Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:52:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best CPU Mineable Coins in 2019 and CPU Mining Guides [UPDATED!]  (Read 63286 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Matthias K.

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 01:20:19 PM

When's next Monero fork? Do I have any chance to snatch anything meaningful in the first week of mining with the CPU?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kaszebe1

Activity: 397
Merit: 9

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 06:12:02 AM

Is anyone actually able to make any money on these CPU-only coins or are you guys all in for the sport?

Grin

Last I got involved in a CPU coin (Nerva), I only ever hit two blocks with a 5960x after days of mining... and they were worth next to nothing.

it is fair question. Good representasion here; https://www.uplexamining.com/hw-benchmarks/
uPlexa price very low right now, but just cmc listed, so hopefully will rise when more interest.

I have around 80kh/s and am making around $12 per day (minus electrisity)

Some or more harder. coins like haven are impossible for small miner now.

Sorry for bad words, english not my mother language Sad

80 kh/s  ... to achieve such hashrate you must have for example 20 (twenty!) ryzens 7 1700x. I dont see an average person mining on twenty ryzen computers.

I tried many coins  mining -  from cpu to gpus - and all I can say it not prfitable at all. Even if you dont pay for electricity its not worth that. You must invest thousands of $$$ in hardware to get any money from mining ..but the the return of your investment is very doubtful. Its much easier just buying some coins you belive can skyrocket and wait - you spend less money than buying gpus or powerful cpus you dont really need.

The only thing that makes mining profitable is stealing few ASIC machines and electricity Smiley Having one computer with even powerful cpu or gpu is not worth the pennies you can earn (remeber that banging it on 100% cpu/gpu usage can broke it).
neqniox

Activity: 85

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 10:25:05 AM

Is anyone actually able to make any money on these CPU-only coins or are you guys all in for the sport?

Grin

Last I got involved in a CPU coin (Nerva), I only ever hit two blocks with a 5960x after days of mining... and they were worth next to nothing.

it is fair question. Good representasion here; https://www.uplexamining.com/hw-benchmarks/
uPlexa price very low right now, but just cmc listed, so hopefully will rise when more interest.

I have around 80kh/s and am making around $12 per day (minus electrisity)

Some or more harder. coins like haven are impossible for small miner now.

Sorry for bad words, english not my mother language Sad

80 kh/s  ... to achieve such hashrate you must have for example 20 (twenty!) ryzens 7 1700x. I dont see an average person mining on twenty ryzen computers.

I tried many coins  mining -  from cpu to gpus - and all I can say it not prfitable at all. Even if you dont pay for electricity its not worth that. You must invest thousands of $$$ in hardware to get any money from mining ..but the the return of your investment is very doubtful. Its much easier just buying some coins you belive can skyrocket and wait - you spend less money than buying gpus or powerful cpus you dont really need.

The only thing that makes mining profitable is stealing few ASIC machines and electricity Smiley Having one computer with even powerful cpu or gpu is not worth the pennies you can earn (remeber that banging it on 100% cpu/gpu usage can broke it).

The coin he mentions is brand new, and probably at the lowest price it ever will be. In fact, based on today's price increase that same rig will make $22 per day.
I think my point here is with a new coin like uPlexa, assuming the project looks good and the dev's are active, it's worth mining a load of them at any price in the early days!

But yes, for continuous profit with an established coin, you are correct, only very large rigs and ASICS will make real money. For me though, mine the new coins! Most of them will be crap, but you only need one to be successful! Smiley
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 10:31:32 AM

The coin he mentions is brand new, and probably at the lowest price it ever will be. In fact, based on today's price increase that same rig will make $22 per day.
I think my point here is with a new coin like uPlexa, assuming the project looks good and the dev's are active, it's worth mining a load of them at any price in the early days!

But yes, for continuous profit with an established coin, you are correct, only very large rigs and ASICS will make real money. For me though, mine the new coins! Most of them will be crap, but you only need one to be successful! Smiley
You say that but I could turn it around and write

"The coin he mentions is brand new, and probably at the highest price it ever will be."

...and in many cases, history will say that I probably wouldn't be wrong.

IMHO CPU coins are profitable if you have an network of computers, an array of servers or a botnet. Using spare cycles of CPUs for mining would be an awesome thing for big firms to make extra $ on. On a mining@home scale, there's just no point.
neqniox

Activity: 85

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 12:15:05 PM

"The coin he mentions is brand new, and probably at the highest price it ever will be."

IMHO CPU coins are profitable if you have an network of computers, an array of servers or a botnet. Using spare cycles of CPUs for mining would be an awesome thing for big firms to make extra $ on. On a mining@home scale, there's just no point.

Good points, but agree to disagree (to an extent). I made £500 in 2 weeks last year, mining a 'new' coin. I couldn't make a £1 in a week now, mining the same coin.
If you're a little miner, you have to get in there immediately. Keep abreast of upcoming projects, be part of the wider discord communities etc. Hey, it's a lot of work!

And I hear you re new coin prices, but as I mentioned, that particular coin is 27% up today.....so it's already higher than it was Wink

Good talk! Nice to hear some valid arguments, rather than dick-swinging, for once Cheesy
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 01:29:19 PM

Good points, but agree to disagree (to an extent). I made £500 in 2 weeks last year, mining a 'new' coin. I couldn't make a £1 in a week now, mining the same coin.
If you're a little miner, you have to get in there immediately. Keep abreast of upcoming projects, be part of the wider discord communities etc. Hey, it's a lot of work!

And I hear you re new coin prices, but as I mentioned, that particular coin is 27% up today.....so it's already higher than it was Wink

Good talk! Nice to hear some valid arguments, rather than dick-swinging, for once Cheesy
Yeah I made $500 in a week of mining one coin with one rig last year as well... That shitcoin was called Raven Grin

But they're really the odd ones out. There's been a draught of good opportunities in the past year. Or they've been very hard to find. January brought us Veil, Grin and Beam, a welcome little change. But we need more. The upcoming XMR fork might give us a bit of extra cash but otherwise we all just need the prices to go back up.
kaszebe1

View Profile
February 27, 2019, 02:49:55 PM

All you're talking about here has nothing to do with mining itself. Mentioned Earnings resulted from pumping the price through the market shortly after the extraction of these coins. There are two different things: realtime profitable mining is one ... and the other thing is completely unprofitable mining of a coin which in short time after ..gain much value.

I assume once again: There is no such coin (and never been) you can profitable mine on an average desktop computer. Even bitcoin in its early stage was unprofitable. It has value now ...but not then (in 2009,2010) whe there was possibility to mine it on cpu.

For the above reason it is always better to buy new coin than struggle with mining it cause buying in early stage is faster and its cheaper than minig.

...and when coin is valuable it is time to sell not to mining  or buying ...

lakrancoin
Copper Member

Activity: 56

Lakran - Future Private Digital Cash

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2019, 08:41:17 PM

Try to mine Lakran coins. It's easy!

LAKRAN POWERFUL PRIVATE DIGITAL CASH
kaszebe1

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 02:53:33 PM

Try to mine Lakran coins. It's easy!

Lakran is premined ... So ...bye bye..

VoskCoin (OP)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2019, 01:55:09 PM

Put together a little video review showing some 2019 cpu mining profitability numbers and exploring common options ex XMR and less common like VRSC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9hvDSMBz7s

Full timestamps and links in video description on YouTube.

If you're looking for hashrate & profitability charts, please reference this for AMD Ryzen 1700 on most mining algorithms - http://voskco.in/1700calc
If you're looking for extensive Verus (veruscoin / VRSC) hashrates on CPU and GPU please look here - http://voskco.in/VerusH

If you have CPU mining information/links/hashrates you'd like added to OP please post away and I will update this with more information.

Here's a snapshot of some of the referenced information above

Anyone interested in helping to compile some numbers for other coins they recommend CPU mining?

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
VoskCoin (OP)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2019, 01:57:45 PM

This screenshot has fpga mining earnings mixed in but one could take the percentage, I should just put these on separate addresses to make monitoring easy .. thats an idea Huh lol

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
5000Rays

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 06:43:35 PM

If I wanted to start mining today and had $200 and a laptop,what cpu miners or usb miners would you recommend ? I want to get started mining and know more about if it will be profitable.
giletto

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2019, 11:51:31 PM

I once tried electroneum on CPU mining, wasn't so bad an experience. I need more of such profitable coins to tryout without heavy power requirements. I have been seeing veil and grin around, they both look a worthy try

█████
                       █████████████
                    █████████████
                ██████████████        █████
             █████████████        ████████████
         ██████████████        █████████████
      █████████████        █████████████       ██████
      ██████████        ████████████           ██████
      ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
      ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
      ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
      █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
      █████████████       █████████████        ██████
      ██████████       █████████████           ██████
      ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
      ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
      ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
      ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
      ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
      ██████           █████████████       ██████████
      ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                █████████████       █████████████
             ████████████        █████████████
                 ████         ████████████
                          █████████████
                        ███████████
                           █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
whotheff

Activity: 762
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2019, 01:32:07 PM

Soon uPlexa coin will fork to a even more CPU friendly CN algo, which allows
mobile and low powered devices such as mobile phones to mine faster.

Another coin I found recently is Solo coin - pure solo CPU mining.
Like in the old days Smiley

Andre100

Activity: 128

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 01:24:13 PM

Mine solo good, but what with Sale and even more power cost? ))
cryptorima

Activity: 278
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 01:28:48 PM

ETN has proven to be pretty profitable CPU mining for me as well (Also cryptonight)
Electroneum (ETN) is a CPU mine able coin but I most like Monero (XMR) for CPU mining.
It’s more profitable than ETN. Also I like to mine Dash coin.
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 01:34:01 PM

This screenshot has fpga mining earnings mixed in but one could take the percentage, I should just put these on separate addresses to make monitoring easy .. thats an idea Huh lol
[snip img]https://i.imgur.com/ft91jMA.png[/img]

where you buy FPGA? im interesting to build fpga mining rig.
right now im using Ryzen R71800x i will posting it the detail hash..

after see your video, i think we need motherboard with 6cpu for mining edition, so we can feel the real cpu mining  Grin
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 01:36:39 PM

If I wanted to start mining today and had $200 and a laptop,what cpu miners or usb miners would you recommend ? I want to get started mining and know more about if it will be profitable.

dont try mining at laptop, its useless learning with highest cost.
better you buy Rx 470 4gb the price at 2nd market arround $90 right now, its very cheap to try mining, but you need arround $100*(not fixed rate) to buy motherboard cpu etc.
Vazan25

Activity: 728
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 02:50:13 AM

Hi!If the laptop has a good powerful processor-at least 4 cores,try to get these coins.
1-YENTEN
2-BANANO
at the moment are produced very well-only in the configuration file to register the number of cores-load to not more than 80 percent.Still, the laptop is not designed for mining.The main watch processor temperature!
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 05:49:21 AM

Soon uPlexa coin will fork to a even more CPU friendly CN algo, which allows
mobile and low powered devices such as mobile phones to mine faster.

Don't forget also about BLUR - pure solo CPU mining.

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: