Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 03:28:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bettor place a 40,000 (AUD?) bet on Nick Kyrgios to win the Australian Open  (Read 75 times)
junoreactor (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:57:37 AM

https://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php?threads/man-bets-40k-on-kyrgios-to-win-ao.607021/

Circa $800,000 of potential winning.

For those who don't know about Nick Kyrgios, he is very talented but also the ultimate head case, one of the few players I would never trust to win anything, but well le'ts see Smiley

Nick Kyrgios will land one punter close to $1m if he wins the Australian Open.Picture: AAP
Tennis
Aus Open Confidential: Whopping bet on Nick Kyrgios to win Open could land punter close to $1 million
Staff writers, News Corp AustraliaJanuary 2, 2018 8:03PM
A WHOPPING bet on Nick Kyrgios to win this month’s Australian Open has left bookmakers stunned, with one ambitious punter facing a near-million dollar payout if the Aussie young gun does the unthinkable.

While Kyrgios can beat anyone in the world on his day, he’s yet to show the kind of consistency required to win a slam and didn’t make it past the second round last year.

That hasn’t stopped one punter unloading on the 22-year-old in a stunning show of faith, outlaying a whopping $40,000 on his to win the title at with sportsbet.com.au at odds of $21.

The punter will be paid out $840,000 if Kyrgios can became the first Australian champion at Melbourne Park since Mark Edmondson in 1976 — a tidy 800k profit.

“This bet totally took us by surprise. Kyrgios has the weapons to win a Grand Slam, but that’s about it really. Best of luck to the punter…..I think they’ll need it,” saidsportsbet.com.au’s Christian Jantzen.

Roger Federer ($3.25) is a firming favourite to win this year’s tournament ahead of world No.1 Rafael Nadal ($4.50), Novak Djokovic ($6) and young gun Alexander Zverev ($10).
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1661

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:35:35 AM

That guy is crazy, LOL. Nick Kyrgios is a huge underdog to win the AO. The only logical explanation that I can think of is that the guy wants to see a Australian to with AO in 2018. I checked Nick record's on AO last year and it looks like he only gotten on the 2nd round.

I believed that the guy has talent, but sometimes he has the tendency to lose focus and have some attitude problems as well. He is still young and others have really saw some potential in him. But I guess the needs to mature more, and with that said I don't think that he will win this year AO and goodluck to the guy who bet on him. Grin

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████