Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:24:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DeepOnion Whitepaper Review!  (Read 209 times)
Ebenezar64 (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 06:37:12 PM

It has been asked for as long as I first heard of DeepOnion. The Whitepaper has finally been released and what an interesting read it is! As soon as I heard I knew I had to write a review, after having a check for myself first, and here it is. If you want to have a check for yourself first you can find the Whitepaper here: DeepOnion Whitepaper

I really like how they start out with explaining their vision for DeepOnion to entice the reader to find out more on how DeepOnion "strives to become the premier privacy-centric cryptocurrency by improving the current state-of-the art and introducing novel blockchain technologies."

Let's go in-depth to the key points that the DeepOnion team have chosen to highlight in their paper.

Privacy and Anonymity

It is no surprise that most of the whitepaper focuses on highlighting the issues that exist in BitCoin and Ethereum in regards to privacy, anonymity, and scalability of the networks. How will DeepOnion solve these issues?! By applying a "Multi-layered Security Model" consisting of four layers:
  • The Transport Layer - The TOR Network
  • The Protocol Layer - Zero Knowledge
  • The Transaction Layer - Multi-Signature & CoinJoin (DeepSend)
  • Application Layer - Security Applications (DeepVault) and Smart Contracts
Reading about this clarification was one of the most interesting topics of the Whitepaper since it explains how DeepOnion will reach the level of security and anonymity that their vision details. It also shows the clear feasibility of the project. The TOR Network is already in place, the Zero Knowledge and DeepSend features are in the Roadmap and both are based on proven/existing technology.

Some might argue that none of these technologies are anything new but why invent the wheel again if it already exists? It is the combination of this 4-layer approach that is new and will ensure complete anonymity and privacy of performing online transactions which is what is so exciting!

The transaction speed of DeepOnion, at 62.5 tx/s, was already known before the whitepaper and clearly outmatches the capabilities of both BitCoin and Ethereum and even beats LiteCoin (56 tx/s). But what I hadn't heard about was they seem to be looking at the possibility of implementing the "lightning network technology" to theoretically increase the transaction speed to match the VISA Network (approx. 56k tx/s). If that don't answer the scaling issue questions on cryptos nothing will.

Mobile Wallet and VoteCentral

The Whitepaper contains a few "marketing images" of the Mobile Wallet interface and also the landing screen of VoteCentral which both looks user-friendly and stunning. The Whitepaper clearly hints that the release of the Android Wallet is not far away and that we can expect the iOS Wallet to follow not long after.
The Whitepaper is the first time more in-depth knowledge, about VoteCentral, is being shared. I really like how they describe their vision of DeepOnion as a "living organism" and how VoteCentral will help to achieve this through community sentiments and weighted democratic voting. It really makes it seem like, as part of the community, you will get a say in how the coin adapts and evolves going forward.

DeepPoints

The Whitepaper also mentions the DeepPoints feature, which is a community reward program where members got rewarded by being active and posting quality content on the DeepOnion forum. This will probably be removed from the paper in short time since the reward program, in the form of DeepPoints at least, have been removed. It became a necessity after spam abuse spreading on the DeepOnion forum. After the removal, the forum has again returned to its former glory and, the spammers have all but disappeared.

Final Notes

For those that haven't already, I would really suggest you take the time and have a look through the Whitepaper. It clearly shows the goals that DeepOnion is trying to achieve and what we can expect from them in 2018. The team is very open and meets the critiques head on, regarding the possibility that Developers might sell their coins as DeepOnion reaches a certain price, and explains, in the whitepaper, how this is mitigated/prevented.
For me, this was an absolute delight to read and cleared up the questions I still had regarding scalability, VoteCentral and how DeepSend is meant to be implemented. Let me know your thoughts on the Whitepaper and remember it is still not too late to Join DeepOnion AirDrop (link in my signature) and start earning some ONIONs.

Disclaimer: I am no financial advisor so you should always do your own research before choosing to invest in any project

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptoarena

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:26:40 PM

Hi guys,

Just joined DeepOnion because of all the positive comments on YouTube videos. The technique sounds really nice and wallet looks nice as well. Can somebody please let me know what is the best discussion for DeepOnion here on BitcoinTalk?

Cheers
sylance

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:37:06 PM

Hi guys,

Just joined DeepOnion because of all the positive comments on YouTube videos. The technique sounds really nice and wallet looks nice as well. Can somebody please let me know what is the best discussion for DeepOnion here on BitcoinTalk?

Cheers

Really the best thing for you to do is head over to the DeepOnion community. https://deeponion.org/community/

I love Bitcointalk and I'm obviously reading and commenting here... but not for DeepOnion.  Just like I have numerous Telegram channels for different coins; but to be honest, the DeepOnion community is the best one I follow.  It's best to follow the community if you want the latest news.  Still check here for an unbiased review but head over to the community. 

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
adanma

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 10:02:04 PM

Hi guys,

Cheers

Really the best thing for you to do is head over to the DeepOnion community. https://deeponion.org/community/

I love Bitcointalk and I'm obviously reading and commenting here... but not for DeepOnion.  Just like I have numerous Telegram channels for different coins; but to be honest, the DeepOnion community is the best one I follow.  It's best to follow the community if you want the latest news.  Still check here for an unbiased review but head over to the community.  

please read and answer : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2690586
g.m.tyshenk

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 11:08:25 PM

Hi guys,

Cheers

I love Bitcointalk and I'm obviously reading and commenting here... but not for DeepOnion.  Just like I have numerous Telegram channels for different coins; but to be honest, the DeepOnion community is the best one I follow.  It's best to follow the community if you want the latest news.  Still check here for an unbiased review but head over to the community. 

Absolutely!  There are so many threads and discussions going on at deeponion.org that you will be reading for many many hours just to keep up with the community postings.  My favourite is the deeponion meme threads.  I read the memes and all the postings are so funny it makes my day not so bad  when I am having a crappy day at work!
geauxtigers

Activity: 30
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:59:24 PM

what is the main difference between Onion and Verge? I have Verge in my portfolio, and I am wondering if I should add Onion.
Market cap is still very low now, and the potential seems huge if the project gets accepted widely.

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=geauxtigers)
QueenOfCrypto

Activity: 564
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:33:00 AM

I have also read the whitepaper and I have found it very well written and a serious work for a coin with a vision. This makes the project more and more credible long term.
Mattwald

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:50:37 AM

Have been involved with deep onion now for a few months, and was ecstatic too see the whitepaper come out. Finally can participate in air drops. Promising new feature s like deep vault on the way. Can't wait to see what's in store for this coin.
Zendalet

Merit: 12

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:13:38 AM

Have been involved with deep onion now for a few months, and was ecstatic too see the whitepaper come out. Finally can participate in air drops. Promising new feature s like deep vault on the way. Can't wait to see what's in store for this coin.

I had a look at those airdrops. Aren't they insignificant, like a few percent of your holdings, which unless you were an early adopter probably won't be that much in absolute terms?
xiaoxz

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 01:59:26 AM

Although I'm not a supporter of the deeponion, I'm glad to see the onion finally releasing the white paper. I'm a heavy mobile phone user, and I won't use onions unless he releases a mobile wallet, just as I only use the ether but not bitcoin, with the same reason.
Ebenezar64 (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:03:43 AM

what is the main difference between Onion and Verge? I have Verge in my portfolio, and I am wondering if I should add Onion.
Market cap is still very low now, and the potential seems huge if the project gets accepted widely.

Your are right that the currencies are somewhat similar. I made a thread on this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2670134.msg27248467#msg27248467. Feel free to check it out.
In short I would say the main difference between Verge and DeepOnion is:
  • Verge uses I2P tunneling service (Ipv6) to make transactions secure
  • DeepOnion uses Multi-Sig and CoinJoin feature (based on SuperCoin) with Guarantor and Mixer to make their transaction secure

In the Whitepaper you can read more about how Deeponion plan to add another feater: The ZeroKnowledge feature to make their transactions even more secure.
Those are the differences in regards to how they make the transactions pivate but except for that both coins have some unique features which I mentioned in the thread about Verge and Deeponion.

Ebenezar64 (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:05:23 AM

Although I'm not a supporter of the deeponion, I'm glad to see the onion finally releasing the white paper. I'm a heavy mobile phone user, and I won't use onions unless he releases a mobile wallet, just as I only use the ether but not bitcoin, with the same reason.

The Android wallet is planned to be released very soon so you can expect to be using DeepOnion in the near future Smiley. iOS wallet is in the plan after that.

cryptoarena

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:00:41 PM

About DeepOnion:

I would like you all to take some time to read this thread. I'm going to take you along in a trip trough the DeepOnion community & their roadmap.
Since DeepOnion started to spread their word & what they want to offer to the cryptoworld, people have been joining at high rate.
I came in a few months later and discovered an already large community full of supportive, helpful & dedicated members.
People who think alike and know that this project is bound to become one of the bigger players in cryptoworld.
With a very detailed focus on security & anonimity, DeepOnion managed to leave a lot of other alt coins behind in their quest to reach their goals...
A goal that gives back the privacy to the people and the opportunity to detach from centralized data & valuta companies.

Beside all that, DeepOnion offers also a lot of possibilites to earn Onion coins in different ways... from DeepPoints (rewarding system for active members) to weekly Airdrops, based on your amount of Onions you are hodling.

Recently they've expanded the development team to respond even faster to the development demands from the community and to be sure they keep on track according to the roadmap.

Not convinced yet ? Here are some interesting key features from DeepOnion :

Latest released feature : DeepVault

This in-wallet feature allows all wallet owners to store their important documents in a secure way. Due to the use of the blockchain, your files are secured and cannot be edited in any way.
It also ads a extra security layer in the form of hashes of files, which is a way to verify your documents to see of they are still the original files as posted by the user.
Even dough this is merely and extra protection, the already safe way of storing these files should be enough to convince you to use the system.
read more on the DeepOnion website : https://deeponion.org/

Coming soon : VoteCentral

With VoteCentral the DeepOnion team wants to give the chance to the community to decide about the further future & goals for the project.
All community-members will have a vote & possibility to bring up new ideas and innovations that fits the way of thinking of DeepOnion.
I'ts expected to be launched after the last airdrop, which should be within a few months from now.

Can't get enough or you just want to hear more about it ?
Stay informed about this wonderful project on https://deeponion.org/ and see for yourself that this is a worthy project to at least follow and even better, be part of!
Don't forget to join the community if you think you can be part of the future of this project.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: