Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:02:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do some Exchanges not have certain coins?  (Read 146 times)
CryptoMadir (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:35:32 PM

Hi

Im a newbie.

So I have my eye on Ethos. I'm using Binance because Bitrex and Bitfinex currently aren't accepting new registration, however neither Binance or Poloniex sell Ethos? Why do they do this? I would prefer to use one or two exchanges for trading.

Is there a simple way to manage the way you trade if using multiple exchanges?
iolite

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 04:35:42 PM

Hi

Im a newbie.

So I have my eye on Ethos. I'm using Binance because Bitrex and Bitfinex currently aren't accepting new registration, however neither Binance or Poloniex sell Ethos? Why do they do this? I would prefer to use one or two exchanges for trading.

Is there a simple way to manage the way you trade if using multiple exchanges?

it's not easy to add coins, take a lot of efforts and need to check a lot of things prior that, from IT to legal issues
juli50

Activity: 278
Merit: 101

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:51:16 PM

I think coin developers have to pay in order to get in an exchanger. So if you ask why an altcoin is not in an exchanger is probably because they didnt wanted to pay to that exchanger to get in. At least this is with not so big coins, i think exchangers want to add the most known coins in their exchanger so more people trade in there.

MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:16:38 PM

This takes a lot of work. Getting involved in many types of coins will force you to be a part of many exchanges.
Boojapho

Activity: 15
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:54:24 PM

It comes down to money.  It takes time and HW/SW to setup and maintain a new coin. They weigh cost, margin, volume, and risk to figure out if it is worth their time.  If it is, they put it on the exchange.  If not, they leave it off. 
cryptorTUX

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:58:23 PM

I think coin developers have to pay in order to get in an exchanger. So if you ask why an altcoin is not in an exchanger is probably because they didnt wanted to pay to that exchanger to get in. At least this is with not so big coins, i think exchangers want to add the most known coins in their exchanger so more people trade in there.

Devs doesn't need to pay to get their coin listed. Some exchanges require certain amount of trading volume before even adding it. Because they don't feel the need to host the node in some alt network and not earn a lot by having it listed. Other thing is the question are there any influences inside exchange or some public figure within crypto world that will make certain coin to be added. Mostly it is a question of money when you think about it. Many alts are just forks of BTC and are relatively easy to add on exchanges.
CryptoMadir (OP)

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:23:21 AM

Devs doesn't need to pay to get their coin listed. Some exchanges require certain amount of trading volume before even adding it. Because they don't feel the need to host the node in some alt network and not earn a lot by having it listed. Other thing is the question are there any influences inside exchange or some public figure within crypto world that will make certain coin to be added. Mostly it is a question of money when you think about it. Many alts are just forks of BTC and are relatively easy to add on exchanges.

So although an exchange might not have a coin listed today, they might have it listed in a months time assuming the coin does well? Is this correct?
AlexaVenture

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 11:41:06 AM

Thanks cryptortux, Good to know that about being listed on exchanges Wink
Ralph1075

Activity: 211

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:06:54 AM

I noticed that too...just like ETN which is only listed on Cryptopia,But it depends on how hard the developers market their coins, not all coins are on a specific exchange website.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: