Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:09:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Proposal] Open Source Crypto Store  (Read 1647 times)
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2013, 05:01:20 AM

One of the biggest problems I think that Bitcoin and all the alt currencies are facing is the complete lack of basic economic services, while the currencies do an incredibly good job of handling basic transactions there is absolutely fuck all support for merchants who are actually going to sell goods to people and help the currencies grow. I've seen some fairly promising stuff come out like bitfreaks digital shop but that only works for Bitcoin. There are the payment gateways sure, but frankly that stuff pisses me off because all they really seem to be is some half-assed plugins for bloatware and SCI clones of each other which barely work for the digital environment to begin with and what makes it worse is they're almost certainly making millions off this. Another sad thing to see is that you have these other sites with some nice, clearly custom made stuff that they paid for but they don't seem keen at all on at least putting up the software for sale.

I have no knowledge of PHP which is why I'm going to see if I can organise an effort to an open source cryptocurrency store released, I have some design ideas I can post to point people in the direction I was thinking and maybe we should offer bounties for people to make something, I don't really care about making it functional for paper currencies but that's why I'd like this store to be open source so people could try on their own if they wanted.

here's a very basic mockup of what I was thinking of:

A lot of these merchant solutions we have now were originally designed for paper money and not for cryptocurrencies, so they go and pester you for personal information etc. when it's not needed and they're not friendly to digital products which just pisses me off, we need to get something made just for cryptocurrencies.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: