Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:41:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Paying TOP DOLLAR for BTC--$18 per BTC, WTB 20 BTC (PayPal, Dwolla, money order)  (Read 1505 times)
beginningbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 05:24:11 PM

I want to buy 20 BTC and I need the money fast, and as such I will pay TOP DOLLAR for it at $18 apiece.

I will pay by PayPal (preferrably not), Dwolla, or USPS money order
EDIT: I will also do Western Union wire and MoneyPak (this will be my first time using either of these services)

Also note that I will not go first!

I underwent trust issues with my first transaction and ended up being scammed $400. That is why. If you are not willing to go first do not contact me.

If you don't have 20 BTC (i.e. if you only have 15) that is ok, I can just get 5 BTC separately from someone else, but I am requiring the minimum sale to be 10 BTC (so that way I don't have to do 10 transactions each 2 BTC)

PM me if you are interested!

I've only done one transaction before but it was a successful transaction for 16.78 BTC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MDKing

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 06:19:19 PM

Scammed out of $400, By whom? Did you report it on bitcoin-OTC? What were the details surrounding the transaction.

I have to ask those questions because it's very easy for people to make claims of being scammed purely so they can go first and scam others. Please provide details on your transaction.
beginningbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 07:26:15 PM

I had deposited $400 into my MtGox account to buy some coins and then someone hacked into my account and transferred the money into his Dwolla account. So now I am only going to do P2P.
mizike29

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 08:31:14 PM

I can sell you some, but going first is going to be tough sale for anyone.  We are on this forum so you can easily post if I scammed you.  I will not scam you, you send the money and I will send the coins its that simple.  I can also show you my ebay rating and information where you can see I have sold bitcoins on ebay with no problems and good feedback and my overall ebay feedback shows I have been a seller and buyer for years and always have positive comments.  Let me know.

MDKing

Activity: 80

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 10:21:14 PM

I had deposited $400 into my MtGox account to buy some coins and then someone hacked into my account and transferred the money into his Dwolla account. So now I am only going to do P2P.

Well if you change your mind about going first I can certainly sell you some BTCs. See my thread, http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=24500.0
Tronlet

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 07, 2011, 11:53:43 PM

Sorry, but this just reeks of a scam. Who was it that you did a successful transaction with? You're overpaying, and it sounds like you're just trying to get someone to be excited at the possibility of a great deal, and get tricked.

Want to believe you (most of all it's a great deal), but why should I?

SmokeAndMirrors

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 12:02:17 AM

I'm tempted to send you the 20 BTC assuming you'll use it to hire a couple men to dig a hole for you to bury yourself in. rat...

Help Bitcoins by buying clothes, technology, books, etc. through people/stores that accept BTC. This will increase overall value of BTC as well as mitigate unnecessary bank transaction fees.

My address -
1EM9HGg1SEa5Bux1rVEPxGqGSfNTTc9EkC
vragnaroda

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 12:04:51 AM

Really? Is that the best you could come up with? Try harder, scammer.
GimEEE

Activity: 112

Ride or Die

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2011, 03:46:46 PM

I was tempted to reply after initially seeing this post. For generally the reasons everyone else has, but with no intent of actually doing business.
But then a sick thought came to me. . .
Maybe if nobody else (after mdking clearly pointed out the BS) responded here then this thread would die and stop going back up to the top of the list.

Obviously not a viable option, since this is such a crazy post for multiple reasons, too good of a bait for replies.

If someone has never been scammed, it is probably not worth the trouble to protect them from gaining the valuable practical knowledge that scammers exist and they should learn to differentiate an obviously scam poster like this and legitimate traders.

Of course, it might be worth paying and trusting an intermediary (exchanges, etc.) to handle your btc if you're not comfortable discriminating.

The only way to make sure people you agree with can speak is to support the rights of people you don't agree with.
Houdini

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 09:27:14 PM

If someone has never been scammed, it is probably not worth the trouble to protect them from gaining the valuable practical knowledge that scammers exist and they should learn to differentiate an obviously scam poster like this and legitimate traders.
Stupid people don't learn from their mistakes and tend to repeat them.
Smart people learn from their mistakes and improve.
WISE people learn from OTHER people's mistakes.
beginningbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 10:00:42 PM

I'm not trying to scam anyone. Please keep the thread on topic guys. If you're interested please PM me or post in this thread, if not please kindly move along.

I'm reducing the price to $16 per BTC. The price has gone down pretty significantly since I've first started the thread in the Newbies section. If you PMd me BEFORE 7/8/2011, I will still sell at $18/BTC to keep my promise. If you PMd me after or on 7/8/2011 it will be $16/BTC.
Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 11:59:04 PM

I'm not trying to scam anyone.

Also note that I will not go first!

I'll sell at $16 if you take http://BTCrow.com. You deposit funds, they get locked in.

I send BTC to your address, and your funds get released to me only if blockexplorer shows a successful transaction. If I fail to send, you get your funds back from the site.

It's foolproof both ways, I can't dispute because I get your funds, and you can't make a dispute because the proof is already in the block chain.

Quote from: BTCrow
BTCrow protects sellers by holding buyer's funds and waiting for confirmation that bitcoins have been transfered.

There isn't really any reason to decline or make excuses about how untrustworthy escrows are, if you're honestly trying to buy coins.
This method will work 100% and is risk free for both parties.

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
zerokwel

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 09:27:55 AM

Thing is.
On here you can see users who have traded and well not scammed anyone. So you can limit your risk by reading users past posts etc. who makes you the offer

I will not do paypal at all. its just 2 much of a risk for anyone

i would do 4btc at 16 to limit my risk and yours but I would want the $$$ first into my Dwolla account as I can prove that I have traded with members and paid them back on the forums and got users who will vouch for me.

but like say you want someone to do 15 at lest and go first.. Good luck with that

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: