Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:45:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What Kind of Relationship Advice Would You Give a Situation Like This?  (Read 111 times)
Railedwalk (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:17:59 PM

Hey all, as the title states - I really need some relationship advice regarding a recent breakup and was hoping that you guys could provide some input.

Basically, my fiance, which we were due to be married in June just broke up with me a day after the New Year. The breakup happened without warning as far as I could tell since we didn't seem to have any major issues and we even spent countdown together. We've been together for 2 years and decided to get engaged because we both share similar frequencies and there was a lot we had in common (we work in complimenting industries, love kids, don't indulge in any major vices and we always knew how to communicate our issues). Like I said, leading up to the breakup, there was no fight or argument. All she said that day was that she can't see herself being with me anymore and needed to walk away from the relationship. She didn't give me a chance to reason out with her and just packed her stuff and left. She's blocked me off all platforms (social media and phone) and I have no way of reaching her, although I do know she's back at her mom's place.

Now, I don't know if she broke up with me because something happened and she stopped loving me overnight, or is she cheating on me, or could it be she's getting cold feet about the wedding and made a run for it? I really hope someone can give me some insight because she won't tell me why, and her mom doesn't know either. I mean I really want her back but based on the reason for leaving me, it would determine whether I show up at her door to win her back or just to walk away?
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:11:32 PM

It would be nice of her if she spent more time explaining how she feels and at least give you a sense of closure.
It is likely nothing you did, otherwise she would have probably told you. Was she married before? How old are you two?
It seems like neither of us can assume the reason she left, but your actions should be reasonable, no one can expect from you to read her mind.

If she wanted to talk to you, she probably would not block you from contacting her in every way.
This is a very fresh wound, cry it out for few days and talk to your friends. If you have mutual friends then you could maybe ask them if they know anything about what happened, if not, there is nothing you should do here as it seems clear she doesn't want you to bother her.

Either way, I am sorry man. I know it is very painful and that the pain will last for months, but you will get over it as long as you let it hurt and work on it.
Railedwalk (OP)

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:40:34 AM

It would be nice of her if she spent more time explaining how she feels and at least give you a sense of closure.
It is likely nothing you did, otherwise she would have probably told you. Was she married before? How old are you two?
It seems like neither of us can assume the reason she left, but your actions should be reasonable, no one can expect from you to read her mind.

If she wanted to talk to you, she probably would not block you from contacting her in every way.
This is a very fresh wound, cry it out for few days and talk to your friends. If you have mutual friends then you could maybe ask them if they know anything about what happened, if not, there is nothing you should do here as it seems clear she doesn't want you to bother her.

Either way, I am sorry man. I know it is very painful and that the pain will last for months, but you will get over it as long as you let it hurt and work on it.

Thank you for replying. She wasn't married before. I am 27 and she is 25. I think she just got cold feet. She called me yesterday and told me that she thinks its too soon to get married and she wants to see what else is out there. She also told me she loves me but she doesn't want a relationship with me. This is way too confusing for me. You are right, I am going to just focus on myself for a while and spend some time with my friends.

But ultimately, I want to win her back. I read an article on this and I wanted to get your opinion about this. https://getyourexbackpermanently.com/win-your-ex-girlfriend-back/

Basically, it says to give her some space and give her some space for around 30 days and start rebuilding a connection with her slowly. Do you think this is something I should do?
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:18:21 PM

Thank you for replying. She wasn't married before. I am 27 and she is 25. I think she just got cold feet. She called me yesterday and told me that she thinks its too soon to get married and she wants to see what else is out there. She also told me she loves me but she doesn't want a relationship with me. This is way too confusing for me. You are right, I am going to just focus on myself for a while and spend some time with my friends.

But ultimately, I want to win her back. I read an article on this and I wanted to get your opinion about this. https://getyourexbackpermanently.com/win-your-ex-girlfriend-back/

Basically, it says to give her some space and give her some space for around 30 days and start rebuilding a connection with her slowly. Do you think this is something I should do?

It is good news that she called you back, she probably really does care about you deeply.

I don't know, it just seems to be that she is simply too young and wants to see what else is out there.
She probably knows that you are great for her, but people are like that, they still are afraid of missing out on something better.

I don't see why you should try to win her back, as if she really does love you and it seems like she does or at least cares about you a lot, then it is nothing to do with you, remember that. You never lost her, so you can't win her back.

No one can know if she will want to come back to you after she looks around and maybe doesn't find anyone better for her.
I wouldn't suggest that you wait for her as that can lead to you waiting for something that will never happen.

It is ok to grief over your relationship for months and you probably will. So 30 days doesn't seem like that much of time.
You should probably start dealing with the fact that it really might be over for good and accept it.
And if she comes back and you still want her back then good luck, if not, you will get over it.

Just understand the situation that you are in and accept it. It is hard, but it is only thing that you can really do that makes sense.
I can just tell you that there are billions of woman in this world and she is very likely not one of a kind, so don't project this on yourself and start slowly and healthily moving on.

That is just my opinion on this. Talk to your friends and family, I am sure they know you and her a lot better then I do. Smiley
Hang in there friend!  Grin
tujhays

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 12:28:58 PM

Maybe you can give her time to be alone and to think bout what happened and you should wait for the right time to win her heart back. ❤️😄 Maybe she just needed space for herself or it could be she's thinking abiut what will happen after she get marries?? There's a lot of maybe's and if's the only way you could do is try to win her heart but you should be ready what is her answer. (Worse case scenario) Goodluck bro God is good always 😇
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: