Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:29:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dexter will die, Walter White to jail. Place your bets!  (Read 3026 times)
geofflosophy (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 10:22:37 PM

Just wanted to inform the gambling community of two bets that I put up and got approved on BitBet.us (links are referral links):

The title character will die on Dexter Season 8
The TV show Dexter's final season will include the certain death of its title character, Dexter Morgan. Bet will resolve at Yes only if character's corpse is actually depicted.

Breaking Bad's Walter White will die/go to jail in the final season
The character Walter White will either die or receive a jail sentence and be imprisoned in the final season of the TV show Breaking Bad. Bet will resolve at yes only if character's corpse is depicted and/or a jail sentence is explicitly made and White is depicted in custody.

I bet yes on Walter White, but abstained from Dexter. Discussion of said topics also welcome. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JakeMC

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 12:02:42 AM

Walter White doesn't go to jail...

Watch the first three minutes of S5E1..

Goes to show he lives to be 51 (maybe 52, correct me if I'm wrong) and a free man.   Failing to see why so many people are forgetting / forgot about that scene.
geofflosophy (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 12:10:33 AM

I remember him buying a BFG in the opening scene at a bar, but don't remember what you're referring to...
addi

Activity: 626
Merit: 500

https://satoshibet.com

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 12:31:13 AM

I remember him buying a BFG in the opening scene at a bar, but don't remember what you're referring to...

If i recall correctly first scene was a 1 year flashforward, celebrating his birthday at that gas station restaurant

JakeMC

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 12:48:09 AM

If i recall correctly first scene was a 1 year flashforward, celebrating his birthday at that gas station restaurant

Correct.  Proving he doesn't die or go to jail (and it was Dennys, lol)..

Unless they do a MASSIVE fast-forward in the next 8 epsiodes which I doubt they would considering he was 50-51 in episodes 1-45.  I doubt in the next 8 he'll go from newly 51-52.

You don't pay close attention to detail.
geofflosophy (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 12:57:55 AM

Unless they do a MASSIVE fast-forward in the next 8 epsiodes which I doubt they would considering he was 50-51 in episodes 1-45.  I doubt in the next 8 he'll go from newly 51-52.

Well that's a pretty douchy thing to say considering it was like a year ago that the episode came out. You sound pretty confident, you should bet 'No.' Otherwise go troll elsewhere.
JakeMC

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 01:05:34 AM

Unless they do a MASSIVE fast-forward in the next 8 epsiodes which I doubt they would considering he was 50-51 in episodes 1-45.  I doubt in the next 8 he'll go from newly 51-52.

Well that's a pretty douchy thing to say considering it was like a year ago that the episode came out. You sound pretty confident, you should bet 'No.' Otherwise go troll elsewhere.

Not trying to be a douchebag...  Just pointing out the obvious.

Plus if someone's going to bet, they'd know their facts... Especially if they KNOW FOR A FACT they'd win.
geofflosophy (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 01:55:05 AM

Unless they do a MASSIVE fast-forward in the next 8 epsiodes which I doubt they would considering he was 50-51 in episodes 1-45.  I doubt in the next 8 he'll go from newly 51-52.

Not trying to be a douchebag...  Just pointing out the obvious.

Plus if someone's going to bet, they'd know their facts... Especially if they KNOW FOR A FACT they'd win.

There also was a big flashforward at the end of the first half of the season when Walter stacked up all of that cash. If he wasn't going to have to fight for his life, then why did he buy that huge ass gun at the beginning of the season before the flashback?
geofflosophy (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 02:04:51 AM

Okay just rewatched the first scene of S05E01 on Netflix, he does do the 52 in the bacon, but 1) we have no sense of how far in the future it is, only that it's in the future, and 2) the date matches the date on his fake ID that he shows the waitress, there is no evidence that it is the same birthday as his real birthday. What there is evidence of is that he buys a big ass gun with no explanation as to why. Clearly he's about to have some kind of a showdown, he could easily die in the final episode of series.
JakeMC

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 03:44:37 AM

Okay just rewatched the first scene of S05E01 on Netflix, he does do the 52 in the bacon, but 1) we have no sense of how far in the future it is, only that it's in the future, and 2) the date matches the date on his fake ID that he shows the waitress, there is no evidence that it is the same birthday as his real birthday. What there is evidence of is that he buys a big ass gun with no explanation as to why. Clearly he's about to have some kind of a showdown, he could easily die in the final episode of series.

As stated, episodes (roughly) 1-45 were his ages 50-51.

From my point-of-view, I don't think he dies or goes to jail.

It isn't concrete evidence, but it suggests that.

You're right in that the only flash-forward we've seen is him doing his weekly shenanigans.

But I doubt they'd be able to go from 51-52 in the final 8 episodes, however, it is possible.

But VERY unlikely.
Mooshire

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 04:06:15 AM

I'm laughing so hard at OP trying to keep his bets alive.

geofflosophy (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 04:09:46 AM

As stated, episodes (roughly) 1-45 were his ages 50-51.

From my point-of-view, I don't think he dies or goes to jail.

It isn't concrete evidence, but it suggests that.

You're right in that the only flash-forward we've seen is him doing his weekly shenanigans.

But I doubt they'd be able to go from 51-52 in the final 8 episodes, however, it is possible.

But VERY unlikely.

It is very rare that any series ends with the protagonist dying, but if there is one to do it, either of these two would certainly be at the top of my list. Either way, you are absolutely fooling yourself if you think that the first scene is any indication that he lives; just like in the first season with the foreshadowing with the pool, the plot line will definitely coincide with the flashforward before it's all said and done. Even if you're right that the timing is off, he could have intentionally done the 52 on the birthday of his fake ID for the purpose of having an alibi for something else, or any number of other reasons. It is honestly MORE unlikely that his fake ID birthday is the same as his real birthday than him dying.

In any case, I appreciate the discussion; can't wait for the final eight episodes!

@Mooshire

Nothing has killed either bet yet...
Jericho

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 04:28:31 AM

Interesting reading the discussion, I'm a huge BB fan.
Atruk

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 09:24:27 AM

Why? They actually seem like interesting bets.

vlees

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 10:03:21 AM

I agree.

Also about a protagonist dying in a tv series -> Why not, it would fit into both series (getting arrested/killed where killed would be the better decision IMO)

BEEP BEP
addi

Activity: 626

https://satoshibet.com

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 11:18:50 AM

If anyone wants to bet Walter White dies at the end of this season, I'm willing to give 2:1.

geofflosophy (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 11:43:21 AM

If anyone wants to bet Walter White dies at the end of this season, I'm willing to give 2:1.

2:1 sounds very good to me. I might be willing to bet another 0.2 BTC on it if like the bet listed, you include jail as a winning outcome as well. Dexter will not go to jail, no way. WW would go to jail before he dies given the option.
geofflosophy (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 11:48:36 AM

I agree.

Also about a protagonist dying in a tv series -> Why not, it would fit into both series (getting arrested/killed where killed would be the better decision IMO)

It would have fit into House, or the Sopranos, or any season of 24 to name a few. Producers just don't like doing it. For what it's worth, Bryan Cranston thinks WW will die: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT1gtOldpAo
sevenVII

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 05:40:54 PM

I'm intrigued enough by the concept that I would be tempted to play, and yet I don't want to click any links to do a bit of research because I don't want spoilers.. Argh, quite the dilemma. Sad
geofflosophy (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 06:04:17 PM

I'm intrigued enough by the concept that I would be tempted to play, and yet I don't want to click any links to do a bit of research because I don't want spoilers.. Argh, quite the dilemma. Sad

Series like these they keep the ending under wraps until the very last minute, shooting multiple alternative endings so even the cast doesn't know which one is real. All spoilers would be mere speculation I think.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: