Bitcoin Forum
July 21, 2024, 02:20:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why people think that Bitcoin Cash (or any other altcoin)will take over Bitcoin?  (Read 138 times)
Nebell (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:38:41 AM

It's just stupid to even think about it.

Can I trade my Waves for Bitcoin Cash? Yes, but I first have to sell it for Bitcoin then use the very same coin to buy Bitcoin Cash.
The same goes for every other altcoin that's "going to overtake Bitcoin".

Bitcoin is not going away as the #1 crypto.
Yes it has high fees, but with Lightning Network coming in 2018, it's going to kill cheap, fast altcoins like RaiBlocks.

BitcoinZ - community driven, no premine, no dev-tax, developers always welcome
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3086664
https://btcz.rocks/
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:40:12 AM

there is a big distinction between thinking it and saying it (and parrots repeating it).

so far i have not seen any valid argument why any of the altcoins have the potential to replace bitcoin. and 100% of the times when someone is making claims it is only when they are bag-holding said altcoin and want it to get pumped.

and the funniest part is that altcoins that are mostly advertised as bitcoin "competition" have worst scaling issues than bitcoin! for example bitcoin cash issue is so much worse. 8 MB is too much for today. everything becomes harder if blocks were full. running node, verifying transactions, UTXO growth, syncing your node, ... and it kills smaller miners or those who have slower internet and centralizes even mining. and what is the gain? ~16000 tx per block instead of ~2000?

now compare LN. it still keeps the decentralization, in creates incentive for people to run a full node and LN hubs and what is the gain? limitless number of transactions!

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Branko

Activity: 2534
Merit: 321

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:55:54 AM

Decentralized exchanges allowing any coin pars will kill that part of BTC dependancy...of
course that alone won't kill BTC, but will destroy big part of its value
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:09:56 PM

Why people think that Bitcoin Cash (or any other altcoin)will take over Bitcoin?

Because they're bagholders who missed out on the bitcoin choo-choo train. Think about it: pretty much nobody is going to get insanely rich off getting into bitcoin at such a late stage so many people look for the next best thing to try get into early before it takes off. People have seen it happen with Litecoin and Ethereum and now to some extent with Ripple and they want in on the action. To do this they have to demonize or put down bitcoin and promote whatever shitcoin they have bought into cheaply in an attempt to pump up the price to get rich quick. Bitcoin has it's flaws but 99% of alt coins offer very little and are mostly just trying to find a niche market just so they can dump them for fiat at some point so they can buy their Lamborghinis  Grin.
Bergluft

Activity: 161
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:22:36 PM

Two big issues I have with Bitcoin is 1) its energy inefficiency which is just not acceptable in times of climate change and 2) its high transaction fees.

Are there chances that these two issues will be solved in the near future?

Ah yeah.
Valuyet

Activity: 168
Merit: 29

Digital Wealth Management Platform

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 12:47:06 PM

Because Bitcoin cannot fulfill the promises and the description itself on how cryptocurrency would be used as a real cryptocurrency.
Bitcoin has a very limited supply that limits the circulation and though it is one of the most expensive coin in the market, using it as a payment for products and services isn't wise due to network congestion and you'll need to wait longer hours or even days to complete the transaction.
There's a lot of Altcoins that could beat Bitcoin's capabilities but Bitcoin is indeed a giant but I think it's not always the most promising currency that the world needs to.

Valuyet

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 12:51:29 PM

Two big issues I have with Bitcoin is 1) its energy inefficiency which is just not acceptable in times of climate change and 2) its high transaction fees.

Indeed, there's a lot of cryptocurrencies that could beat Bitcoin in any aspects like transaction speed and fees. That's why Bitcoin would never be able to be used as regular payment for products and services rather than an asset like an expensive Gem, just invest, keep it then sell if the value increases. And that's all...

lokinator

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:59:15 PM

I don't really think anyone who legitimately knows about or follows cryptos thinks or has verbalized that Bitcoin Cash or any other altcoin will "take over" Bitcoin.

Who cares about what the ignorant folks say? That's like asking my grandma (when she was alive) what the knock in my engine on my car means. She will probably have something to say about it, but she sure didn't know a thing about engines. So why listen or even ask her?

Bitcoin is here to stay. It would take a catastrophic event for bitcoin to lose its spot on the throne.  Wink

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Valuyet

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 12:59:50 PM

Decentralized exchanges allowing any coin pars will kill that part of BTC dependancy...of
course that alone won't kill BTC, but will destroy big part of its value

Bitcoin can be easily beaten if whales and traders will try to eliminate Bitcoin's dominance in the market instead they're gonna support other Altcoins that has huge number of maximum coin cap like Ripple or Dogecoin that could eventually accommodate all kinds of users, investors and market as payment for products and services.
Bitcoin is jist like an expensive stone in the market and not used as fiat.

kaulhyangi

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 01:03:35 PM

Second that. They might get solved someday, but what's sure is that there are some interesting coins out there that solve those issues already.
Valuyet

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 01:05:01 PM

Another reason why Bitcoin struggle to pump this year is because of too many Altcoins, ICOs and there's more to come this year.
In the past year the Crypto-Currency market has listed almost 2,000 different cryptocurrencies, there's too much coins to choose which to invest and some of them are scams.
Young cryptocurrency enthusiasts and investors today don't choose Bitcoin as their future or long-term goals but instead on top Altcoins that would likely has the potential to be the next Bitcoin in the future.

lokinator

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 01:49:30 PM

Another reason why Bitcoin struggle to pump this year is because of too many Altcoins, ICOs and there's more to come this year.
In the past year the Crypto-Currency market has listed almost 2,000 different cryptocurrencies, there's too much coins to choose which to invest and some of them are scams.
Young cryptocurrency enthusiasts and investors today don't choose Bitcoin as their future or long-term goals but instead on top Altcoins that would likely has the potential to be the next Bitcoin in the future.

Wow really dude? "Another reason why Bitcoin struggle to pump this year" -- When you say that I am assuming you are referring to last year? Since this year started 3 days ago.

Certainly you didn't just say Bitcoin struggled to pump last year -- I'd say going from around $950 in January to $17,000 in December would be considered a "pump" ...  Roll Eyes

Also, "your cryptocurrency enthusiasts and investors today" DO choose Bitcoin. Most people who are "young" or new to the crypto world, don't know alts even exists. All they know is that they saw Bitcoin on Forbes or their local news and that they need to buy some.  Roll Eyes

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
nirre55

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:29:25 PM

maybe they think everything that is like btc and appeared later will take the same swift pattern, which is not necessarily in fact
withche.07

Activity: 549
Merit: 259

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:38:17 PM

It is because bitcoin kept growing huge problems. It use as currency is damaged because of high fees and heavy traffic (very low speed). This created hope for all other currencies. But i think btc will be fixed. Nothing including bch will replace.

[]
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███