Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:52:36 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Safest/Best Altcoin Exchange  (Read 229 times)
Castlereagh (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 25

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:14:13 PM

Hi there,

I've got quite a few altcoins dispersed across a number of exchanges - Binance, Coinbase, Poloniex to make a few. My long term goal is to get everything moved off into hardware/cold wallets as and when that's possible, as I plan to invest the majority for the long term. However, there are a few more speculative altcoins that I'd still like to have on an exchange so I can set stop-losses/sell orders - and ideally I'd use just the one, so I can make sure there's good 2 factor authentication etc., and not spread across loads of different ones.

Accordingly, could anyone recommend ONE good altcoin exchange - somewhere pretty safe (not likely to go bust or get hacked) that offers a good selection of alts. I'd just like to consolidate my small caps in one location ideally.

Any advice very much appreciated.
alphalifter304

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:17:35 PM

I honestly have had no problems with Bittrex or Poloniex and would recommend them as you have 2 step verification setup for every login in, never stay logged in, and a password that is changed on a regular basis. I have had many issues with HitBTC and would not recommend them for anything other than their demo that actually can help you get pretty good at trading.
aurorabitcoin.96

Activity: 210

Never DO AIRDROPS

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:24:15 PM

Any Altcoin Exchange that has 2 Step Verification?

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
EtceteraTeam
Copper Member

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

Crypto Gift Cards by X-mas? https://etcetera.ltd

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 06:25:02 PM

Hi there,

I've got quite a few altcoins dispersed across a number of exchanges - Binance, Coinbase, Poloniex to make a few. My long term goal is to get everything moved off into hardware/cold wallets as and when that's possible, as I plan to invest the majority for the long term. However, there are a few more speculative altcoins that I'd still like to have on an exchange so I can set stop-losses/sell orders - and ideally I'd use just the one, so I can make sure there's good 2 factor authentication etc., and not spread across loads of different ones.

Accordingly, could anyone recommend ONE good altcoin exchange - somewhere pretty safe (not likely to go bust or get hacked) that offers a good selection of alts. I'd just like to consolidate my small caps in one location ideally.

Well the most secure are the decentralized ones, like EtherDelta. I would recommend BitSharesDex but the volume on there is not that great (but increasing!). Though you always remain in control of your funds so security-wise it's one of the better. You could also look into 0xproject but thats for ERC-20 tokens only. (though you probably have all coins pegged in there somehow just like BitShares)
I'd recommend Binance normally but you know that one already so...
Cheers!

Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:27:24 PM

I would suggest you Binance. It works great and they have a mobile app as well. It's great for trading alts.

Always have 2FA enabled and keep the majority of holdings that you don't want to trade in a wallet, preferably hardware wallet.

Check out this site for list of hardware wallets, I would recommend Ledger:
https://besthardwarewallets.com/

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:28:17 PM

The popular ones now are bittrex and binance, they are unlikely to close down for a long time and have good trading volume. For lesser known coins try cryptopia which is a decent new zealand based exchange - not top end but good enough
SerMeric

Activity: 307
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:30:52 PM

I always trust Bittrex. I never had problem with my orders, withdrawals or deposits. Pages are fast, and user friendly. graphs are reliable.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:50:41 PM

If you really want to use the safest exchange you better to wait for some promising decentralized altcoins popped out, take a look at altcoin.io, I believe its worth to wait. There is no way to measure how safe a centralized exchange, even if you already put all maximum security effort if the exchange is getting hacked, your money's gone.
rumexx

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:01:34 PM

I think you should work with Bittrex . The have the experience and their security system is solid and fees are considerate, is about 0.00100000 BTC . Good luck
sparg

Activity: 280
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:02:26 PM

Bittrex and Bitfinex are my top choices in matter of exchanges. Bitfinex had some problems with hackers attacks but they managed to get trough them well. As well i liked the fact that hey were very transparent about the attacks and you could watch in real time what is  the status of the exchange.

SerMeric

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:07:37 PM

Volume is an another important measure that matters a lot. I put my money in a local exchange site, the price was very good but there was almost no volume at all, my orders mever took place. Immediately withdraw and run out of there. I have never faced any volume related issue in bittrex.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:09:35 PM

Hi there,

Almost majority of trading platforms today are good. It's just that who will be the first one who will wreck their reputation.

Your coins are fine at your chosen exchanges and you can used those for your long term goals. Just hope that one of them will not turned into fraud in the future.
inyakizuryel

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:09:56 PM

Cryptopia and etherdelta are good exchanges and i said that because i also used that when i exchange my altcoins into bitcoins, that is what i suggest for you
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:14:01 PM

I currently use bittrex, haven't had any issues with it so far, only 2 confirmations required for deposits.

However, registrations are now closed due to the large recently influx of users, you should definitely check it out when it reopens however as they list some coins not available elsewhere.
SerMeric

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:16:25 PM

Cryptopia and etherdelta are good exchanges and i said that because i also used that when i exchange my altcoins into bitcoins, that is what i suggest for you

Etherdelta got hacked couple of weeks ago and many people lost their coins..
yulchatar

Activity: 910

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:17:58 PM

I trust such exchanges as Binance and KuCoin. And also Poloniex especially since there is introduced mandatory verification which indicates their serious intentions.
bountyjunkie

Activity: 168

WEICROWD.COM - ICO Tech, Funding & Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 08:21:20 PM

None that is safest and best. Decentralized ones are closest to being safe.

kpierce77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:25:41 PM

I've always used bittrex, and there's no problem. I think I'll suggest you to use bittrex Grin
Sirait

Activity: 1890
Merit: 101

1xBit 🏆 │ NotYourKeys.org

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 09:01:47 PM

Etherdelta got hacked couple of weeks ago and many people lost their coins..
I'm pretty comfortable trading on Etherdelta,
though there's still a lot of Etheredelta but I'm aware, it's all for less..

Castlereagh (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 25

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:05:43 PM

Awesome responses. Thanks all - really helpful. Got to research a few of these new options now...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: