Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:30:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The one Crypto that isnt based on what Cryptos should be based on, hits #2 mc  (Read 109 times)
SchlaWinner (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

Invent Bacon-Coin and see me HODL

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:14:28 PM

I mean, its good to have a coin that hits new heights and all that, but Ripple is the Banks coin. Sure it might have just the right usability, but FIAT does too, doesnt it?!?

Seeing Ripple somewhere around 20-30c was fine, simply because it feels like it has always been in the crypto world.

But wtf, Ripples current position.. thats like Trump becoming the president of the US. oh wait...

https://i.imgur.com/O6DjGxG.png

Really dont know how to feel about Ripple going insane.

I am too awesome to even do Signature campaigns.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pedropendukot

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:33:32 PM

You are right XRP's position is shocking more and more investors are switch to this centralized coin,what would be the crypto's future if XRP dominates the market? bankers will win again?

CryptoAlphaStar

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:16:19 PM

On what basis we deem Ripple being part of crypto? Just because coinmarketcap listed them? If Ripple wasn't listed there, than it could have been developing as a traditional company on the traditional exchanges and we would have never known about its existence. Its here to suck money out of the crypto world. And a lot of investors doesn't give a shit about the crypto world. They give a shit only about making money.
KwizatzHaderach

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:23:30 PM

Regular people only care about making money, not on some lofty ideals. From what I know, XRP isn't really used for txns. It is just a token with no use case.
Seems just a way to raise money for the Ripple Labs company.

SchlaWinner (OP)

Activity: 131

Invent Bacon-Coin and see me HODL

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:06:27 PM

On what basis we deem Ripple being part of crypto? Just because coinmarketcap listed them? If Ripple wasn't listed there, than it could have been developing as a traditional company on the traditional exchanges and we would have never known about its existence. Its here to suck money out of the crypto world. And a lot of investors doesn't give a shit about the crypto world. They give a shit only about making money.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts as well. I just dont know whether even the crypto community as a whole has a chance to stop the real big whales and investors from putting ripple up there at the top and watching the ideals of crypto - decentralization as the most important - suffer.

I am too awesome to even do Signature campaigns.
Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:09:37 PM

It's not what cryptocurrencies are supposed to be. But Ripple is an excellent use of blockchain technology for banking. It makes transactions fast&cheap and solves the bank trust issue.

Regular people only care about making money, not on some lofty ideals. From what I know, XRP isn't really used for txns. It is just a token with no use case.

Banks are paying fees in XRP. There are plenty of other, way more useless cryptocurrencies Cheesy

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:38:09 PM

It's not what cryptocurrencies are supposed to be. But Ripple is an excellent use of blockchain technology for banking. It makes transactions fast&cheap and solves the bank trust issue.

Banks are paying fees in XRP. There are plenty of other, way more useless cryptocurrencies Cheesy

Besides that a crypto currency was supposed to be decentralized, and nothing like ripple is.
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:18:49 PM

BTC was built to stop from a centralized figure from meddling in. It's deflationary and decentralized model was built on this belief. And it's astounding to see a centralized currency fare this well for so long. But fret not, this is only because of coinbase listing xrp. It will fall. This is just riding the crypto bull. And we know how long is that going to last.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: