Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:31:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Etherdelta: Is the platform safe now??  (Read 473 times)
Hammonds

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 11:47:29 AM

Yes, it is. But to be safe you must use Metamask or Ledger wallet. Do not import private key directly to ED - it's not safe.
I agree with you, I began to doubt the safety of etherdelta. we must keep our personal wallet so as not to be easily stolen by others. using metamask or ledger is a good choice.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 12:00:46 PM

Yep I think Etherdelta is very safe now but we never know what might happen in the near future so it is better to trade on etherdelta with your hardware wallet like Ledger nano or Trezor. If you don't have theses hardware wallet then you can also use metamask it is an internet browser extension that connect to your etherium account so you can trade on etherdelta without giving them your private key.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:04:20 PM

Is etherdelta now safe to use since it was hacked?

Use it with caution. Sometimes it is unavoidable as the only place to trade smaller ERC20 tokens, but as others have said, don't put your private key on there. Also don't keep more on there than you need for trading - but this is in general a good rule for all exchanges.
josephinerosdy

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:04:59 PM

i'm not sure etherdelta safe or not but if you want to trade on etherdelta is safer used metamask. don't store your private key in etherdelta anymore.
zoata87
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 12:14:43 PM

This project is very interesting and I am waiting for the Alibaba partnership announcement to see the real value of this coin. The team, whitepaper and roadmap are very good. The dev are very active on social media. I think this coin still have a lot of room to grown because they didn't do some PR yet. But be careful when trading  with this coin guys, the rapid grown is very impressive but dont buy this coint at ATH.
dark08

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:53:49 PM

I always use etherdelta to trade my erc token but when I read some news that this trading site are being hacked I stay away from it from almost 1week then recently I try to use it again and deposite my token but I failed to deposite my token they said that I have not enought ethereum but I have eth in my wallet what happen to etherdelta??

Snarks

Activity: 196
Merit: 17

EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:05:47 PM

Even if it's safe, the platform is excruciatingly slow right now. But that's mainly because of the overloaded Ethereum network too I think.

HBKMusiK

Activity: 693
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:08:55 PM

Even if it's safe, the platform is excruciatingly slow right now. But that's mainly because of the overloaded Ethereum network too I think.
The network works very slow because you don't set more gas,watch out on https://ethgasstation.info/ the price of gas right now, also i think EtherDelta is safe right now, i used it and I didn't had any problem.

narukami

Activity: 375
Merit: 100

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:11:49 PM

Etherdelta is safe now and i think it is much better to use it with caution we never knew what problem will come next and also i prefer to use metamask to know if the site is having some fishy pishing and metamask can detect it and also be always cautious

AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Hermes Mercury

Activity: 318
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:13:39 PM

Are EtherDelta safe currently for me there was no problem, the transactions returned to be fast and without problems, the duration with 4 Gwei is between 3 to 4 minutes,
Snarks

Activity: 196
Merit: 17

EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:47:46 PM

The network works very slow because you don't set more gas,watch out on https://ethgasstation.info/ the price of gas right now, also i think EtherDelta is safe right now, i used it and I didn't had any problem.

No, I'm talking about both the EtherDelta website itself as well as the transactions. Both are extremely slow regardless of the amount of gas. When the recommended gas was 21 I set 45 and it still took 3 hours to come through. That's because there was a backlog.

yigitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:53:14 PM

I suggest you stay away from etherdelta. Its awful because it always has delay problems and transfer problems. My ethereum stucked there for 3 days. they make me lose money. You can try binance or bittrex. I just want to leave etherdelta.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: