Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:17:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie Forum  (Read 197 times)
superbotolo (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 07:46:54 PM

The majority of new posts in Bitcoin Discussion are from newbies in the cryptocurrency world. Newbies are great, but it gets more and more difficult to find here some interesting discussions for people who have been here for few years.

Would it make sense to create a subsection in Bitcoin Discussion for basic questions and answers?
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 06:06:26 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2018, 06:28:22 AM by BTCforJoe

The majority of new posts in Bitcoin Discussion are from newbies in the cryptocurrency world. Newbies are great, but it gets more and more difficult to find here some interesting discussions for people who have been here for few years.

Would it make sense to create a subsection in Bitcoin Discussion for basic questions and answers?
Already exists.

Is this an alt account of yours? It's kind of like the pot calling the kettle black...

But to answer your question, I started blacklisting members here who are obviously just sig spammers, and newbies who don't contribute to any form of conversation. I feel like a lot of newbies are just spam-posting to get to the required member level that allows them to join a sig campaign.

But bookmark this page: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;sa=ignprefs

That's the "Ignore Settings" page where you can add usernames of members who you no longer wish to see posts from. The method that I use? When I see a member (of any level) posting in a thread, and doesn't contribute any substance to the topic, or gives the same repetitive answer as many others, I check their profile and see the last posts of that user. If they're an obvious sig spammer, I add them to my ignore list. Yes, it takes time, but you'd be surprised at how much the quality of these forums go up after just a week of doing this.

You can also use the "Watchlist" feature by clicking on the "watch" link in the upper right of the original post for any posts that interest you. You can then click on the "Watchlist" link (or simply bookmark this page: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=watchlist) to see the topics you'd like to follow. Once you feel that the topic has been covered to your liking, and you don't have anything else to learn from the topic, click on the "unwatch" link in the upper right.

Stick around, and you'll find little ways to make this a decent experience.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3074

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 06:07:41 AM

Beginners & Help

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
superbotolo (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 08:39:05 PM

Thanks guys, I did not realize we had this space already. I wonder why the moderators don't actively move some of the posts in the main area to the Beginners & Helpers section.

And yes, this is a temporary account. My original account is botolo86. I am having problem accessing the account. I have contacted the admins, but so far no reply  Embarrassed
jamegen

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 02:59:45 PM

how can a mere newbie post and send messages? huhuhuhu  Sad Cry
lobcmt2

Activity: 462
Merit: 155

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:08:34 PM

how can a mere newbie post and send messages? huhuhuhu  Sad Cry
After several threads (also means several activities) you will send messages easier. Don't worry, keep learning, improving, helping. Be yourself and don't pay too much attention on earning money from the forum. You should learn first.
Additionally, Beginners & help board is for newbies, but you should using search function first before creating new topic. It is simply because most of newbies questions had been answered in old topics. In most cases, newbies don't have to create new topic for such a basic question.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: