Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:47:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Disruptive Marketplace - BTC and Mobile Payments  (Read 2533 times)
kloinko1n

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 11:40:25 PM

Zong is centralized, so it can be controlled by Ebay/government/whomever.  It has nothing on Bitcoin.

Average people don't really care that much about "been controlled" by ? and ? and ?.

They do if that control prohibits them from freely using their money.

Controlled currency: Someone else imposes fees on you, tells you when you can pay, how much you can pay, imposes restrictions on who you can pay to, and can even take back money paid to you already.
Don't forget the power of marketing and propaganda. If people are told it's for their own best, or, better yet, for their safety, then they will accept almost anything coming to them.
Look at the sexual harrassment coming from TSA agents. First in airports, soon in bus stations and malls and then on the streets. If you accept that, then I think you accept anything.

With bitcoins all those are irrelevant and unavailable. It's one reason why I think it will always have at least some future.

When 2 people have a bitcoin wallet, money will travel freely between them.
There is nobody to tell you what you can, or can't do with your money. If you have it, you can pay with it to anyone who accepts it.
But people will have fear doing that because 'they' tell them it's dangerous and/or outright forbidden.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
joepie91

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 11:28:39 AM

Zong is centralized, so it can be controlled by Ebay/government/whomever.  It has nothing on Bitcoin.

Average people don't really care that much about "been controlled" by ? and ? and ?.

They do if that control prohibits them from freely using their money.

Controlled currency: Someone else imposes fees on you, tells you when you can pay, how much you can pay, imposes restrictions on who you can pay to, and can even take back money paid to you already.
Don't forget the power of marketing and propaganda. If people are told it's for their own best, or, better yet, for their safety, then they will accept almost anything coming to them.
Look at the sexual harrassment coming from TSA agents. First in airports, soon in bus stations and malls and then on the streets. If you accept that, then I think you accept anything.

With bitcoins all those are irrelevant and unavailable. It's one reason why I think it will always have at least some future.

When 2 people have a bitcoin wallet, money will travel freely between them.
There is nobody to tell you what you can, or can't do with your money. If you have it, you can pay with it to anyone who accepts it.
But people will have fear doing that because 'they' tell them it's dangerous and/or outright forbidden.
One solution: counter-propaganda.

Like my post(s)? 12TSXLa5Tu6ag4PNYCwKKSiZsaSCpAjzpu Smiley
Quote from: hawks5999
I just can't wait for fall/winter. My furnace never generated money for me before. I'll keep mining until my furnace is more profitable.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: