Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:57:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Real info to sign up for exchanges>?  (Read 97 times)
DarkStarCrypt (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:29:38 AM

Ive almost exclusively never used my real name or info on anything internet related like email or forums or anything. except on a few places I've bought items from like where you have no choice.

I was kinda gathering that I need to use my real identity and stuff for signing up. I cant just got by my handle or whatever on these exchanges? is that how it is for all of them or just some of them? what happens if i just give my name as Dark Star. would it matter? It just seems weird since crypto seems to be a lot about protecting identities.

I believe I read the other day that coinbase is sending info to the IRS on clients. thats a bummer!
QFT

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:40:02 AM

You can sign up with bogus information, but you will have a daily withdrawal limit. On some exchanges you can change your info later if you decide to verify.
tukagero

Activity: 994
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:42:28 AM

Exchanges only needs your real information if you want to increase your daily withdrawal limit into 100btc per day, but if you dont need to verify yourself, better not to put your real identity.

darksanya

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 07:51:57 AM

and why such secrecy, if not secret? if you do not hide from government agencies, it's okay if you write a real name. moreover, there are lots of same names.
h0lybyte

Activity: 924
Merit: 511

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:06:07 PM

Yeah it would matter and put you in trouble later if you put alternate of your name or any alias that is different from your original name because after signup you would need to provide real documents that matches the name and other info you did input during signup. Some exchanges like binance don't require id verification for trades upto 2 bitcoin each 24 hours
DarkStarCrypt (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:40:34 AM

yeah OK that makes sense. There's no particular reason. I'm just a big fan of privacy, just wanted to get the lay of the land and see how important or crucial it is. I hope down the line I am make a decent amount of money doing this. Hell if I had followed my gut originally instead of waiting til now I would be filthy rich but alas I didn't. Tis the story of many of Us I am sure. I am worried after reading that coinbase is reporting to the IRS. Thats really one of my main reasons as I don't want my crypto be counted against me if at all possible.

It seems I will have to use my real ID to buy some cryptos in the beginning. Unfortunately I cant mine for beans on this POS. I get about 4 h/s hah real bad. hell my cellphone can hash better than this pos. anyway It seems I can go with coinbase, changelly or coinmama, I know you can try and do random stuff with people on some p2p but like with everything it seems there's a huge % that makes buying hard to swallow. Is that what everyone who doesn't mine have had to do? I wish there was a way to buy with like paypal or something
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: