Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:36:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Did you already lose Bitcoins?
Exchange went bankrupt - 0 (0%)
Lost my wallet file - 0 (0%)
Lost my password fully - 0 (0%)
Lost my seed fully - 0 (0%)
Lost my password but have clues about my password - 1 (50%)
Lost only part of my seed - 0 (0%)
Recovered myself - 0 (0%)
Recovered by a third party - 0 (0%)
No! - 1 (50%)
Total Voters: 2

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: USW Bitcoin Recovery Service (5% discount for bitcointalk members)  (Read 148 times)
dolfje (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:43:45 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2018, 10:22:25 AM by dolfje

I'm Nikos Verschore from the company USW bvba with HQ in Brussel.
We started our Bitcoin Recovery Service dec 2017. So just started, but are willing to help the bitcoin users.

The fee is only 10% for BitcoinTalk members who give a review in this thread

We are doing a trustless way of recovering the bitcoin wallet for a 15% fee. It is a technique already demonstrated here. By only extracting parts of the wallet, we never have access to the funds. We have created a GUI for the extraction, you can find the instructions and the source code on https://github.com/UwSoftWare/trustless_btc_recovery (For the experts, it uses the pywallet and btcrecover scripts and adds a GUI to it. It is freely available and may be rebranded for other recovery services). The fee only has to be payed after successful recovery.

FAQ:
Why should you trust me?
  • Firstly, you don't have to trust me for doing the recovery. It uses techniques that don't put your funds in jeopardy already proved by the Bitcoin community.
  • Secondly, I'm backed by a company. So it is possible to create legal binding contracts
  • Thirdly, if I'm doing something fishy, that person should post here as fast as possible! I life from my reputation. So if something goes wrong, warn others here! (I'm trying to convince some of my successful recoveries, to comment here un-anonymously)

We can we do the extraction trustless if you have one of the following wallet:
  • Blockchain.info
  • Bitcoin core
  • Bither*
  • Armory*
  • Electrum*
  • Multibit*
* the extraction scripts will be added to https://github.com/UwSoftWare/trustless_btc_recovery when a client needs them

When can we recover your wallet?
  • Blockchain.info:
    -- If you have access to the email account used to create your account + a fairly good guess about your password
    -- or If you have a fairly good guess about your seed (be aware this is not trustless, only engage if you trust me and my company)
  • Other:
    -- If you still have your wallet + a fairly good guess about your password
    -- or If you have a fairly good guess about your seed (be aware this is not trustless, only engage if you trust me and my company)

What is a fairly good guess about your password?
  • Your password is maximum 7 characters, but you don't know anything else
  • You used an english word with 4 numbers after it
  • You used 2 words out of the bible with some exclamation mark
  • You know your password but it is not accepted and think that 1 to 4 characters are wrong
  • You have a list of passwords your normally use and used a combination of that

What is a fairly good guess about your seed?
  • You know 10 or more of the 12 words
  • You are uncertain of 3 of the words (because you have written them down, but cannot read it back)

How come we can crack your passwords?
First because, we humans, create bad passwords. So if you didn't use a password generator and have made your passwords like you created your other passwords. Then we can abstract the knowledge about how you are creating your password and use that logic to create potential passwords for your wallet. Sadly (and luckily) the wallet use strong encryption that makes it very slow to do guessing of the passwords. 10billion/s for md5, against 50k/s for wallets. Luckily we use a farm of GPUs to fasten the recovery.

What is trustless recovery?
By not giving your full wallet, but only parts of the wallet, you don't give the real access to your funds. These extraction scripts are implemented by the most-know btcrecover. We used these scripts and added a GUI wrapper to make it a easy to use program.

What is USW bvba? Should I trust that?
We are a company in Brussels, Belgium. We have customers like EITDigital, IMEC, University Ghent. Normally we create custom software for our clients. One of the projects is create a learning platform based on blended learning. The second part of our company is busy with creating a Drone Light Show (First show this summer). As Bitcoin enthousiast and having the knowledge about running the GPU servers and also doing the recovery, we brought this service to everybody. Nice thing about the backing of a real company is that we can create legally binding contract if necessary.

Are you doing the services remotely?
Yes, I'm willing to come to the client to recover data. As I cannot guarantee recovery, all costs should be payed upfront by the client.
But the better option (and mostly used for 100+ BTC) is to recover it trustless and then once successful recovered. The password and fee are exchanged on location.

Our website:
https://uwsoftware.be/index.php/bitcoin-recovery-service/
Our GUI developer for trustless extraction:
https://github.com/UwSoftWare/trustless_btc_recovery
The AMA I did last month about the service:
https://cryptoama.com/i-just-created-a-cryptocurrency-recovery-business-do-you-want-to-know-the-473009
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:03:50 PM

Seems very interesting, and definitely something I'll be interested in using (in virtual machine for now).

Could anybody run a virus scan on this, stating the obvious - running executable files from newbies is rarely a good idea.
dolfje (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:09:21 PM

As all source is open source and python is used. Everybody can look into the source that will be executed. It is not packaged. So no virus scanner is needed. At the moment the sources has 10 stars, I didn't inflate it myself. So that are already 9 independent people that have looked at the code and approved it. Ps. It should be about 100 before you should trust the stars. But we only need somebody with trust within Bitcoin to check the sources and approve it verbally here Wink In case you don't trust our sources yet, we can always fallback to the known and approved btcrecover.
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 08:32:52 PM

Why should I use your services instead of the trusted walletrecoveryservices with a track record of recovering large values of BTC?

taking a break - expect delayed responses
dolfje (OP)

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:40:34 PM

I you feel saver by Dave, you should use his service. I'm not willing to lure his clients away or to compete with him. He has a fantastic service and a fantastic reputation. He already does this for a long time. I'm only starting. But there are some differences:
- I'm asking 15% fee, he is asking 20% fee
- He is at the moment overwhelming by demand.

I'm just jumping in, because I have the experience and knowledge of doing it + I can help other people. So don't feel obliged to use our service.
dolfje (OP)

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:35:15 AM

Just had my first Bitcointalk customer, thank you!
dolfje (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:29:37 AM

I've added a poll to this thread. I want to know how many people already lost some Bitcoins. Just as an insight, as only persons who have lost Bitcoins come to my service.
hd67xlch

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:42:05 PM

I've added a poll to this thread. I want to know how many people already lost some Bitcoins. Just as an insight, as only persons who have lost Bitcoins come to my service.

Ive lost some btc, like an idiot I think I deleted all the hidden electrum wallet files  from my drive, I have what the password was but it keeps telling me invalid password, I definatley have the correct seed, because it lets me use it trying to restore the old wallet, but it just keeps creating new wallets without the btc. The coins have not been spent I see them on blockchain.

Going to contact you thanks
perryman1860

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 08, 2021, 01:36:58 PM

Hi   I just  wanted to post  this  and tell my story. I purchased Bitcoin in Jan 2018  on my Trezor  device and eventually built it up  as the price crashed from December 2017  all time high ( ATH).
 After a firmware upgrade I did in May 2018 , I thought  I had lost my Bitcoin. It kept saying invalid seed. At the time I wrote down my seed I thought  I had done that correctly. A 24 word seed. I never tested it as this was not the done thing back then.
Long story short, I could not access my seed. Now  3 years later as the price is  rising ,I need access to my seed. I turned to Bitcoin Dave ( Wallet Recovery Services) and he tried to recover my seed but after a week he gave up.He said he could not  help me any further.I thought I had lost it forever.
I then saw Nikos Vershore on this site. I did my research and reached out to him. I was deeply reluctant to give over my seed again. But I did ,it was my last chance. Nikos either  cracks the case ,fails or  succeeds and steals my funds.
But  after I gave over my seed in an encrypted email ,he went to work.I left all my trust in him.
 To my surprise 24 hours later I had an email from him. I logged in and he gave me the good news  that he recovered my seed. I got so very emotional and was close to tears as I showed my wife. He had saved me and my families long term future. He changed the course of my life.I am in my 50's and these funds were our future.
 Now this is my story. It is 100 % genuine .Now  I am not asking you to believe me and follow me.
All I say is do your due diligence and then decide if you want to go with Nikos Vershore. He is easily  found on the internet. Make your own mind up.
I found him to honest and professional and I feel that in real life  he probably is a nice guy also.
If you have lost your Bitcoin, he could turn out to be your saviour like he was my family.
dolfje (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2021, 10:20:21 PM

Thank you for the kind words. Trying to make a difference...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: