Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:16:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BUYING ALTCOINS WITH " PAIRINGS "  (Read 152 times)
margert

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:22:18 AM

Guys

Apologies for my naivety on this subject but I really am struggling !!!!

More and more I want to buy coins with lower market caps that you can find on exchanges such as Cryptopia . Kucoin etc etc - I understand how to get the money onto the exchanges BUT what I am struggling with is VERY few of the alt coins are paired against USD - so you have to trade paired with ETH or most commonly BTC - what does this actually mean ??

Say I " Buy " the coin paired with BTC does that mean that if my coin goes UP in value but BTC goes up by more then I lose out ?? If my coin goes up but BTC goes down - does that mean I earn more money Huh

Apologies but as BTC is just SO volatile surely you can have a situation where your coin does well but you still lose money Huh

Any help anyone could give me really would be greatly appreciated !!!

Many thanks indeed.
I think that your pennies rise in value is due to the fluctuations of the bitcoin market, you can see the market is always changing in capitalization. When bitcoin capitalization increased, the other Altcoins decreased. While the value of the stock is decreasing, the movement of money is very clear. But I believe that one day there will be another coin to beat the bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: