Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:35:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][I0C] Resurrection, memory problems and instabilitiy fixed!  (Read 22804 times)
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 02:14:24 PM

That is silly, it was never dead, it is just that a lot of miners have been too lazy to run their own merged mining setups so have been missing out on most of the merged mined coins.

If you chose not to throw RAM at it that is your choice, don't go all dog in the manger / sour grapes now just because others were willing to spend resources to keep on mining.

Sounds like you probably also are not mining GRouPcoin, CoiLedCoin, and GeistGeld, too?

GeistGeld in particular is in the same boat that I0Coin was: they both exposed a resource cost of merged mining that all merged mined coins will eventually face. It has now been fixed in I0Coin and hopefully the fix will soon be applied to GeistGeld too, then hopefully also eventually to all the merged mined coins before they start to suffer as much as I0Coin and GeistGeld did.

Those who have thrown resources at keeping those coins alive have done all merged mined coins a service by continuing to keep at least some small amount of awareness on the memory problems all such coins are going to have to eventually deal with.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xorxor

Activity: 476
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:55:34 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2013, 03:07:18 PM by xorxor

That is silly, it was never dead, it is just that a lot of miners have been too lazy to run their own merged mining setups so have been missing out on most of the merged mined coins.

If you chose not to throw RAM at it that is your choice, don't go all dog in the manger / sour grapes now just because others were willing to spend resources to keep on mining.

Sounds like you probably also are not mining GRouPcoin, CoiLedCoin, and GeistGeld, too?

GeistGeld in particular is in the same boat that I0Coin was: they both exposed a resource cost of merged mining that all merged mined coins will eventually face. It has now been fixed in I0Coin and hopefully the fix will soon be applied to GeistGeld too, then hopefully also eventually to all the merged mined coins before they start to suffer as much as I0Coin and GeistGeld did.

Those who have thrown resources at keeping those coins alive have done all merged mined coins a service by continuing to keep at least some small amount of awareness on the memory problems all such coins are going to have to eventually deal with.

-MarkM-

There is completely no difference why coin was abandoned by 99.9% of cryptos users.

-intentional scam
-resource hog, not repaired in time
-price crash
-bad difficulty adjustment algorithm [high diff halt, resonance, zero diff drop, <50% timetravel attack]
-51% attack
-security hole

Effect is allways the same after 2 years.
Freemining , effectively identical to monsterous premine.

keeping the chain alive on few private PC's is not keeping the coin alive.
Coin is the comunity, not only blockchain:
-developers and their continuous support
-services
-investment buying support
-dedicated miners and pools
-exchanges and trading volume.

When all this died to ZERO, keeping the blockchain itself alive at zero diff is not keeping the coin alive, it's worse than death.
The fact  that someone can keep the blockchain alive and freemine all the time, is the reason dead coin once is dead for good.

BBQ was considered dead and forgotten for much much shorter period of time, and few guys got to around 1000000BQC just by mining with CPU or few minutes a day on GPU.

I don't mean the blockchaint is dead, the coin is. if blockchain is alive, you can try to resurrect coin.
If you find enough suckers to buy in all the dumping freemine, it might be a success.

I just believe everybody should know about Premine, instamine or in this case : freemine of a 66%  of all coins ever to be mined.

Earlier I stated 25%, but I was fooled by a bad maths done in the code :

Code:
// Subsidy is cut in half every 218750 blocks, which will occur approximately every 4 years
    nSubsidy >>= (nHeight / 218750);

return nSubsidy + nFees;
}

static const int64 nTargetSpacing = 90;    //1.5 minute blocks

How the heck 218750 of 1.5 minute blocks is 4 years?
that is halving every ~228 days

and that means,  I0Coin aka I66Coin with 66% freemine is 2 place most "preallocated" coin in the history , ex-aequo with orbitcoin's 66% instamine.
The most preallocated coin was MMM with 10Trillon premined and 0.01 reward ....

fuck deeponion, fuck bitcoincash, all glory to one BITCOIN
xorxor

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:13:24 PM

Oh, one big difference:

all of the things like:

-hidden off-forum launch
-premine
-launch without binaries or nodes given
-instamine
-zero starting diff

all are simply a SCAM!!!! intentional try to steal from investors.

while You and few others that kept all dead mergemined coins did nothing wrong:

-all the time You allways stated that you are mining them
-all the time You tried to find new miners and users and gave help to do so.

so You are fair.

there is no difference to anyone trying to join now though :C

pyra-proxy

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:14:43 PM

Quote from: xorxor
Oh, one big difference:

all of the things like:

-hidden off-forum launch
-premine
-launch without binaries or nodes given
-instamine
-zero starting diff

all are simply a SCAM!!!! intentional try to steal from investors.

while You and few others that kept all dead mergemined coind did nothing wrong:

-all the time You allways stated that you are mining them
-all the time You tried to find new miners and users and gave help to do so.

so You are fair.

there is no difference to anyone trying to join now though :C

It wasn't "freemined" though, just because you were not mining it, others were and it cost them to do so.  I mined this chain on bitparking all the way up to the point where it was dropped and if vircurex can recover it's old wallets I have quite a few saved there otherwise my old coin are obliterated.  So ya it'd be advatageous for me to start from block 0, but that is not fair to those who spent time/resources on this chain when I chose not too.

Why do you want it to be more "fair" for you over those who stuck with the coin prior to it being fixed?

purelithium

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 04:30:21 PM

People seem to be getting butthurt over the fact that they can't "get in on the ground level" on this coin like most of the other new offerings on the forum.

This is just an old coin coming back, it's not intended to "scam" anyone, certain people were willing to deal with the issues of the old client, now those issues are being fixed, and released to the wider public to decide if they want to support this piece of cryptocoin history, or not.

I tweeted Cryptsy last night to see if they would support the coin again. The reply was that they would research it. Maybe an exchange onboard with the resurrection?!

Like my post? 1H7bfRYh7F89mfmFgsRCdn4awDaUHQmYqY
xorxor

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 04:33:30 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2013, 04:48:55 PM by xorxor

It wasn't "freemined" though, just because you were not mining it, others were and it cost them to do so.  I mined this chain on bitparking all the way up to the point where it was dropped and if vircurex can recover it's old wallets I have quite a few saved there otherwise my old coin are obliterated.  So ya it'd be advatageous for me to start from block 0, but that is not fair to those who spent time/resources on this chain when I chose not too.

Why do you want it to be more "fair" for you over those who stuck with the coin prior to it being fixed?

Let's start with :  not for me. I care for others that might want to partipate. I will not participate in 66% preallocated coind so I dont care "for me"
Even if blockchain would have been restarted, I would not participate - I don't have a single asic so all sha256 coins are not for me to mine.

next:  I dont get your ethics, "fair for them, or fair for me, or fair for you."

All three are UNFAIR in my understanding and fair for everyone is the only fair I know.

-there is nothing bad in mining dead coin just in case , it's smart thing do.

- there are no resources used to do it, its dead so there is zero diff, you get everything for free. and here we talk about mergemined coins so this would be free anyway.

xorxor

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 04:36:47 PM

People seem to be getting butthurt over the fact that they can't "get in on the ground level" on this coin like most of the other new offerings on the forum.

This is just an old coin coming back, it's not intended to "scam" anyone, certain people were willing to deal with the issues of the old client, now those issues are being fixed, and released to the wider public to decide if they want to support this piece of cryptocoin history, or not.

I tweeted Cryptsy last night to see if they would support the coin again. The reply was that they would research it. Maybe an exchange onboard with the resurrection?!

Yea. You call it butthurt, I call it :

"ONE OF THE MOST PREMINED COINS IN HISTORY "

If you just simply ignored my warning , it would just stay there . trying to say I'm wrong is a bad thing for You.

just leave it.

P.S.

I Dont have any agenda against I0Coin, if it will pick up on exchanges and some BTC pools start to mergemine it and not a single one of the freemine guys dumps his coins, it wil be alive again in no time.   No problem for me. Just warned some before buying.

SirMintALot

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

In POS we trust

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 05:38:43 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2013, 05:53:48 PM by SirMintALot

IMHO premined is a wrong term in this case, as the coin was never dead and the "preminined" coins are in many hands, and not just the "developers". It's just a nice little extra that you get and that costs you nothing when you are on a merged mined pool that supports I0coin.

BTC: 142BHpdq4wey7PC3Cp5QiUoshF19u3yvHN LTC: LbiEUDYjohwpXnv1Gd4LvdGr1Jr1M5Usjc NMC: N3eeYkWqeLFWBJRmS3WyU1zz6WgKkjEVtb
IXC: xtR8uc2EFGWFJgrVEgZZ5yvRsWKhwAg8ZH DVC: 18oVWfSqHjvhJEuHHxsDpCfBeDMuLWyh5p CLR: CGZGWW16sooX69PJBEtJH2Xmo4KFupkow7
PPC: PLJ5uzFw21FkKdSrmfccT3MqubSfSB4soE YAC: Y7FM89AiFhWKBcXh2BzzRaw4eUAYkreXbs LBW: 5ygEWM7dMjeUV2sBeppTvkTTXCkeREKqf2
I0C: jatiogvXJYhK7auegbjPnQRV3kQgFvz482 JPU: JE7fhhPfP1Kjyd1hj8zevNsf7THeMqHo6A NVC: 4Hvecu2fzC2rCwYbKBeYXr8y9pdAZLFZHH
xorxor

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:54:49 PM

IMHO premined is a wrong term in this case, as the coin was never dead and the "preminined" coins are in many hands, and not just the "developers". It's just a nice little extra that you get and that costs you nothing when you are on a merged mined pool that supports I0coin.

of course it is not a standart premine, read the whole thread.

I used terms: "preallocation" and "freemining" .

actually in this case : " [ANN][I0C] Resurrection" 66% of coins where mined BEFORE annoucement for free, so you can call it premine.

mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 07:35:18 PM

Anyone who kept the faith and continued mining it for months after it died deserve to have their faith rewarded imo.
xorxor

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 07:58:00 PM

Anyone who kept the faith and continued mining it for months after it died deserve to have their faith rewarded imo.

yup, there is nothing wrong or immoral in doing that, especially that markm talked about it everywhere he could. That was a smart thing to do.

For anyone to buy into this market, they should know they are buying into coin that 66% is already owned by few guys. It still might be a huge success, but they should know.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2013, 08:12:09 PM

Actually vast amounts of this coin were mined on bit parking pool long ago at difficulties too high for me to get many of tm.

Once bitparking dropped it the difficulty did eventually get low but still even mining it through all the time since bitparking dropped it I doubt i have anywhere near as many of them as any large miner who got them while they were on bitparking.

IXCoin stayed on bitparking all along, all that this relatively brief time of I0Coin not being on bitparking has done is let me catch up a little so I actually have more I0Coins than IXCoins now, I still do not have many of either through compared to any actually large miner who mines at bitparking.

Already bitparking is getting most of the blocks too, so it won't be long before the large miners there more than make up for the few coins they missed out on the months it has been off the pool due to the memory problems.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
xorxor

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 08:18:46 PM

Actually vast amounts of this coin were mined on bit parking pool long ago at difficulties too high for me to get many of tm.

Once bitparking dropped it the difficulty did eventually get low but still even mining it through all the time since bitparking dropped it I doubt i have anywhere near as many of them as any large miner who got them while they were on bitparking.

IXCoin stayed on bitparking all along, all that this relatively brief time of I0Coin not being on bitparking has done is let me catch up a little so I actually have more I0Coins than IXCoins now, I still do not have many of either through compared to any actually large miner who mines at bitparking.

Already bitparking is getting most of the blocks too, so it won't be long before the large miners there more than make up for the few coins they missed out on the months it has been off the pool due to the memory problems.

-MarkM-

I can only congratulate You great idea of keeping them in your mergemine collection. If it is allready picking up, You will make a nice return.

purelithium

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 09:11:14 PM

of course it is not a standart premine, read the whole thread.

I used terms: "preallocation" and "freemining" .

actually in this case : " [ANN][I0C] Resurrection" 66% of coins where mined BEFORE annoucement for free, so you can call it premine.

What are you talking about? This coin has been in the wild for 2 years now, many coins were mined by solo miners, merge miners, and pools. Exchanges supported this coin, the only reason it fell out of favour is because of issues in the client that was abandoned by the developers. A few individuals have decided to update and fix a stagnant project in order to make it useful again. It didn't die; people just gave up because it wasn't working for them anymore. Rather, that it was too much of a hassle for them to keep it running.

I'm not sure what "Announcement" you're talking about, this thread is definitely not the first time this coin has been talked about:

The original thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=36425.0

More:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=194887.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=143512.0  (From this year!)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=55482.0

You're crazy if you think this coin was hidden. No one cared about it because it was frustrating to use the client due to the abandonware. It's now being actively developed again and people are starting to care again.

You say you don't have an agenda against i0coin, but your constant chirping about how it was freemined belies that statement.

xorxor

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 02:33:51 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2013, 12:58:12 PM by xorxor

What are you talking about? This coin has been in the wild for 2 years now, many coins were mined by solo miners, merge miners, and pools. Exchanges supported this coin, the only reason it fell out of favour is because of issues in the client that was abandoned by the developers. A few individuals have decided to update and fix a stagnant project in order to make it useful again. It didn't die; people just gave up because it wasn't working for them anymore. Rather, that it was too much of a hassle for them to keep it running.

I'm not sure what "Announcement" you're talking about, this thread is definitely not the first time this coin has been talked about:

The original thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=36425.0

More:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=194887.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=143512.0  (From this year!)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=55482.0

You're crazy if you think this coin was hidden. No one cared about it because it was frustrating to use the client due to the abandonware. It's now being actively developed again and people are starting to care again.

You say you don't have an agenda against i0coin, but your constant chirping about how it was freemined belies that statement.

You must be shure another post by me will be good for your I0coins... ok, so another one:

"It didn't die; people just gave up because it wasn't working for them anymore"

well, yup. self explanatory. didnt die, just stopped working for most users, EVERY POOL AND EXCHANGE..... yup. not dead at all.

90% of this thread is from 2011, than in 2012 a lot of pages about:
 multiple forking of the chain and failed tries to synchronize
 bugs with difficulty droping to zero and mined thousands of blocks in no time,
 bugs with exeptions and memleaks.
 pools disabling i0coin from mergemining.

This is well known I0C fan ADMITTING the coin is dead and asking if it can be revived.
Also, geting answer that it would be 3rd time, since coin died 3 times after 2 revivals.

this is one page about one guy asking if it can be mined, one page.

this is  bragging about exchange in 2011, one page.

You're crazy if you think this coin was hidden. No one cared about it because it was frustrating to use the client due to the abandonware.

"I am crazy to think coin was hidden" when "NO ONE CARED ABOUT IT" due to client crashing nonstop and no pools or exchanges or nodes

It's now being actively developed again and people are starting to care again.

Thats great! just let them know coin is ~66% mined by now , over a year of it for free at no diff.

Read carefully the thread - I posted only one simple post.  All others are  just answers to attacks on me in person.
I just dont like being acused of being "silly" , "crazy" etc. and im explaining my point.
Attack me again if you wish for another post like this, but I believe that is not a good promotion for your precius i66coin.

p.s.

also, this coin can be fcuk'ed inside-out by any basic coder and <1% attacked  LOL!!!

Code:
     //due to retargets being done more often it also needs to be lowered significantly from the 4x increase

slowed diff increase, but  :

Code:
else if (nActualTimespan > nTargetTimespan*4)   nActualTimespan = nTargetTimespan*4;

left the 4x decrase limit.

you can simply take diff to ZERO at any given moment and orphan any amount of blocks you want, just set the timestamps prearranged way..
- reverse transactions and doublespending
- steal all mining

purelithium

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:29:30 PM

You seem to think i'm lightlord, you're clearly not paying attention.

xorxor

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:59:08 PM

You seem to think i'm lightlord, you're clearly not paying attention.

oh, corrected.  sorry.

BountyCoin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 01:00:06 PM

glad to see this coin come back to life!
rsnel (OP)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 09:04:51 PM

Where do I download the client?
I've compiled a windows binary. It can be found in the 'updates' section of the announcement. Please test it. (note, it has no gui, it's just a system service, to communicate with it you run (in another terminal) "i0coind.exe getinfo", for example, or "i0coind.exe help" to see all commands) In "Application Data" there will be a directory called I0coin, in this directory you will find the file debug.log. See inside to know what i0coind.exe is doing.

Greetings,

Rik.

I've tried those commands but i get an error "'i0coind.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file."
How do I fix that?
How to find out my wallet address?
thanks
Hi skrubalov,

Please try the official windows installer for release 0.8.3-1. You can find it at my i0coin website http://i0coin.snel.it/. It should work out of the box.

Greetings,

Rik.

Maintainer of I0coin: http://i0coin.snel.it/ | SHA256 60GH/s | scrypt 600kH/s
I0coins can be traded on Vircurex, you can use this signup URL and pay less transaction fees.
purelithium

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:47:54 PM

Awesome job on the GUI, looks great and grabbed my wallet file and blockindex perfectly

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: