Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:48:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Boot52 instant play poker, no downloads or registration!  (Read 3841 times)
boot52 (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 03:49:31 PM

FoldBot just went live on Table 5! https://boot52.nl/id/5
This is free money, folks. Come n get it!!

The 'play money' version of FoldBot is running on Table 4 --> https://boot52.nl/id/4

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 10:52:00 AM

Hey boot52, what kind of server do you have to run 8 tables? That means 9 players per table = 72 maximum players? Bots included.

boot52 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 03:48:03 PM

Hey boot52, what kind of server do you have to run 8 tables? That means 9 players per table = 72 maximum players? Bots included.

Nothing special server side. Boot52 runs CentOS 64 bit on a single box with 4GB RAM. The software was tested with 5 full tables (9 x 5 = 45 simultaneous connections) and it passed with flying colors, using less than 1 percent of system resources in terms of CPU and RAM.
HTML5 WebSockets are incredibly efficient to begin with, so you shouldn't need any beefy hardware if your code is tight.

Just had time for a quick pass with it this morning.  um... please make handy a sound-kill switch!
Looks fun... but no players except one in the freechips area

A volume control slider is on my todo list. Thanks!
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 02:27:14 PM

Nothing special server side. Boot52 runs CentOS 64 bit on a single box with 4GB RAM. The software was tested with 5 full tables (9 x 5 = 45 simultaneous connections) and it passed with flying colors, using less than 1 percent of system resources in terms of CPU and RAM.
HTML5 WebSockets are incredibly efficient to begin with, so you shouldn't need any beefy hardware if your code is tight.

So, assuming 45 people = 1%, then 10% = 450 people? Or about 50 tables? Or, you simply haven't been able to test that many? Could you theoretically accommodate 4500 simultaneous connections on your current hardware, or would that kill it?

I want to do something similar, but I'm hesitant because 1. I'm not really a good coder, 2. I don't know all the different rules of poker.

But I've been winning against FoldBot. Kinda boring since it was on the play money tables though.

boot52 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 12:53:31 PM

So, assuming 45 people = 1%, then 10% = 450 people? Or about 50 tables? Or, you simply haven't been able to test that many? Could you theoretically accommodate 4500 simultaneous connections on your current hardware, or would that kill it?

I haven't tested that many, so I don't know.  I'll consider myself lucky to get just one full table of regulars at this stage, so I'm not going to worry about it. I'll consider the project a success if I make enough to cover hosting costs and whatnot.

I want to do something similar, but I'm hesitant because 1. I'm not really a good coder, 2. I don't know all the different rules of poker.

It's a big project. I've been pecking at the boot52 code for five months now and there's still a lot more to do. It's time and effort, just like everything else. The 'mental poker' concepts y'all have been talking about look interesting. I might take a stab at it one of these days if see enough interest among players.

But I've been winning against FoldBot. Kinda boring since it was on the play money tables though.

The bitcoin version of FoldBot got raked over the coals pretty bad on Sunday. I lost about .7 bitcoins on that promotion. The 'play money' version isn't nearly as fun! I'll be doing another bitcoin FoldBot promotion this Sunday between 12 noon and 6pm EST, so be sure to check that out!

vlees

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 01:17:37 PM

The bitcoin version of FoldBot got raked over the coals pretty bad on Sunday. I lost about .7 bitcoins on that promotion. The 'play money' version isn't nearly as fun! I'll be doing another bitcoin FoldBot promotion this Sunday between 12 noon and 6pm EST, so be sure to check that out!

What % of time were situations with 2 or more players on the same table with foldbot? Because I think that most of the time it was just the same person autobetting 1 chip.

BEEP BEP
boot52 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 06:21:49 PM

What % of time were situations with 2 or more players on the same table with foldbot? Because I think that most of the time it was just the same person autobetting 1 chip.

One guy played heads-up against FoldBot for the first 4 four hours of the promotion, taking down something like 4500 chips uncontested. Autobet would have taken down more, but sometimes he checked it down to the river just out of curiosity I think.  Finally a couple more players showed up which slowed the bleeding a bit. I had the delays set so that the maximum I could loose was 28 chips per minute, which works out to about 20k chips for the entire 12 hour promotion. The same three players were still going strong at midnight when I finally had to shut it down!

Folks, I'll be running the same promo again this Sunday (the 25th) from 12 noon to 6pm EST, so don't miss out!
aksplace

Activity: 602
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 07:10:54 PM

Good luck with your business hopefully it's successful. I also sent you a pm in regards to a initial rating and review article that will be issued.
KingOfSports

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Acc bought - used solely for signature testing

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 07:14:44 PM

One guy played heads-up against FoldBot for the first 4 four hours of the promotion, taking down something like 4500 chips uncontested. Autobet would have taken down more, but sometimes he checked it down to the river just out of curiosity I think.  Finally a couple more players showed up which slowed the bleeding a bit. I had the delays set so that the maximum I could loose was 28 chips per minute, which works out to about 20k chips for the entire 12 hour promotion. The same three players were still going strong at midnight when I finally had to shut it down!

Folks, I'll be running the same promo again this Sunday (the 25th) from 12 noon to 6pm EST, so don't miss out!

Wait a minute, will foldbot be on the real chip tables? This is what I was looking for the other day lol.

Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 03:57:17 AM

FoldBot is always on the play money tables. It is some times on the real money tables. But I haven't had the chance to see it on a real money table.

You should have FoldBot talk. "I am hungry, I will get a donut to eat in 5 minutes." or something. hehehe.

vlees

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:16:28 AM

FoldBot is always on the play money tables. It is some times on the real money tables. But I haven't had the chance to see it on a real money table.

I saw it there once but another player was playing against it and I was lazy. So I entered, kept bluff raising and walked away with 34 more chips or something like that (at the river that other player finally folded).

BEEP BEP
Lizmay

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 03:56:01 PM

I saw it there once but another player was playing against it and I was lazy. So I entered, kept bluff raising and walked away with 34 more chips or something like that (at the river that other player finally folded).

I played that guy for awhile, still ended up with over 800 chips from him and FoldBot.  I don't know if he was bluffing or got lazy.
boot52 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 04:02:09 PM

You should have FoldBot talk. "I am hungry, I will get a donut to eat in 5 minutes." or something. hehehe.

I like it! Or how about some snarky comment after each thrashing? That's good. I'm doing it.
Post your snarky FoldBot comments right here.
Top 5 comments will be added to FoldBots programming for next Sunday's promo!

vlees

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 05:02:48 PM

"I had a pocket royal flush but I didn't want to brag so I folded."

BEEP BEP
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 01:27:55 AM

"You see those 3 aces? I had the last one. But I'm nice so I folded."

(FoldBot must see 3 cards on the table to say this realistically.)

Lizmay

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 05:46:26 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2013, 05:59:43 PM by Lizmay

Snarky comment.  "Remind your mom to pick up some DD baterties for later tonight."
Lizmay

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 11:25:02 PM

"It's no fun when Scotty's got a gun."  And I'm done.  (Somehow I feel like mine are snarkier than the guys?)
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 02:04:30 PM

I keep getting a Connection Closed error on iPad, what does it mean? I want to play poker.
Lizmay

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 04:00:55 PM

I keep getting a Connection Closed error on iPad, what does it mean? I want to play poker.

Hey it's working on my IPAD.  Did you load it up and leave the site?  Mine closes the connection after five minutes of inactivity.  Or if I switch to a diffrent tab Safari sometimes logs me out.  I just reload the page.
boot52 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 06:23:59 PM

Do you get 'connection closed' right away or after some delay? The inactivity timeout is currently set to 300 seconds, but the mobile version of Safari sometimes kicks you out sooner if you switch to a different tab. It could be a settings issue. I'll look into it. Thanks! 

Wait a minute, will foldbot be on the real chip tables? This is what I was looking for the other day lol.

Yes, this Sunday noon-7pm EST FoldBot will be playing on table 5!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: