Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:54:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is best wallet for bitcoin  (Read 104 times)
D.Luffty (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:29:39 PM

I am a newbie and learning about currency trading, I have created accounts at blockchain and coinbase sites but some of my friends have problems with blockchain and they advise me not to use it. Which is safe to keep bitcoin
SL125

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:37:00 PM

I use Bitcoin Core
cryptotnak

Activity: 194

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:39:03 PM

You should buy a hardwallet,dont trust the exchanges if you are holding a lot of BTC.

Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:40:13 PM

Ledger or Trezor Smiley

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
Sir_Justin

Activity: 68

DhrX89dGj4JUtm7ueVanTqnPyewp49xwjA

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:44:52 PM

You can have different types of wallets

You can have paper wallets, hardware wallets and software wallets.

I got a software wallet, it's called electrum. Which is a program on your computer which holds your btc. You should google it, very useful!

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:47:55 PM

Best wallet for bitcoin is bitcoin core, jaxx, exodus and no blockchain info. All the wallets mentioned allow you to hold private key of your fund except blockchain info which is an online wallet but also very safe to use!
KryptoKai

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:59:56 PM

I also use electrum which is a popular desktop based wallet. You should only keep a small amount of bitcoin on the exchanges - enough for you to trade with. The bulk of your coins should be kept in you private wallets just in case the exchange has a problem

Doctor.Strange

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Go Big or Go Home

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:07:01 PM

Ledger Nano S or Mycelium for android, Electrum for desktop
Marthala

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:08:22 PM

Ledger or Trezor (hardware wallets/dongles). When you start thinking about using hardware storage solutions for your cryptocurrency, you know you've gotten serious. These dongles both make the best bitcoin wallet list because of their safety and mobility. Plus, they're good enough for professional investors.

Electrum (software wallet). Electrum is a popular, free storage option in the bitcoin community, and is one of the most, if not the most, well-respected desktop storage apps out there. It's been around since 2011 and is also available for mobile, though Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) users are out of luck – to date it's only supported by Android.

Blockchain.info (online wallet). Exchanges are ripe pickings for ambitious hackers. Web-based wallets can pose some security and hacking risks too, but they don't have quite the glaring target on their backs that exchanges do. Nor do they have the nightmares of Mt. Gox and Bitfinex hanging over them.

Coinbase (online exchange). Online exchanges are, by and large, less secure than the methods described below. But Coinbase seems to have learned from the lessons of its predecessors, and is one of the biggest bitcoin exchanges in the world. It's also user friendly; not only can you buy, sell, exchange and trade bitcoin on Coinbase, but you can store your bitcoin in a wallet there, too.

sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:16:46 PM

Paper wallet for offline storage or electrum for desktop or android. Like someone mentioned earlier, you must read up on it first.
matveyeff

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

Trade at Sparrow|Leading Options Trading Platform

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:25:47 PM

The best wallet for BTC - Electrum. On my mind of course. A good choice for the new users, simple and light. Currently I'm using this wallet.

━━━       SPARROW       ━━━    
━━━━━━━━━━━━━ Leading Options Trading Platform | Take Control, Trade Confidently. ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
●  ANN Thread  ●  Bounty  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Telegram  ●  Medium  ● 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: