doubt that the negative market impact that bitcoin will have is energy waste. Its production process consumes a large amount of energy with no single source, which is devastating to the global environment.
WNbahr

Activity: 107

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:49:27 AM

I think that a change in the environment with bitcoin depends on the characteristics of users and investors who implement their income in the environment in ways that can distract the public, overdo it and make people hot with their attitude. I think everyone should be wise in using bitcoin in everyday life so as not to trigger problems against an environment. so obvious bitcoin can affect when users make something too much and make others jealous and uncomfortable. so that it can lead to a negative view of the existence of bitcoin.
CNY dasd

Activity: 102
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:52:35 AM

Bitcoin blockchain is the world's largest public chain, and after years of development proved its technical feasibility and stability, it also presented its technical value. At the same time, bitcoin's price is rising rapidly, so even if bitcoin miners consume 24,000 gigawatts of electricity a year to mine it, they still get a profit.
shinjunobi09

Activity: 126
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:54:06 AM

In terms of the mindset of the person yes particularly probably because bitcoin help developed the inner investors in many peoples mind and helps provide a better opportunity for them in terms of the financial perspective because it gives people a chance to have an additional fund.

Coins and Hardwork

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 06:59:22 AM

I don't see any problem here about bitcoin but it is like they are pointing out is the miners. People mine digital currencies or bitcoin in particular, they pay a lot of fees for the electric consumption so? They do not pollute the water and the air like the factories do and some of them are still doing it. It affects the people to mine more but not the environment.
lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:02:27 AM

Yes bitcoin will affect with the environment. Bitcoin can help unemployment, some people have a problem with economy, pay their bills and many things.
For the country also can teach the people how to do investment for long term to get more profit more than gold. Bitcoin can use also for transactions, no need pay by cash. It more faster.
Feduk

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:06:28 AM

Crypto affects on environment indirectly, through miners.
If miners agree to use only reusable, green energy sources, effect on environment would be almost invisible.
Monkeydluffy001

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:08:41 AM

I don't really think it affects our environment figuratively, as we all know cryptocurrencies is a digital currency and it affects our environment to act wildly, if the bitcoin price up many people acting on how they can sell their asset asap, when the price go down people are still panic selling and buying, it affects the environment cycle and the playing games with their mind. The tru environment of digital currency is the people's mind and it helps people to think wisely and practically.
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:13:28 AM

Of course it does.
Let's take a look, when you operate bitcoin miner, you need electricity. Electricity being create by fossil and the amount is limited.
I won't be surprise if one day, fossil start getting rare and people will start to think the alternate way to find new source for electricity !

Smiley
pawanjain

Activity: 2688
Merit: 715

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:16:38 AM

Wherever there is a growth in a currency it does affect the environment in one way or the other. Bitcoin as it has developed so much over the years have given many people a lot of opportunities to make huge profits. So it is affecting the environment in a positive way in this case. But on the other side it is ridiculously charging more fees to make payments and hence the it gives a negative impact on the environment. The media on the other hand are reporting only its negative effects which is further more affecting the bitcoin economy. So there are many ways through which Bitcoin is affecting the environment.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Amit nandal

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:26:12 AM

Of course, it is affecting the environment.
Because money changes world and bitcoin is money.
xuv500

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:38:29 AM

Actually environment includes air, water and land, hope bitcoin or the mining equipment doesn't impact or affect any of these. When you speak about electricity, yes mining will definitely consume more but how come this will affect the environment? Most developed countries are planning to introduce electrical cars to reduce pollution and bitcoin or any crypto currency consuming more electricity is just like IBM, Microsoft, Amazon or Google consumes electricity for their Cloud Technology servers. It is a part of development and future as like other Could platforms.
hajimasan

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:51:20 AM

I think yes , here it doesn't matter that what we are thinking but we should see real factors also that we are seeing .
A magazine that I seen once about 2-3 months back about the bitcoin that how it is effecting our life in positive and negative way .
There was something like to produce heat by the miners and use of electricity for the miners that are effecting the environment much .
But here we should not see towards such things which are not in actual are part of our Life to make effect badly because many other things are also effecting this world which are not taken in consideration by the writer .
Here we are happy with the bitcoin use and I think its negative impact is about negligible then what we have positive and better impact in our economical life .
wnfmzm74

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:20:03 AM

I think BTC indirectly affects our environment.
Miners use electricity for their main purposes, but in comparison with others like: cars, paper, ... It does not habe enormous effect on our environments. In some ways, BTC helps reserve natural resources.

The bitcoin mining industry needs hardware and a lot of power that can damage the environment and the energy that bitcoin miners may consume, finding that the amount of electricity needed is equivalent to the amount of electricity consumed by 1.5 billion households a year and is likely to affect global resources and The use of energy.
jpespa

Activity: 294
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:34:11 AM

Since bitcoin is computer technology, it requires electricity as its resource . Imagine how many transactions are being made daily the energy consumption depends on the size of transactions. As we all know we may have too many resources but they have limitations.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: