Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:02:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PoW Altcoins  (Read 143 times)
NotANoCoiner (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:33:23 PM

I would like to know your opinions about new PoW Coins.
Do you guys think they have a future or if Proof of Work in general has a future?
Because I think it takes way too much electricity for mining and this huge power consumption is really bad for the environment, maybe other solutions could be more efficient.
killerkeemstar

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:36:30 PM

DAG will prolly replace it mate
Frank76

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:38:04 PM

For example.New project Rebellious has an algorithm PoW and this very promising project.
stromae

Activity: 309
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 08:38:55 PM

Do you guys think they have a future or if Proof of Work in general has a future?
Because I think it takes way too much electricity for mining and this huge power consumption is really bad for the environment, maybe other solutions could be more efficient.

Excessive electiricity consumption is bad for the environment and world. But their system work in this way, it's called proof of work, you spend energy and buy equipments do mine pow coins. Some of them can change their system into pos. Ethereum is also discussing this nowadays.
Coin.Master636

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:04:11 PM

I would prefer alternative means of verifying transactions. I don't like the fact mining is using so much electricity for relatively simple tasks. (I know the algorithms aren't simple, but the action "verifying" is.) Cryptocurrencies are about the future, but there won't be a future if we destroy the environment :-)

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
ghonkz

Activity: 459
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:09:46 PM

huge power consumption is really bad for the environment
If we not use it for mining we still use it for another thing and still broke the environment anyway. But yeah its annoying and many coin switch to PoS recently
blok

Activity: 93

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:12:53 PM

PoS and DAG are still at proof-of-concept stage currently. All big chains are PoW — so while I believe that PoS / PoB have better long-term prospects, I do believe some new PoW coins will become popular.
anelenaniku

Activity: 136

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:13:08 PM

100% NO future! PoW it should be died long ago but newbies are still supporting coins with PoW...
Btw newbies still supporting token with ZERO value token, empty tokens...
PoS and similar algorithms will replace the PoW and probably all empty token coins like btc ltc dash etc will die too..
anasso

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:21:05 PM

the main problem with POW tokens is the fees. if you want make transaction on the blockchain, you must pay fees to miners.

i think this model is going to disapear and the feeless tokens like iota or raiblocks will take advantage in the future.
seo-maestro

Activity: 420
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:36:21 PM

Most perspective are Hybrid POS/POW coins like GBX (more info look in my signature)
galz2017

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:59:00 PM

why pow ? pos is better.
these are pos :
UNIFY and RUPX.
very low max supply.pos.good coins and community.
unify is up 2500 % in a few months(from 0.006 to 0.22)
unify has maximum coins of 19 million.marketcap is near 4 million.
bittrex and cex.io are planning to add this coin soon.
10 $ easy by june 2019.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: