Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:53:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: which is best destop wallet for bitcoin ??  (Read 262 times)
goku19

Activity: 395
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:50:12 PM

Electrum without any doubt is the best desktop wallet according to me...because its very less complicated than others and has all the features and the security in it...it doesnt require to download all the blockchain data
sonali2015 (OP)

Activity: 101
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:13:26 AM

I use Blockchain. info bitcoin wallet service,
I found it safe and so far i have no problem about it
I know about blockchain and coinbase but want to use destop wallet.Thanks to giving your valuable information
sonali2015 (OP)

Activity: 101
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:26:26 AM

Now i am only use coinbase and blockchain wallet but i want to about destop wallet  and use it.So anybody help me please and give me correct direction?
I think blockchain wallet and coinbase wallet are best. You can use. Even i also used this wallets. As well as you can us coins.ph wallet.

Don't mislead a newbie. He is asking for desktop wallets and not an exchange wallet.

And why coins.ph being mentioned here. Only PH users will able to fully enjoy coins.ph services and features. But the bottom line, we aren't talking about exchange wallet here.

To OP: I suggest Electrum too since from downloading, installing and setting it up will just consumed few minutes of your life. Refer to previous posts above or here:

A Beginner's Guide to the Electrum Bitcoin Wallet

How to Setup Electrum and Receive Bitcoins

Tutorial – How to setup the Electrum bitcoin wallet
Thanks and you understand my problem and giving solluation .I heard only  Electrum wallet but donot idea about it .
multic2012

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:08:53 PM

The safest and most secure wallets are cold wallets!You yourself are going to be their bitcoins.That's about Electrum wrote in this thread,probably the very fact of my opinion, and I myself use
thinkme1st

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 09:00:49 PM

You should try Electrum.

gtr28

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 08:01:14 PM

Now i am only use coinbase and blockchain wallet but i want to about destop wallet  and use it.So anybody help me please and give me correct direction?

I recommend Electrum. Because the Electrum is the most popular desktop based wallet in the bitcoin community. And it gets high marks for its ease of use and user interface, but the real reason it's the best bitcoin wallet for desktop is its safety and reliability while many online wallets and online exchanges don't give you ultimate control of your private key (which gives you access to your bitcoin).
deathwish

Activity: 123

Enjoy the journey...Live in the now...Future will

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 05:36:04 AM

I'm surprised that no one mentioned Coinomi... When I was looking for wallets. In another thread for the same question... most people suggested Coinomi and I got one based on that.
Not one suggested Coinomi though ... Isn't it good anymore ??

ankurguta87

Activity: 364
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 12:20:52 PM

Electrum is one of the most robust, effective and secure desktop wallets out there. Also it’s open source, meaning many people have taken part in reviewing and composing the code. This reduces the chance of malicious code inside the software to practically zero.
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:47:42 PM

I'm surprised that no one mentioned Coinomi... When I was looking for wallets. In another thread for the same question... most people suggested Coinomi and I got one based on that.
Not one suggested Coinomi though ... Isn't it good anymore ??

Coinomi can be convinient to store multiple altcoins "safe". However their code is not opensource and their appliaction is only available for android. OP asked about bitcoin wallet if I am not mistaken so from my knowledge electrum if we talk about software wallets because it supports many platforms and is opensource + secure in some way.

Coinomi doesn't support LN at least from this point in time, I think they will add it in future. It gives you the power to change fees / sweep paper wallets etc. But as I said it's not opensource plus you have to take into consideration that mobile wallets shouldn't ever be your main ones. We know that many people find this to be convenient option and as most of people use some kind of smart phone there are many breachins , hacks, viruses that can be associated with android and nobody can guarantee you that it is secure system over all. Many users means more people will search around to break in. We haven't seen yet that some people lost their money through these apps, or at least I haven't heard of. But there are some real issues here that for me personally coinomi wouldn't be number 1 wallet where I would want my coins to be stored.
MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 05:23:46 AM

Electrum is on of the most effective and secure desktop wallets out there with wallet encryption and signing/verifying messages.
Exodus is up there too (although not open source) it allows to store quite a variety of altcoins and has a super easy UI.
Finally, Bitcoin Core is a full node BTC wallet, allowing you to independently verify transactions on the network and do not need to trust anyone else in the system.

Although these are some decent options for a desktop wallet, if you plan o hold a large amount of Crypto, it's advisable to check out hardware wallets.

Hope this helps!
ekdahlswart

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 05:02:14 AM

Try EXODUS

It's user-friendly, easy to use, and safe.
p4n71

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:57:40 AM

for your reference, you can check pinned message (posted by lauda)

full detail at this link https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1631151.0
SMSabuj

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

I am a professional Web Designer and Developer

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 02:11:14 PM

Now i am only use coinbase and blockchain wallet but i want to about destop wallet  and use it.So anybody help me please and give me correct direction?

If you are looking for a wallet that supports only bitcoin, you should check electrum out. Why I say this? Because it offers many advanced features as lightweight wallet, this means that you don't have to download blockchain in order to use it, it is more secure than blockchain.info and coinbase alltogether and on top of that electrum supports SegWit & LN network so if other people have wallet that supports LN you can send fast transactions with low fees.

https://electrum.org/#

I don't use Electrum wallet ever. Do you please provide me it features and advantages. Actually, I am searching a very high security, high-speed transaction, and low transaction fee hardware wallet. And somebody advises me to use Electrum like you. Please help me to find out the best hardware wallet.
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 03:43:29 PM

If you are looking for a wallet that supports only bitcoin, you should check electrum out. Why I say this? Because it offers many advanced features as lightweight wallet, this means that you don't have to download blockchain in order to use it, it is more secure than blockchain.info and coinbase alltogether and on top of that electrum supports SegWit & LN network so if other people have wallet that supports LN you can send fast transactions with low fees.

https://electrum.org/#

I don't use Electrum wallet ever. Do you please provide me it features and advantages. Actually, I am searching a very high security, high-speed transaction, and low transaction fee hardware wallet. And somebody advises me to use Electrum like you. Please help me to find out the best hardware wallet.

*sigh*, why did someone bump this 3 month old thread..

Anyway, if you're looking for a "very high security, high-speed transaction, and low transaction fee hardware wallet." then there are basically 2 choices, the Trezor and the Nano Ledger S.

Simply google them to find the key differences between them. Also, whether your transaction has high fees/is confirmed fast has almost nothing to do with the wallet software itself, but rather the state of the mempool and what fees are considered "low" to you.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: