Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:07:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin Quality Checklist  (Read 116 times)
SerMeric (OP)

Activity: 307
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:17:26 PM

Do you have any checklist to determine the quality of an altcoin? Is there a standardized version ? I think this is a must for us to evaluate an altcoin when we want to invest..
cryptorgasm

Activity: 13
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:40:38 PM

Do you have any checklist to determine the quality of an altcoin? Is there a standardized version ? I think this is a must for us to evaluate an altcoin when we want to invest..
I am also interested,a website with good un-biased review with all the alts.
craigpo

Activity: 103
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:06:33 PM

I follow this method:

1. Team/founders
2. Idea itself
3. whitepaper
4. demand
5. telegram group/social media
6. market demand
7. market cap (depending)

Those are the minimums of what I look for in ICO's. From there it's pretty easy to make a good judgement. My recent win with this one is the bee token. Decentralized airbnb with zero commissions. Their market cap is $15m overall and their team is from google, facebook, and uber. Their presale sold out in 5 minutes too.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:16:19 PM

You can use a checklist to immediately identify weak/bad projects - no whitepaper, no roadmap, no identifiable team etc.
But if a project has all of the basics in place, then you can't really use a simple yes/no checklist system to determine viability of the coin. You really have to look into the details of each project, exactly what they are trying to solve, competitors, credentials of the developers, whether or not goals are realistic etc... with the good projects it really takes a bit of time to check through everything.
bitcointarget

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:18:50 PM

There are some ICO rating websites and platforms but we can't trust them completely. They may be get paid by the teams and they may want to show the project much better than it is. They may hide the negative aspects.

Becasuse of this, always judge them on your own and reach the result accordingly.
SerMeric (OP)

Activity: 307
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:58:11 PM

There are some ICO rating websites and platforms but we can't trust them completely. They may be get paid by the teams and they may want to show the project much better than it is. They may hide the negative aspects.

Becasuse of this, always judge them on your own and reach the result accordingly.

Yes the webpages are not trustworty because of that exact reasons. Even john mcaffee is getting paid to promote a coin and he threatens to demolish a coin because he did not get paid.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: