Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:32:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!  (Read 167 times)
HAH888 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:34:16 AM

Hi there - I am so stressed out writing this message hoping someone might be able to help me. I have always saved bitcoins in Nano Ledger wallet and it has been fine. Today I opened up my wallet and was shocked to find that the balance is "0". All the transaction records were also disappeared. My hands are shaking writing this message and I hope it is some kind of technical error. I am not sure how the safest way to store bitcoins can lead to this. I have contacted the supplier in London. There is no contact number and so I emailed them waiting for their reply. Other than that, I have no where to turn to. Not sure who can help me, or point me to the right direction.  I would really appreciate your help if you could shed some lights for me. Best, Roxanne

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
X7
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:35:50 AM

Not sure why this is in poll format?

https://ledger.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005198485-Hardware-wallets-FAQ
https://ledger.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
mafridi

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:44:25 AM

could be some software glitch. try opening it with another app ...for example a guy wallet showed zero bitcoin on chrome app but electrum showed the full amount..

probably you should have posted the request in the help section. I hope this reply doesn't get me banned on my first day here.
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 12:06:51 PM

Hi there - I am so stressed out writing this message hoping someone might be able to help me. I have always saved bitcoins in Nano Ledger wallet and it has been fine. Today I opened up my wallet and was shocked to find that the balance is "0". All the transaction records were also disappeared. My hands are shaking writing this message and I hope it is some kind of technical error. I am not sure how the safest way to store bitcoins can lead to this. I have contacted the supplier in London. There is no contact number and so I emailed them waiting for their reply. Other than that, I have no where to turn to. Not sure who can help me, or point me to the right direction.  I would really appreciate your help if you could shed some lights for me. Best, Roxanne

Why do you have a poll? I'm confused. I think you probably just have a software malfunction. Take a breather, and try again. I am assuming you brought your ledger from a credible supplier.Go to the ledger support on their website as well. They might be able to help you.
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 05:14:42 PM

This is (most probably) just a network/display issue. Did you already try to hit the refresh button several times (5+)? Sometimes this resolves the display bug.
You could also try to delete the cache of your chrome app: Settings -> Tools -> Reset application data
If this doesn't work out, reinstalling the chrome app is probably the last thing you can do. If that doesn't work ledgers server are probably having an issue atm (or your connection to them is broken).
Additionally you could use a block explorer[1] to check the balance of one of your addresses (as long you remember / can find an address used) to make sure your coins are still stored safely and are untouched.

[1] e.g. https://www.blocktrail.com/, https://live.blockcypher.com/btc/ or https://blockchain.info/

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:21:45 AM

No, your transaction records cannot disappear, but if a wallet had a hard result and there were no records in the "new wallet" then certainly the balance would be zero. From this I think we deduct that you are not looking at the wallet in the Nano which holds your funds.

Is there some way this is possible?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4623

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 04:04:13 AM

Do you still have the 24 recovery words? I assume you wrote those down and stored them somewhere safe?

You have a lot more options if you still have those words.

If you don't have those words, you'll need to be VERY careful not to do anything that will result in the Ledger being re-set.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: