Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 07:20:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the Daily Fee to rent 1 BTC on Poloniex?  (Read 91 times)
Cheddy (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 11:59:38 PM

Or any exchange like Poloniex? 

And I'm talking about how much in fiat currency does it cost.

When I looked, I saw something like .50 a day.  I couldn't believe it.  Can you check that for me? 
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:44:42 AM

Rent bitcoin? I never heard of such a thing. Or do you mean borrow BTC?

I doubt it would be possible to borrow or rent $15K worth of bitcoins without providing valid collateral to whoever offers such a service. That's an awfully large amount of money to lend someone. And I'm sure an exchange such as Poloniex will take extensive precautions before letting anyone borrow from them. Withdrawing your own coins and funds from their platform is already a challenging thing to do, how much more if you were to borrow or rent 1 BTC?

Or are they offering some kind of internal loan system for users to hedge? I can imagine there might be some kind of system where someone can actually loan a coin or two which they can then trade or hedge internally within that system (but external withdrawals are blocked). Not sure if this is a Poloniex feature and if it is, I'm sure it will come with strings attached. Long strings.

Cheddy (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:14:34 AM

That's not how it works.  If you drop below a threshold in your account holdings either by your investment's price fluctuation or by accumulated daily interest fees, then your position is liquidated and/or your whole account can be liquidated. 

The computer servers do this instantly without more than an "if/then" criteria. 

The only thing I'm wondering is what is the daily rate at Poloniex Exchange in the Lending tab.  It looks to cheap to be true....not that I know how to access the loans offered by others on there anyway.  Hehe
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: