Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:51:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon getting $200m investment for 20nm ASICs!?  (Read 3589 times)
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2013, 09:10:45 PM

The WSJ article was BS and has already been retracted, time to close the thread.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 10:44:35 AM

"Andrew Laurus ‏@frankieterrier 11h

received today communication from #joelewis lawyers Alston & Bird LLP Atlanta / re:Phoenix fund will postpone comment until matter settled."

I guess that phoenix fund does exist, and some kind of project is on going anyway

BitCsByBit

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 11:49:25 AM

Let's see what Yifu has to say about it tomorrow. You never know, there could still be some truth to it. 

Tipsy jar: 1HgfLMXiJQj9KZ7abLRh9rWuR7dgeSyub4
erk

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 11:53:27 AM

Let's see what Yifu has to say about it tomorrow. You never know, there could still be some truth to it. 

Which would be funny if the WSJ has to publish a correction to their correction!
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 12:41:49 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2013, 12:53:25 PM by Bitcoinorama

Which would be funny if the WSJ has to publish a correction to their correction!

I'm sure there is truth to it, the bit I don't like are the bankster connection Bitcoin was created to free us from.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/analysis-and-features/crash-of-a-titan-the-inside-story-of-the-fall-of-lehman-brothers-1782714.html

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/1fed9c58-9085-11e1-9e2e-00144feab49a.html

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/e3b22a2a-a125-11de-a88d-00144feabdc0.html#slide0

http://www.newser.com/story/37459/lehman-crash-triggers-global-market-tumble.html

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 01:51:19 PM

The lehman is the victim of the current financial system since they could not get money from FED in crisis.

I guess anyone from Lehman will fully understand the current system is in the hand of a few money printers, they have the motivation to go for another system

On the other hand, all the central bank beneficiaries will continue as before like nothing happened

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 01:52:48 PM

The lehman is the victim of the current financial system since they could not get money from FED in crisis.

I guess anyone from Lehman will fully understand the current system is in the hand of a few money printers, they have the motivation to go for another system

On the other hand, all the central bank beneficiaries will continue as before like nothing happened

But Bitcoin was created in it's aftermath to escape from such fraudulent individuals as they had caused us to loose faith in the system.

Make no mistake government officials and central bankers were overseeing this cesspool of corruption, but Lehman's was the most instrumental in causing the financial crash and the reason they needed money was due to the misselling of sub-prime junk bonds and the inability to unload them. The fact they rewarded all their staff massively just before the collapse as well was the kicker.

Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2013, 07:45:25 PM

Lehman was just the first domino to fall.  And I doubt this Andrew Laurus guy ever actually worked there anyway.

greaterninja

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 08:59:53 PM

spending 200M on asics is ridiculous...

it costs a couple hundred thousand to a few million to make 1 million 65nm asics...

so 200m on this is just FUD.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:16:21 PM

spending 200M on asics is ridiculous...

it costs a couple hundred thousand to a few million to make 1 million 65nm asics...

so 200m on this is just FUD.

No more like a tenth of that.

kneim
Legendary

Activity: 1666

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:35:18 PM

I asume Phoenix is not stupid. If they are, it's good for us.

If I were Phonix:
Tell everybody about 200 millions, but invest only 20 millions.
Buy some ASICS with a few millions and mine.
Push price with some other millions.
Sell mined Bitcoins on high price

Perhaps this works, if Bitcoin does not fail.

They know how to activate the PR machinery.

-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:37:35 PM

This is a completely debunked hoax.  Jesus, could we please just stop adding to this thread and let it die down off the front page?
kneim
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:40:06 PM

This is a completely debunked hoax.  Jesus, could we please just stop adding to this thread and let it die down off the front page?
Every hoax has a reason, why not speculate about it?

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:43:48 PM

If I were Phonix:

By lying?! That's a great start. How does lack of integrity from banksters help Bitcoin??

kneim
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2013, 09:59:48 PM

If I were Phonix:

By lying?! That's a great start. How does lack of integrity from banksters help Bitcoin??
I have learned, that most of Bitcoin lovers are speculators, this making a lot of money through volatility.

As an anticylical trader, I can earn money from it. But this high volatility is against the most important thing, a stable and trustworthy investment alternative to fiat currrency. I yet don't know a crypto, that pays attention to this, for using by normal people.

BitCsByBit

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 08:09:57 AM

Avalon has not fully denied the rumour.

Just as this matter is reaching its closure. WSJ prints an mashed article consists of rumors, opinions and pieces of various stories. Avalon whilst under NDA(s) are unable to comment on all aspect of the story. We will however state the following: We were indeed in Amsterdam on Tuesday and had a meeting with TSMC and we will leave it at that for now.

Source: http://www.avalon-asics.com/

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 10:28:43 AM

The update did not address anything, and I'm sorry I find the threat thing a little unbelievable, since Bitsyncom's design team has already left and publicly stated the fall out and their disdain for the remaining member(s).

There's been no mention of this internal break-up from Yifu that needed clearing.

Indeed customs hold-ups are easy to prove using evidence of official papers and tracking ID's so you can hold Yifu to that excuse.

Was totally correct about the new chips info. There was a meeting in Tuesday as mentioned in the press on Sunday. Some of that was bullshit almost certainly to hype the new investment which is why there will be no pre-orders. Yifu is in bed with Banksters. Your chips are unnecessarily delayed due to internal break-up of Bitsyncom. Almost certainly will be a minimum of 28nm gen 4 to compete with current new wave of competitors. Whether you lot will ever get to see any of those chips long before 'preferential' customers is unlikely.

Burnin' and Terrahash, he's knowingly screwed you over. No apology.

No mention or explanation of the 14.2 million chips photographed by Gridchip, almost certainly there has been dodgy dealing and backhanders as alluded to on this forum.

BitCsByBit

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 06:02:27 AM

Is it still a hoax???

http://www.sbwire.com/press-releases/phoenix-technologies-announces-production-of-bitcoin-mining-hardware-302555.htm

EDIT: Very overpriced!

erk

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 06:08:52 AM

Is it still a hoax???

http://www.sbwire.com/press-releases/phoenix-technologies-announces-production-of-bitcoin-mining-hardware-302555.htm

The power consumption is pretty high, it might be Avalon chips:

http://bitcoinminingcenter.com/products/
BitCsByBit

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 06:24:08 AM

Is it still a hoax???

The power consumption is pretty high, it might be Avalon chips:

http://bitcoinminingcenter.com/products/

- 100GH/S Hash Rate
- Shipping within 8-10 weeks of ordering
- Plug & Play (pre-configured)
- Phoenix Tech ASIC Chips
- Lifetime warranty on motherboard & ASIC chips
- LED Screen with Real Time Hash Rate

LOL @ 8-10 weeks. I'm sure we've heard that before.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: